*loud cheering and applause in crowd*

the pp sucks

*standing ovation, womens underwear litters the stage*

the pp sucks

*elected president of world*

"I can fix Tampa's PP"

*executed for heresy

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
ohhh your right i forgot those hits had two in row against same guy was asking hows your sore spleen lol

but was such a shiot storm id forgotten

I want to see Cally on the 2nd line, he can play his two way style there and play with other skilled forwards while also shutting down. Does not need to be with Stamkos to produce. Since he has been in Tampa, he has not played the line where he played most of his career and is sorta his bread and butter line, when he was with the Rangers. Which was the 2nd line. TKO is not the same anymore, it's time to take their talents spread them on two lines, and have a strong Top 6. Our top 6 is better when Cally is in it on both ends, and tired of seeing him thrown to the 3rd line when the entire team goes into a slump. Also, it's not fair to pinpoint his production this season, since 5 out of 6 guys from last season's top 6 producers are all down and by a significant amount, with Kucherov being the exception of course and even he has cooled off as of late.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
How was Cally invisible last night? Tell that to the Toronto players likely waking up sore this morning from his hits. Also was winning board battles and had that great play in the 2nd period I believe? and was huge on the 5 on 3 kill. Our entire top 6 was MIA last night.

In fact I thought Cally was one of our better forwards last night and if he has a bad game will not say a word. This time I have to defend him.

Invisible in terms of being an offensive threat. Much like 9, 18, 86 and the rest of the bunch.

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Yup, pretty sad when a defenseman (Hedman) had and created the most chances.

Last season our offense was coming in constant waves, you had TKO doing their thing, and when they had an off night or two, you had guys like Cally and Stamkos scoring. Now with TKO being more sporadic in offense, and the top line getting red hot and then ice cold, it just is not enough consistency. Last year had the TKO line to carry the team because they had the most consistency, even if they were trying to find the right line-mate for Stamkos it was not a major issue because TKO was scoring a lot, but this year, it is two lines that are up and down and are either hot or ice cold. It's why Bishop has lost those games where he has only given up 2 goals or less.

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
And now a short list of things that have a better chance of being successful than the Lightnings power-play.

skateboard_trick_fail-320x287.gif

Kid-kicking-football-fail_e6d151_3623516.gif

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Not Found

The requested Power Play/PP/example was not found on this hockey club

Apache/2.4.7 (Ubuntu) Server at localhost Port 4567

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
It was probably too much to hope for Callahan to sustain the play from last month, he just doesn't have that "it" factor anymore.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Last season our offense was coming in constant waves, you had TKO doing their thing, and when they had an off night or two, you had guys like Cally and Stamkos scoring. Now with TKO being more sporadic in offense, and the top line getting red hot and then ice cold, it just is not enough consistency. Last year had the TKO line to carry the team because they had the most consistency, even if they were trying to find the right line-mate for Stamkos it was not a major issue because TKO was scoring a lot, but this year, it is two lines that are up and down and are either hot or ice cold. It's why Bishop has lost those games where he has only given up 2 goals or less.

u know got nothing but love for ya get the cally love

my problem hes usually just a step of half a step behind

palat yes does work with think him and palat got real great chemistry dont mind if they both play with stamkos palat and cally steal fight for pucks hit stamkos on net it can be lethal

but yes the issue i have on callahan he is not fast enough for tyjo to really work drej tyjo work cally just doesnt imho not as much as works with stamkos

i seriously love vladdy and kucherov think they always play the same way together that cally pally play it just works most of the time

i wish cally was just a step faster and would work better with tyjo more often than i feel he does

i also hate when see killer over cally on top lines but am not the coach

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
God this team has been boring to watch this year, pretty amazing how much entertainment one line provided last year compared to this.

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York

palat yes does work with think him and palat got real great chemistry dont mind if they both play with stamkos palat and cally steal fight for pucks hit stamkos on net it can be lethal

but yes the issue i have on callahan he is not fast enough for tyjo to really work drej tyjo work cally just doesnt imho not as much as works with stamkos

i seriously love vladdy and kucherov think they always play the same way together that cally pally play it just works most of the time

i wish cally was just a step faster and would work better with tyjo more often than i feel he does

Killorn skated with Johnson and that line was decent, Cally is a faster skater than Killorn. So it should be better. Plus with Pallahan together should hopefully be good.

God this team has been boring to watch this year, pretty amazing how much entertainment one line provided last year compared to this.

During that win streak, thought the team of last season was back, boy was I wrong.

It was probably too much to hope for Callahan to sustain the play from last month, he just doesn't have that "it" factor anymore.

In all fairness, this entire team has been up and down, and most of our top 6 forwards are down in production from last season by a significant amount, injuries or no injuries. The difference is, when Cally is not scoring he does everything else, like being a huge part of our PK resurgence, which was hot garbage to start the season. That 15 game hot streak he was playing above his contract, ahh good times, Hopefully he can get it again heading into the playoffs. Don't lose faith in him, he still has at least a couple more years of prime left, if given the opportunity, and not thrown to the 3rd line everytime the entire team goes into a slump.

the halleJOKEL

strong as brickwall
Jul 21, 2006
twitter.com

holy hell i could just read exclusively your posts for the rest of my life and die happy and fulfilled

had no idea what i was missing

you remind me of a dude on my beer league team named denys

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
holy hell i could just read exclusively your posts for the rest of my life and die happy and fulfilled

Why do you think I put you on a line with him in the first place? :laugh: People think all I do is chew gum. :shakehead

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Killorn skated with Johnson and that line was decent, Cally is a faster skater than Killorn. So it should be better. Plus with Pallahan together should hopefully be good.

During that win streak, thought the team of last season was back, boy was I wrong.

In all fairness, this entire team has been up and down, and most of our top 6 forwards are down in production from last season by a significant amount, injuries or no injuries. The difference is, when Cally is not scoring he does everything else, like being a huge part of our PK resurgence, which was hot garbage to start the season. That 15 game hot streak he was playing above his contract, ahh good times, Hopefully he can get it again heading into the playoffs. Don't lose faith in him, he still has at least a couple more years of prime left, if given the opportunity, and not thrown to the 3rd line everytime the entire team goes into a slump.

i like cally one of my favorite players he needs to focus on scoring over hits at times but he seems to have gotten that for now figure will forget again at times and yes killorn is slower to me also i hate killorn in top six think he is great third line guy mean great but not great day in and out top six guy hes good just good

cally can play great top six have seen it and get people who will say but the playoffs etc..that could be an abortion we dont know yet lol and a lot of his heroics if remember right came from lower matchups

i want cally with stamkos they seemed to be picking it up partly cause stamkos started playing like he was legit top five player in world but cally wasnt riding on his shadow he was just playing like he can

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
i like cally one of my favorite players he needs to focus on scoring over hits at times but he seems to have gotten that for now figure will forget again at times and yes killorn is slower to me also i hate killorn in top six think he is great third line guy mean great but not great day in and out top six guy hes good just good

cally can play great top six have seen it and get people who will say but the playoffs etc..that could be an abortion we dont know yet lol and a lot of his heroics if remember right came from lower matchups

i want cally with stamkos they seemed to be picking it up partly cause stamkos started playing like he was legit top five player in world but cally wasnt riding on his shadow he was just playing like he can

I am going to get bashed for this but think Stamkos is at his best when Cally is on his RW and that is on both ends of the ice.

When Stamkos does not play like with his head up his ass that duo works very well. But think they still need a playmaker on LW, I would be curious to see a line of 86 - 91 -24

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
Oh hey after last night our PP% is now tied with Edmonton. If they score a PP goal tonight we'll move down to 27th. Can we make it all the way to 30th ? Of course we can.

EDM scored 4 PP goals last night. We are securely in 27th place with 16.2%.

Up next: Calgary Flames in 28th with 15.9%.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com

just preparing everyone for the games which dont want to mention and how to deal with that type of thing haha

and yes im sorry for my writings but it is what it is

i try at times and than go just a little bit more crazy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad