OT: Official Arizona Visitors Inquiry Thread (links on start page)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Mittens*

I was looking in to going to a Yotes game and remembered the time zone difference.

Help me with this question. I know your guys are in MST but don't switch the clocks on daylight savings.
So are you on Mountain right now? Was the trade deadline at 1pm in Phoenix?
If I remember right you guys are Mountain time zone in the winter and "Pacific time" in the summer right? Or did I get it backwards again?

How easy as tickets to get last minute if I decided to see the Canucks/Yotes on the 10th?

Captain Mittens*

I would buy them ASAP because generally speaking the Canadian teams sellout or approach a sellout.
Ok part 2
What time was it in Arizona when you posted? 2:28 or 3:28?

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
Thanks mouser and thanks to everyone else for their help :handclap:

You're welcome! I've gotten a lot of great feedback about this thread I made(almost all of them via PM's).

If you come to a game vs Vancouver YardHouse is a few feet from Jobing.com Arena we you can have some of that (mac & cheese)2 as well.e
Posted via Mobile Device

Captain Mittens*

You're welcome! I've gotten a lot of great feedback about this thread I made(almost all of them via PM's).

If you come to a game vs Vancouver YardHouse is a few feet from Jobing.com Arena we you can have some of that (mac & cheese)2 as well.e
Posted via Mobile Device

I might consider that as a last resort. I had 3 yardhouses by my house and would like to try some food I can't get here.

I also plan on hitting Bevmo hard because you guys can inexplicably get a ton of beers we can't get in the next state over.

Captain Mittens*

Ok so regarding Pizzeria Bianco

Should I plan on camping out at like 4:45? 4:30?

Any why don't they have pepperoni?

I am eyeballing the WISEGUY pizza - Wood Roasted Onion, House Smoked Mozzarella, Fennel Sausage

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
Ok so regarding Pizzeria Bianco

Should I plan on camping out at like 4:45? 4:30?

Any why don't they have pepperoni?

I am eyeballing the WISEGUY pizza - Wood Roasted Onion, House Smoked Mozzarella, Fennel Sausage
Yes, you should...there is a wine bar next door where you can get some libations while you wait around.

btw...the Wiseguy is great!

Captain Mittens*

Welcome! Still looking to go to the Vancouver game? If so the tickets are almost gone if you haven't grabbed any yet.
Plus there's standing room only tickets at the day of the game.
Posted via Mobile Device

I got a ticket offer from a poster here and it turns out we had to pick someone up at the airport that night at 8:30. The cell phone lot freaking rules BTW

I really enjoyed Phoenix. Grimaldi's was about 90% of what it was in NY (I'll take it!) The line was 4 hours long at Pizzeria Bianco before it even opened and my friends pussed out. I'll have to go back. I will have that pizza.

Thanks again for all the help guys.

p.s. I went to Swensen's.

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
I got a ticket offer from a poster here and it turns out we had to pick someone up at the airport that night at 8:30. The cell phone lot freaking rules BTW

I really enjoyed Phoenix. Grimaldi's was about 90% of what it was in NY (I'll take it!) The line was 4 hours long at Pizzeria Bianco before it even opened and my friends pussed out. I'll have to go back. I will have that pizza.

Thanks again for all the help guys.

p.s. I went to Swensen's.

Not a problem! How many games did you see?

Also I forgot to mention to you one of the best places in the country for breakfast.

Matt's Big Breakfast

Here's the YouTube of it.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DmpYky67JSRE&v=mpYky67JSRE&gl=CA
Posted via Mobile Device

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
I wonder how that place compares to Roscoe's House of Chicken and Waffles in Hollywood, CA which I found to be absolutely amazing!!! Horrible for you but damn tasty!

Not sure but I hear everything is made from scratch at Matt's

Certainly both places got to be better than WaffleHouse.
Posted via Mobile Device

zz

Nov 1, 2006

Also I forgot to mention to you one of the best places in the country for breakfast.

Matt's Big Breakfast

http://m.youtube.com/watch?desktop_uri=/watch?v=mpYky67JSRE&v=mpYky67JSRE&gl=CA
Posted via Mobile Device

I've been there, had a really good breakfast. But this is NOT a comfortable place for having a friendly gathering of 8 people. The place is tiny, tiny, tiny. I couldn't wait to get out, felt claustrophobic in that little shack.

Coming from a different country, I found this really interesting:

http://www.loloschickenandwaffles.com/

I had never heard of chicken and waffles before, that was quite a trip. Good stuff though.

Last edited:

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
I've been there, had a really good breakfast. But this NOT a comfortable place for having a friendly gathering of 8 people. The place is tiny, tiny, tiny. I couldn't wait to get out, felt claustrophobic in that little shack.

I had never heard of chicken and waffles before, that was quite a trip. Good stuff though.

My heart was skipped a beat when I saw that deadly dish, yummy!

Might as well as for the cholesterol in a glass instead! :laugh:
Posted via Mobile Device

PhoPhan

Feb 27, 2002
Can someone explain the chicken and waffles thing to me? I love both, but I don't understand the combination, and I've always felt like I was missing something.

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
Can someone explain the chicken and waffles thing to me? I love both, but I don't understand the combination, and I've always felt like I was missing something.

You're guess is as good as mine! I've seen so many food and drink combinations that don't make sense but still exist anyway.
Steak and Eggs
Cantaloupe and salt
Poutine - fries gravy and cheese curds
Garlic Ice Cream from Gilroy Garlic Festival
Hot dogs wrapped in bacon and topped with mayonnaise
Energy drinks and alcohol
Diet soda and alcohol
Diet pepsi max diet pepsi with ginseng and caffeine content of Mountain Dew.

TeamTourigny

Formally TeamTurris & TeamTippet & TeamTocchet
Jan 16, 2007
Vegas
Ok for those out of towner there is a great new restaurant in central Phoenix, that is all the critical rave. I have been their 4 times in the past 3 months and can't stay away. It's on Camelback and 2nd Street. St Frances is the name. AMAZING!!! Lunch and Dinner and to die for. Now it's not the cheapest but also not uber expensive. A date for 2 maybe $50 (no drinks) I can't say enough good things about Chef Aaron Chamberlain and his new digs. I had cauliflower sup their for lunch last week, now before you go ewww, it was possibly the best bowl of soup I have ever had.
http://www.stfrancisaz.com/

Other new Restaurants I would recommend:

Parlor on Cameblback and about 20th Street (Across from the Best Buy) a new woof fire Pizza place, not as good as Bianco, but a close second with CiBo.
http://www.yelp.com/biz/the-parlor-phoenix

Sens does Asian Tapas (The former proprietor of Fate) great Sake bar as well, (Downtown)
http://sensake.com/

nine05 (former Fate space)
Some really interesting takes on classic eastern Asian dishes.
http://www.nine-05.com/
EDIT: Nino05 just closed.

Last edited:

Captain Mittens*

Matt's Big Breakfast

http://m.youtube.com/watch?desktop_uri=/watch?v=mpYky67JSRE&v=mpYky67JSRE&gl=CA
Posted via Mobile Device

We went to 3 games. Our hotel had free breakfast so I might have had trouble pulling off an outside breakfast. Although on my way out of town, I did eat breakfast here

http://www.billjohnsons.com/

DAMN good biscuits and gravy.

TeamTourigny

Formally TeamTurris & TeamTippet & TeamTocchet
Jan 16, 2007
Vegas
I've been there, had a really good breakfast. But this is NOT a comfortable place for having a friendly gathering of 8 people. The place is tiny, tiny, tiny. I couldn't wait to get out, felt claustrophobic in that little shack.

BTW I'm working on an expansion to Lolo's right now.

letsgopens58

Oct 29, 2009
Phoenix, Arizona
Yotes Fans--HELP

Hello coyote fans,

I'm moving to Phx next month from my cozy home in the Northeast to try and go back to school. I just wanted to get a feel for the hockey atmosphere out there and if the current success of the local team is creating any buzz. I'm obviously a Pens fan 1st, Bruins fan 2nd but I'm looking forward to adopting the Coyotes as my west coast team. If anyone has any insight or tips about going to games, tickets, or anything else hockey related in the area I would greatly appreciate it!

jmichael7753*

Jan 24, 2009
Hello coyote fans,

I'm moving to Phx next month from my cozy home in the Northeast to try and go back to school. I just wanted to get a feel for the hockey atmosphere out there and if the current success of the local team is creating any buzz. I'm obviously a Pens fan 1st, Bruins fan 2nd but I'm looking forward to adopting the Coyotes as my west coast team. If anyone has any insight or tips about going to games, tickets, or anything else hockey related in the area I would greatly appreciate it!

Jobing.com Arena is a great place to watch a game. Every seat in the arena is a great seat and view for the most part. If your a student they do military and student discount games which i believe is every monday through thursday game someone correct me if im wrong there. If you play hockey or are looking to start there are a few rinks around town. There are polar ice's in peoria, gilbert, and chandler, Oceanside Arena in Tempe, the Ice Den in Scotsdale.

HockeyAndTheSox

Let's Go Pens&Yotes!
Sep 19, 2008
AZ & PA
Hello coyote fans,

Its not widespread throughout the city, but you can definitely feel a buzz from the current season. People are starting to talk about the team again.

Tickets- Your best bet is to check with the Coyotes directly (No ticketmaster fees) or to check Craigslist and then Stubhub. I've found great deals using all 3. Definitely would recommend getting to the arena early if you plan on using the Student Rush.

If the Pens end up coming to AZ next season there will be a good amount of us at the arena. There was a good turnout for the game last year when the Yotes won 4-1 i believe was the final.

Pm me if you have any other questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad