chasespace

Jul 19, 2010
Gator Nation
Meanwhile, in Tampa:

bilde

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
Does anyone else think that maybe Brenden Morrow got into everyone's head with that, "You might never make it back" stuff?

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Just when you seem things are going forward, we take steps back or have one of our worst games of the season. Not even TKO can save us this year from this hot mess.

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
Just when you seem things are going forward, we take steps back or have one of our worst games of the season. Not even TKO can save us this year from this hot mess.

The idea of TKO as some magical combination is a joke. They had a good run but it's over with.

You have 4x top notch offensive talents (Johnson, Palat, Stamkos, Kuch) that should be able to work with each other and be supplemented by good role players like Killorn and Callahan.

Instead you have a system where NOBODY can get anything going. NOTHING.

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
This team is so painful to watch, At least if we were losing in back and forth open games it would be one thing, but watching them lose in such a boring fashion makes it even more excruciating.

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
The idea of TKO as some magical combination is a joke. They had a good run but it's over with.

You have 4x top notch offensive talents (Johnson, Palat, Stamkos, Kuch) that should be able to work with each other and be supplemented by good role players like Killorn and Callahan.

Instead you have a system where NOBODY can get anything going. NOTHING.

If this team is going to succeed moving forward TKO has to be broken up, it's not a question anymore, they cannot be the only scoring line but have also struggled this season even when healthy.

Somewhere up in Syracuse there is a Jonathan Drouin rubbing his hands together with an evil smirk saying "excellent"

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
If this team is going to succeed moving forward TKO has to be broken up, it's not a question anymore, they cannot be the only scoring line but have also struggled this season even when healthy.

Somewhere up in Syracuse there is a Jonathan Drouin rubbing his hands together with an evil smirk saying "excellent"

I think it's already too late for that. Drouin wants off this team. He's a prideful guy and I really wouldn't want to stay in Tampa either if I were him.

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I think it's already too late for that. Drouin wants off this team. He's a prideful guy and I really wouldn't want to stay in Tampa either if I were him.

Yeah I agree I think the Drouin ship has sailed, and Stamkos is at the port waiting to take off as well. Not a good time for this team .

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
Stamkos can not facilitate plays on his own (obviously!!), but there aren't many people ALIVE that can finish them like he can. He has half a decade of proof including post injury, crap ass play last year where he still finished 2nd in goals.

The point is, I agree with D2B thay TKO needs to be split up. You can't have your top goal scorer NOT play with the 3 most talents forwards on your team...sounds ludicrous.

Should have never broke up the Names / Stammer / Kuch line. It might not have been lighting the world on fire but it WAS working.

Names / Stammer / Kuch
Palat / Johnson / xxxxxx

There's your two scoring lines. Idiot.

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Stamkos can not facilitate plays on his own (obviously!!), but there aren't many people ALIVE that can finish them like he can. He has half a decade of proof including post injury, crap ass play last year where he still finished 2nd in goals.

The point is, I agree with D2B thay TKO needs to be split up. You can't have your top goal scorer NOT play with the 3 most talents forwards on your team...sounds ludicrous.

Should have never broke up the Names / Stammer / Kuch line. It might not have been lighting the world on fire but it WAS working.

Names / Stammer / Kuch
Palat / Johnson / xxxxxx

There's your two scoring lines. Idiot.

Would go with...

Vladdy - Stamkos - Kucherov
Palat - Johnson - Callahan
Killorn - Flip - JAM
Paquette - Boyle - Brown/Condra

Killorn and Flip, and Stamkos have the worst numbers on the team 5 on 5, why they are all on the top line getting the most mins is beyond me.

Victhor Ollesson

Dec 30, 2014
Florida
I feel like Cooper really overthinks constructing lines, and ends up outsmarting himself. He has duos with good chemistry that he can build around, like Palat-Johnson-XXX, and XXX-Filppula-Callahan. Also, I agree with Peter on the line mentioned above. When healthy, would like to see something like:

Stamkos-Namestnikov-Kucherov
Palat-Johnson-Brown/JAM
Killorn-Filppula-Callahan
Paquette-Boyle-Brown/JAM

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Like I said last week

Filppula - Namestinikov - Kucherov
Killorn - Stamkos - Brown
Paquette - Boyle - Marchessault
Condra

If teams try to stop the Johnson line then either Kucherov or Stamkos' line will get better match ups to exploit. If they try to stop Stamkos then Johnson and Kucherov, it makes the most sense to split things up and keep pairs that work well together.

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Like I said last week

Filppula - Namestinikov - Kucherov
Killorn - Stamkos - Brown
Paquette - Boyle - Marchessault
Condra

If teams try to stop the Johnson line then either Kucherov or Stamkos' line will get better match ups to exploit. If they try to stop Stamkos then Johnson and Kucherov, it makes the most sense to split things up and keep pairs that work well together.

The idea sounds good, but you know they are not going to relate to a line with Stamkos on it as the 3rd line, because he is Steven Stamkos. Coop could lower the mins of that line and give them 3rd line mins, instead of giving that line the most mins, and keep getting pinned in their own zone. If Bishop was not having a good game last night, we would of easily lost like 7 something.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
If Drouin had been properly groomed, it wouldn't be necessary to break up TKO, because we'd have a playmaker to play with Stamkos. Unfortunately, we're going to wind up with the worst of both worlds, because Stamkos is going to play out the year with grinders, playing like junk.

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
If Drouin had been properly groomed, it wouldn't be necessary to break up TKO, because we'd have a playmaker to play with Stamkos. Unfortunately, we're going to wind up with the worst of both worlds, because Stamkos is going to play out the year with grinders, playing like junk.

That top line in the first 10 games of the season looked very good, they had potential but Coop kept ****ing it up, demoting Drouin, and then the Drouin injury set it back. I am tired of figuring out who is going to be with Stamkos game after game.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I love the 4 game win streak but seriously... STOP BLOWING LEADS!! STOP SITTING BACK!

#CoopTactics

We sat back A LOT last year. The GDT threads were full of gloom and doom because of the way we played 3rd periods. Most of the time we had a lead.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
We won more games than we deserved by blowing leads in the 2nd and 3rd only to come back in the final 5 minutes with some ridiculous performances mostly by TKO last season. #tactics

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
#CoopTactics

We sat back A LOT last year. The GDT threads were full of gloom and doom because of the way we played 3rd periods. Most of the time we had a lead.

Oh I remember it well but it was NEVER like this. The other teams would fight back as we expect them to but we managed to deal with it. We were far and away the best 3rd period team in the NHL last year. If we were up it was good as over for the other team. We still played hungry. But we get a lead now and it's like watching game 1 of the SCF all over again.

The jig is up and the NHL has us figured out. If we make the playoffs we are gonna get killed.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Oh I remember it well but it was NEVER like this. The other teams would fight back as we expect them to but we managed to deal with it. We were far and away the best 3rd period team in the NHL last year. If we were up it was good as over for the other team. We still played hungry. But we get a lead now and it's like watching game 1 of the SCF all over again.

The jig is up and the NHL has us figured out. If we make the playoffs we are gonna get killed.

u know nothink

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB

We didn't play hungry. We capitalized, yes, if given an opportunity, but we played a complete shutdown game and didn't try to force anything. Pretty much the same thing we do now, except we were better at it last year. And we were a LOT better at capitalizing when given an opportunity. But it wasn't like we were driving the play. We basically would go into a shell, and our board would have a meltdown about how we're "sitting back" or "getting lazy."

People see last year through rose colored glasses because the result was so good. The process was often pretty messy though. The process for any winning team is often messy, full of peaks and valleys, etc. A lot of people remember Victor Hedman being a beast last year, for instance. He was--in the playoffs, and in his first 7(?) games, before the injury. Hedman did not have a good regular season. He's been far, far better this year.

But the biggest difference between this year and last is TKO. (I'm optimistic though, that now that we have two actual, real, legit scoring lines, we can get this train back on track. ...Now we just have to find a suitable replacement for Killer on the 2nd line.)

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Is it coincidence that they started playing better and winning when Drouin got sent down? Makes you wonder. Palat coming back also is a big factor, imo but even with him healthy earlier in the season we were still struggling.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Is it coincidence that they started playing better and winning when Drouin got sent down? Makes you wonder. Palat coming back also is a big factor, imo but even with him healthy earlier in the season we were still struggling.

I think it has a lot more to do with Palat. It's his line that's sparking the team, as always. Having him healthy and playing his A-game has done wonders.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Yeah I remember last season everyone complaining that no way would we go anywhere in the playoffs with how we'd sit back every game and never play a full 60 minutes even though it worked. It's been an ongoing struggle with these guys.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad