Official Bojangles Megathread

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
I probably had too much Bojangles in college. Especially the 2 piece leg and thigh dinner with dirty rice and sweet tea/Pepsi.

tomdundo

Sep 11, 2011
Raleigh
I probably had too much Bojangles in college. Especially the 2 piece leg and thigh dinner with dirty rice and sweet tea/Pepsi.

I went to Apex High. I had Bojangles 3-4 times per week my junior year of high school, since I didn't get a parking spot that year and that was basically the only option besides Taco Bell.

Dec 30, 2013
Whelp my dinner was Bojangles. Went through the drive thru and asked for extra seasoning...The chick at the window filled a french fry bag up halfway with it. So much seasoning. So much win

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
If anyone ever goes to the Bojangles in Matthews on Indpendence Blvd there is sometimes an actual live chicken roaming the parking lot.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Bojangles multiple times per week? Why not just go to a really good restaurant once per week instead?

Speaking of really good restaurants, my wife and I went to An (in Cary) tonight. Haven't been there for a few years, but it was honestly one of the better meals I've ever had. The sea bass was unbelievable. Granted, it is pricey and I could have had Bojangles probable 6-8 times for the price of my meal, but I'd make that trade any time.

tomdundo

Sep 11, 2011
Raleigh
Bojangles multiple times per week? Why not just go to a really good restaurant once per week instead?

Speaking of really good restaurants, my wife and I went to An (in Cary) tonight. Haven't been there for a few years, but it was honestly one of the better meals I've ever had. The sea bass was unbelievable. Granted, it is pricey and I could have had Bojangles probable 6-8 times for the price of my meal, but I'd make that trade any time.

I'm assuming you were talking about me. But I meant for my high school lunch break, when we only had half an hour and I didn't have a car on campus to drive around. The options were to A) Pack a lunch B) Get Bojangles or C) Get Taco Bell

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC

Because then you'd have one good meal, but you'd have to cook the rest of the time. Duh.

We used to go to An every now and again, but we haven't been in years, mostly because it's too far. Honestly, about the only time we ever leave Durham at this point is to go to Canes games. In the last five years, Raleigh and Durham have started to take very distinct personalities. Not really "Raleigh/Durham" so much anymore.

--hank

Dec 30, 2013

I bolded why I would rather go to Bojangles multiple times per week. Plus, if I am going to eat fish I'd rather just catch it myself.

This of course coming from a semi-employed college student who always goes for quantity over quality when it comes to food. Besides, cheap food tastes great in my opinion. You just need to drink a lot of water with it

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Because then you'd have one good meal, but you'd have to cook the rest of the time. Duh.

--hank

But I like to cook. :D Probably just because that's how it was in my family when I grew up.

I bolded why I would rather go to Bojangles multiple times per week. Plus, if I am going to eat fish I'd rather just catch it myself.

This of course coming from a semi-employed college student who always goes for quantity over quality when it comes to food. Besides, cheap food tastes great in my opinion. You just need to drink a lot of water with it

Yeah, I understand that as I indulged in fast food myself in college. I only mentioned An because I happened to go there tonight (and I rarely eat out) and it was truly outstanding, but food doesn't have to be expensive to be good. But still, I'd rather have 1 night at a place like An and have to eat Ramen for 5 nights than go to Bojangles 6 nights, but that's just me. Each to their own.

When I was in college, we found a bakery that had outstanding made to order breakfast for not much more than you could get breakfast at a fast food place and we ate there regularly. And we found a family style Italian place where you could get a huge serving of excellent lasagna (or other dishes) for less than a combo meal at McDonalds, so as I mentioned, food doesn't need to be expensive to be good.

Don't get me wrong, fast food like Bojangles is tasty, but all in all, to me it is just meh quality, way too unhealthy, and not worth the money. For probably the same price, I'd much rather go to a really good deli or sandwich shop. Again, each to their own.

That said, one thing that fast food places are really good at is French Fries. The best fries are almost always at the fast food chains.

raynman

Jan 20, 2013
The ultimate question/decision in my life these days is steak biscuit or Cajun filet biscuit?

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
HCanes Bandwagon
Reading this thread makes me want to post that movie theater Michael Jackson gif ... too bad he's eating popcorn and not a chicken-and-rice bowl ...

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007
Ironically I went to Zaxby's this aft BUT at the suggestion of a buddy who doesn't have anything to do with these boards. Their chicken fingers are so damn good...

nobuddy

Oct 13, 2010
Nowhere
PDQ sucks

I have Crohn's Disease so my intestines suck almost as much as PDQ and I really shouldn't eat fast foot but I'm medicated so I still do sometimes.

#Yolo #Thuglife

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
I went to Apex High. I had Bojangles 3-4 times per week my junior year of high school, since I didn't get a parking spot that year and that was basically the only option besides Taco Bell.

Same here, probably went there twice a week before school since swimming practice was ridiculously early in the morning and I needed something to fuel up before classes started.

PDQ sucks

I have Crohn's Disease so my intestines suck almost as much as PDQ and I really shouldn't eat fast foot but I'm medicated so I still do sometimes.

#Yolo #Thuglife

Where the hell is a PDQ around here to begin with?

Finnish Jerk Train

lol stupid mickey mouse organization
Apr 7, 2008
Raleigh
If anyone ever goes to the Bojangles in Matthews on Indpendence Blvd there is sometimes an actual live chicken roaming the parking lot.

You would bring this up now that I no longer live in Charlotte.

Where the hell is a PDQ around here to begin with?

Falls of Neuse and Spring Forest, I think. It's a regular in my lunch rotation. #hatersgonnahate

But on the subject of chicken, nothing in Raleigh beats Mami Nora's. Nothing.

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
Falls of Neuse and Spring Forest, I think. It's a regular in my lunch rotation. #hatersgonnahate

But on the subject of chicken, nothing in Raleigh beats Mami Nora's. Nothing.

Yeah, that's where the PDQ is, I went there once, it was OK. I'll probably go again in the future.

And I'll cosign the Mami Nora's claim. Stuff is like crack.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Great Britain vs Finland
    Great Britain vs Finland
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $400.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Slovakia
    Kazakhstan vs Slovakia
    Event closes
    • Updated: