OT: Official Arizona Visitors Inquiry Thread (links on start page)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
I will be in Camelback a lot.

We do have Ruth Chris's in CA. I don't know about you guys, but I am not impressed with that place. I can make a better steak at home.

Ruth's are like McDonald's for adults.

I can recommend you Steak places based on your price range. I've been to places from 5 star to places that serve steak with the jockey whip marks still on the steaks.

If you need other places to go in the area let me know, I do this kind of stuff for a living.

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
I plan to eat 90-95% of my meals at Grimaldi's.

There's over 600 restaurants in Scottsdale alone and you want to just eat at one place?!?!?

Any where else that I should eat for a once in a lifetime meal?

Cowboy Caio in Old Town, Oregano's, fnb, Kazmierz, The Mission (Habanero infused margaritas....the best margaritas in all of Arizona), Don and Charlie's, Tottie's Asian Fusion (the Pho is the BOMB), Maria Maria in Tempe (Carlos Santana's restaurant),Havana Cafe, Postino (Arcadia location)....I've got more if you want it.

If you dig burrito stands, Los Beto's in Scottsdale is the closest to Southern California Taco/Burriots you're gonna find in this state.

Captain Mittens*

Thank you everybody! Keep them coming!

There's over 600 restaurants in Scottsdale alone and you want to just eat at one place?!?!?
Pizza is far and away my favorite food. Grimaldi's is the best pizza I have ever had and they don't have locations in CA.
I will eat at other places but I am just being honest up front.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ

Pizza is far and away my favorite food. Grimaldi's is the best pizza I have ever had and they don't have locations in CA.
Perhaps you should attempt to get in at Pizzeria Bianco then!

Captain Mittens*

Tell me more!

Someone was telling me there was a great pizza place He saw on the food network that is supposed to be one of the best in the country.
Could it be Pizzeria Bianco?

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
Tell me more!

Someone was telling me there was a great pizza place He saw on the food network that is supposed to be one of the best in the country.
Could it be Pizzeria Bianco?
Yes, that is the place. It's been named best pizza in America by more than a few sources.

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
Yes, that is the place. It's been named best pizza in America by more than a few sources.

If you want Pizza the places to go (in order of greatness) are:

1) Pizzeria Bianco
2) Oregano's (Great Za and amazing Salads...recommend the Picasso salad!)
3) NYPD Pizza (authentic NY Pizza)

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
If you want Pizza the places to go (in order of greatness) are:

1) Pizzeria Bianco
2) Oregano's (Great Za and amazing Salads...recommend the Picasso salad!)
3) NYPD Pizza (authentic NY Pizza)
Those other two places are certainly good but putting them in the same grouping with Bianco is a crime I'm pretty sure. :p:

It should be like this...

1) Pizzeria Bianco
2) Everyone else

Captain Mittens*

This has me worried a little. I saw on their site that it's reservations for parties of 6 or more.
Should I plan on getting there 5 or 10 minutes before they open and hope?

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Should I plan on getting there 5 or 10 minutes before they open and hope?

And hope what? You get seated? You probably won't. However, waiting for Bianco is half the fun. Do it at least once. Wait shouldn't be too absurd if you get there at open.

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
In all fairness to this #1 place for pizza in the country its not an original Arizona style of pizza rather selling NY style slices of pizza here.
Not saying there's anything wrong with that but some people may think that this place has Arizona style pizza and such a dish doesn't exist, unless you consider Mexican Pizza at Taco Bell Arizona style. :sarcasm:

Anyways we have Yardhouse as well if you like them.
Posted via Mobile Device

zz

Nov 1, 2006
And hope what? You get seated? You probably won't. However, waiting for Bianco is half the fun. Do it at least once. Wait shouldn't be too absurd if you get there at open.

The first hour is fun. The next 90 minutes, with everyone half drunk on wine, starving & grumpy - not so much. Bianco's pizzas are good, but I don't get all the hype... pizza's pizza.

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
The first hour is fun. The next 90 minutes, with everyone half drunk on wine, starving & grumpy - not so much. Bianco's pizzas are good, but I don't get all the hype... pizza's pizza.

Ever see that commercial for Castrol Oil and that "dipstick" ?
If not here it is

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3pcqVQe-4z0&hl=en&gl=CA&client=mv-google

I say that because I know if you said pizza's pizza to a strong Italian family pizza shop they would have the urge to whip you with some dry pizza dough.
Such places would see it as insulting that one would suggest a place like Pizza Bianco is in the same league as Domino's or Cici's pizza.
Posted via Mobile Device

zz

Nov 1, 2006
I say that because I know if you said pizza's pizza to a strong Italian family pizza shop they would have the urge to whip you with some dry pizza dough.
Such places would see it as insulting that one would suggest a place like Pizza Bianco is in the same league as Domino's or Cici's pizza.
Posted via Mobile Device

I'm not saying it's all the same, and Pizzeria Bianco's pizza was one of the best I've had, but there's a ceiling. Ultimately it's just wood-oven cooked bread with some stuff on it. Not exactly culinary excellence.

To each his own.

Charlie Milles*

I have to move to Phoenix for a couple years in the fall. But I'm a neurotic arachnophic. How often would you see tarantulas or 'big spiders' in the city?

zz

Nov 1, 2006
I have to move to Phoenix for a couple years in the fall. But I'm a neurotic arachnophic. How often would you see tarantulas or 'big spiders' in the city?

A friend of mine saw one sitting on his couch, 10 inches from his face. He was pretty freaked out! That house was in the middle of nowhere though.

I've never seen one outside the Phoenix zoo ;). I don't think they're common in urban areas. Same with rattlers. If you stay within the Phoenix metro area and don't get a house close to the mountains, you'll be fine.

The only scary spider I've seen in 10 years was a black widow in Antelope Canyon. That's it.

Scorpions, on the other hand, are very common.

Charlie Milles*

Tarantulas are almost non-existant, Scorpions are pretty common, Big spiders are too, unless you don't really look in the dark unkempt corners of sheds.

A friend of mine saw one sitting on his couch, 10 inches from his face. He was pretty freaked out! That house was in the middle of nowhere though.

I've never seen one outside the Phoenix zoo ;). I don't think they're common in urban areas. Same with rattlers. If you stay within the Phoenix metro area and don't get a house close to the mountains, you'll be fine.

The only scary spider I've seen in 10 years was a black widow in Antelope Canyon. That's it.

Scorpions, on the other hand, are very common.
Well that's not too bad then, I feel better about it. Haha.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
I've got a couple black widows living in front of the garage, don't mind them actually as long as they keep to their space--they keep the crickets from getting into the house and waking me up in the middle of the night :). One of the notable things about black widows, unlike some other spiders and insects, is they don't seem much interested about getting into the house. Prefer the outdoors and high insect traffic lanes.

Scorpions really vary depending on your location. Some parts of the valley they're quite common, others pretty rare. I've only seen three of them in my house the past ten years, all of them the smaller bark scorpions. While I've had some friends who've been infested by them.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
The brown wolf spiders are also very common in garages. I've killed my fair share with a shovel. And you DO need a shovel for some of those things. I'd rather have a cat then a black widow for cricket control, thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad