Speculation: Official bad Lightning team is bad thread

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I think it has a lot more to do with Palat. It's his line that's sparking the team, as always. Having him healthy and playing his A-game has done wonders.

Palat is my favorite player on this team because of what he does with his energy and the way he sparks a line and the team. The guy is a lock to stay on this team for a long time, imo.

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
When you think things are bad ... they could always be worse. Saw this today and thought it was funny.

12507220_10201325353573093_4610329494054155713_n.jpg

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Really was up and down for that team. They started out so hot that everybody on their message board was talking about how this was their year. Now they are talking about Mathews. We have been up and down this year but not like that.

wxkid23

Oct 7, 2014
Kissimmee, FL
Really was up and down for that team. They started out so hot that everybody on their message board was talking about how this was their year. Now they are talking about Mathews. We have been up and down this year but not like that.

It all fell apart when Price went out. They will be a force again once he is back

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
So the Panthers lost against the Oilers tonight. Edmonton, that we'll face tomorrow. This is getting interesting.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Another blown 2 goal lead. This is what, about the 4th or 5th time already this year? We've gotten very lucky through the win streak but playing like this is going to get us killed

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Make no mistake I am thrilled about a 6 game win streak but each game we decided to sit back and get torn to shreds until some kind of miracle like the Stralman goal or the Boyle SHG tonight. Eventually the magic runs out. We've got to stop the ridiculous 20 minute rope-a-dope strategy to close out games because it doesn't work. Considering we are routinely scoring 3+ goals a game now it's completely pointless to sit back like that. I'll say it again. If we make the playoffs and do this we are going to get killed.

Last edited:

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
Make no mistake I am thrilled about a 6 game win streak but each game we decided to sit back and get torn to shreds until some kind of miracle like the Stralman goal or the Boyle SHG tonight. Eventually the magic runs out. We've got to stop the ridiculous 20 minute rope-a-dope strategy to close out games because it doesn't work. Considering we are routinely scoring 3+ goals a game now it's completely pointless to sit back like that. I'll say it again. If we make the playoffs and do this we are going to get killed.

I completely agree. And that's a coaching issue. Cooper needs to change his 3rd period strategy.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Squandered a 3 goal lead and needed a miracle to pull out the W. Yzerman I'm not gonna wait any longer. Fix this flaming heap of mess before something bad happens like missing the playoffs.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Well it's seems garrison is pretty important to the team as well! What's are total goals against with garrison out ?

Garrison has been a solid pick up for us on the back end. Rarely makes any mistakes and just plays his game wether he's paired with Corburn or Sustr. He doesn't get a lot of praise but you can see how much he helped out on the back end now that he's out. Garry, Stralman and Hedman are the 3 pieces that keep the D from collapsing. Think about a D led by Carle, Coburn (who is alright, not great but not too bad) and Sustr (who is also showing a lot of improvement but still needs a little work)

chasespace

Jul 19, 2010
Gator Nation
Forwards from here on out should be

Names-Stamkos-Kucherov
Palat-Johnson-Killorn
JAM-Filpulla-Brown
Callahan-Boyle-Paquette

Callahan, Filpulla, Palat, and Killorn can move up and down the lines as necessary in game.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Forwards from here on out should be

Names-Stamkos-Kucherov
Palat-Johnson-Killorn
JAM-Filpulla-Brown
Callahan-Boyle-Paquette

Callahan, Filpulla, Palat, and Killorn can move up and down the lines as necessary in game.

As much as I hate our the idea behind our first line, we can't break them up until they stop scoring. All three guys (yes, even Stamkos) have looked great.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
As much as I hate our the idea behind our first line, we can't break them up until they stop scoring. All three guys (yes, even Stamkos) have looked great.

Time to break 'em up for good brother. And keep them apart. Step 1 is getting Kucherov and Stamkos back in sync and all I can say is they could not been further apart.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
None of our lines clicked tonight, except maybe for the 4th line (Boyle, Brown, JAM). TKO and #24 were invisible, Stammer's line (Names, Killer) had some good looks.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
The KFC combo meal has GOT TO go. We can't keep leaning on guys are so incompatible with other players not named J.T Brown. Save Callahan (because he can be paired with Palat and is the best on PP/PK of the three) and trade the others out for players who aren't gonna go 3 weeks without a goal. Killorn is AWOL, Filppula hasn't scored since February 9th and Namestnikov IS NOT ready to play in the top 6. The kid gets hot for about 5 games and disappears for a dozen. Through all this, Stamkos has NOT been playing all that bad. Sure we want him to score every night but he's gotta have help to do it. No one's been helping him lately save for Palat and a few lucky goals from guys like Namestnikov.

Simply put on our offense: once Kucherov goes dry we stop winning. I hope to God we can salvage the Drouin relationship because we need all the help we can get. This team is gonna get KILLED in the playoffs unless we're riding a hot streak. We're at full health and playing like it's October and November. What's the excuse now?

the halleJOKEL

strong as brickwall
Jul 21, 2006
twitter.com
the pp sucks

*polite clapping in crowd*

the pp sucks

*loud cheering and applause in crowd*

the pp sucks

*standing ovation, womens underwear litters the stage*

the pp sucks

*elected president of world*

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
None of our lines clicked tonight, except maybe for the 4th line (Boyle, Brown, JAM). TKO and #24 were invisible, Stammer's line (Names, Killer) had some good looks.

How was Cally invisible last night? Tell that to the Toronto players likely waking up sore this morning from his hits. Also was winning board battles and had that great play in the 2nd period I believe? and was huge on the 5 on 3 kill. Our entire top 6 was MIA last night.

In fact I thought Cally was one of our better forwards last night and if he has a bad game will not say a word. This time I have to defend him.

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
Oh hey after last night our PP% is now tied with Edmonton. If they score a PP goal tonight we'll move down to 27th. Can we make it all the way to 30th ? Of course we can.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
How was Cally invisible last night? Tell that to the Toronto players likely waking up sore this morning from his hits. Also was winning board battles and had that great play in the 2nd period I believe? and was huge on the 5 on 3 kill. Our entire top 6 was MIA last night.

In fact I thought Cally was one of our better forwards last night and if he has a bad game will not say a word. This time I have to defend him.

ohhh your right i forgot those hits had two in row against same guy was asking hows your sore spleen lol

but was such a shiot storm id forgotten

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad