OT: Official Arizona Visitors Inquiry Thread (links on start page)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
Anyone know of any good sports bars / dive bars that show playoff games? Recent transplant, currently living in east Mesa, near the 60 and power road if that helps. Or would a buffalo wild wings show them?

I don't know the area but sports chains like that often will show games if you ask. To be sure I'd double check that there isn't some crazy popular event on at the same time.

doaner

Aug 21, 2008
SURPRISE!
Anyone know of any good sports bars / dive bars that show playoff games? Recent transplant, currently living in east Mesa, near the 60 and power road if that helps. Or would a buffalo wild wings show them?

B dubs does. I was at the Flag one last night. They had Min Chi and LA EDM on last night. Can never go wrong with b dubs!

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City

When I lived in Gilbert I'd go to RT O'Sullivans at the 60/Stapley, but I see they've opened one right near you. http://rtosullivans.com/main-springs.htm

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
Where to watch hockey in Scottsdale? (out-of-towner)

Hello all!

Where to watch hockey in Scottsdale?

I am hoping to get a few of the playoff games in this week. I am staying near Camelback mountain. I am hoping to take my son as well. So a place that is a restaurant/bar would be perfect.

I was hoping to get to the last Coyotes game but our flight came in too late. :(

Thanks a million and good luck in the McDavid draw!

PerpetualTankYear

Doan 3:16
Mar 27, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Hello all!

Where to watch hockey in Scottsdale?

I am hoping to get a few of the playoff games in this week. I am staying near Camelback mountain. I am hoping to take my son as well. So a place that is a restaurant/bar would be perfect.

I was hoping to get to the last Coyotes game but our flight came in too late. :(

Thanks a million and good luck in the McDavid draw!

Try 18 degrees. It's inside one of the nicest rinks you'll ever come across, the Ice Den in Scottsdale.

http://www.18-degrees.com/

PerpetualTankYear

Doan 3:16
Mar 27, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
They have TVs everywhere, and the sound will be on for the games. It's a hockey bar/restaurant. All the pictures on the wall are hockey, there's sticks on the ceiling, and so forth. It will be a great place to catch a few games ;)

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
Are you north of Camelback mountain or south of it? If you're North of it, a quick jaunt up Tatum will get you to Tilted Kilt at Tatum and Cactus which has a ton of TV's in every room and on the patios as well. And depending on the age of your son, he may REALLY like it there. haha

If you're South then a good a couple of good options are Zipps or Hazelwoods which are across the street from each other just East of 36th St and Indian School Rd.

If you're willing to make a drive, I agree with others in that you should check out 18 degrees.

I would recommend Goldies. Local and serves delicious food. The Monaco focaccia is legendary. Loads of large screens for viewing.

http://goldiessportscafe.net/index.html

http://www.yelp.com/biz/goldies-neighborhood-sports-cafe-scottsdale-2
He might as well go to 18 degree at that point. Not hating on Goldies, it's fine for a neighborhood joint but it's not the kind of sports bar you travel to!

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
Thanks everyone, it is greatly appreciated!

I am south of the mountain, but I may end up driving to 18 Degrees.

We have a Tilted Kilt in Toronto, that is where I live right now... great drinking spot, especially the view. ;)

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Does anyone have any recommendations on a nice, fairly affordable (less than $120 or so) hotel in Glendale near the arena? Me and a buddy are thinking of following the Preds to Denver and Arizona on January 8th and 9th. Got a friend to stay with in Denver. Phoenix....not so much. I know there's a lot to do outside of your building from what I see/hear, but I haven't been to Phoenix in probably 7 or 8 years so I wouldn't really know where to stay. I really hope this works out for us (I live in Nashville, he lives in Seattle, so there are logistical complications) because I love the Phoenix area and I've actually always wanted to see a game there and check out that whole arena district area you've got.

Any recommendations would be helpful. Thanks everyone.

Fathead

Jan 9, 2010
Scottsdale AZ
Does anyone have any recommendations on a nice, fairly affordable (less than $120 or so) hotel in Glendale near the arena? Me and a buddy are thinking of following the Preds to Denver and Arizona on January 8th and 9th. Got a friend to stay with in Denver. Phoenix....not so much. I know there's a lot to do outside of your building from what I see/hear, but I haven't been to Phoenix in probably 7 or 8 years so I wouldn't really know where to stay. I really hope this works out for us (I live in Nashville, he lives in Seattle, so there are logistical complications) because I love the Phoenix area and I've actually always wanted to see a game there and check out that whole arena district area you've got.

You have 2 options at westgate the Hampton inn & suites or the Renaissance. Then you have like 4 options just north of westgate. Look around on some travel sites you'll get a good idea of your options.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH

You have 2 options at westgate the Hampton inn & suites or the Renaissance. Then you have like 4 options just north of westgate. Look around on some travel sites you'll get a good idea of your options.

Try this link.

http://www.hotels.com/search.do?resolved-location=CITY%3A1495038%3AUNKNOWN%3AUNKNOWN&f-distance=10.0&f-lid=1634335&destination-id=1495038&q-destination=Glendale,%20Arizona,%20United%20States%20of%20America&q-rooms=1&q-room-0-adults=2&q-room-0-children=0&sort-order=DISTANCE_FROM_LANDMARK

It lists what's near GRA.

Prices are based on one room with 2 adults, but may vary depending upon the dates you enter.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
oh yeah I definitely saw that one, kinda near the in n out :D
I live close by......not a great BW's but they still show hockey. O'Sullivan's has about 50 TV's and are very good about putting on whatever games (even out of market NHL games) you request. Not much else around.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Greetings all Panther fan coming in peace.

I was thinking of making the drive in March to see the game against you guys.

Is there anything I should expect. Are you guys like the Kings fans (they are rude lol) or a little more peaceful?

And How are the seats behind the Panther bench vs off to the side where the Panthers shoot twice?

And lastly, I had to bribe my wife to go with me. The price, to take her shopping. Are there nice stores around?

Thanks everyone!

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
Greetings all Panther fan coming in peace.

I was thinking of making the drive in March to see the game against you guys.

Is there anything I should expect. Are you guys like the Kings fans (they are rude lol) or a little more peaceful?

And How are the seats behind the Panther bench vs off to the side where the Panthers shoot twice?

And lastly, I had to bribe my wife to go with me. The price, to take her shopping. Are there nice stores around?

Thanks everyone!

There's always a few bad apples but we're a pretty friendly bunch as long you're not a jerk. The reception opposing fans get at staples center I've heard is pretty awful, I doubt it'll even compare here. We're used to having a lot of other fans in our arena, I honestly doubt anyone says anything remotely negative to you.

Every seat in the arena is great, it's designed very well. I've sat all over the arena, and never ever had a bad view, including the highest the seating gets.

There's an outlet shopping center in the same area as the arena called the tanger outlets so you're covered there, a ton of restaurants too.

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
Mantis hit it on the head. I don't know about the glass seats, I would never want to sit behind the benches with the coaches in front of you. Keep in mind they changed glasses a few years back. I used to sit in 103 a lot, and would be able to see down the rink clearly, but now it's not as clear sitting off center on the glass. I suggest a seat higher up above the glass. But if glass is your preference, it's always a good seat.

Keep in mind 103 is just basically on the goal line, so you can see just fine when someone is attacking, but looking down the ice at the other end in the corner on the same side you are sitting can be a little difficult. I'm sure if you are on the straight sides not caddy cornered you will be fine.

Tanger are outlet malls that have lots of good shops, and the arena has lots of restaurants right in front. Literally 50 paces from a restaurant to the arena entrance. The area is built perfectly for people to come enjoy the area before the game.

James Lahey

Jun 24, 2015
Winnipeg
Does anyone know what time the visitors pregame skates are? I went to pick up tickets and saw a few leafs players leaving the arena but don't remember what time it was. Thanks!

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
Hi guys, so a bunch of us (15) are coming in may (19-23) for my brothers bachelor party. For some reason hes really into golfing so are there any suggestions of good courses that aren't overly priced.

As well since thats the weeked before memorial day for you guys any suggestions on clubs or bars to hit up?

and finally is there something thats a really memorable to do thats cool there?

jacobhockey13

used to watch hockey, then joined HF Boards
Apr 17, 2014
on the bench
Does anyone know what time the visitors pregame skates are? I went to pick up tickets and saw a few leafs players leaving the arena but don't remember what time it was. Thanks!

Pre-game skates aren't open to the general public. If you're just trying to see/meet some of the players, the my best advice would be to hang out around the Renaissance hotel. Most teams stay there. It's literally a two minute walk from the arena. There's also a parking lot to the side of the are where the visiting team gets on the bus but you wouldn't have much of a view because the players are too far below you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad