OFFICIAL: Alex Meruelo Becomes Coyotes Majority Owner - Press Conference Thurs. 8/1, 1pm, @GRA

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
I have a co worker who used to date Alex’s accountant. They got in touch this morning.

The accountant is moving to AZ. Per this accountant, they are doing their very best to move the team to Tempe/Scottsdale. No insight on this besides that’s where they want to move it.

Alex and his team are very excited about owning this team. They want to do so many things and have started getting the ball rolling on a few projects.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
I have a co worker who used to date Alex’s accountant. They got in touch this morning.

The accountant is moving to AZ. Per this accountant, they are doing their very best to move the team to Tempe/Scottsdale. No insight on this besides that’s where they want to move it.

Alex and his team are very excited about owning this team. They want to do so many things and have started getting the ball rolling on a few projects.

My impression of accountants since seeing this movie:

ben-affleck-in-the-accountant_new.jpg

Reactions: BUX7PHX

Neighborhood Coyote

Sep 14, 2017
I'll hop in on this avatar thing too I think haha. Sorry if I used a Bettman that was already being used!

Last edited:

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
IIRC Gary got a good reception at the Doan jersey retirement. There were some boos mixed in from the visiting Winnipeg fans.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Uncle Gary is a classic heel. Brings the heat with ease. Traditional market enthusiasts are in meltdown. It's been a great few days.
Ive been saying for years that the NHL isn't leaving the 5th largest metro market that is also growing quickly. They were playing the long game, and sure enough a solid owner has shown up. This franchise like many of the major sports franchises will increase in value, likely worth 1 billion or more in the next 3 years. There are only so many, and that scarcity creates value. It also seems like we are close to turning the corner as a team on the ice, instead of being a bottom 10 team, we might be a middle 10 team this year, maybe next year top 10 and many years after. It should be exciting times!

Last note: Just like the ownership situation, the new arena situation will get sorted out as well.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
New Avatar.
If he's tired of hearing "BOOOOO" he could fix the playoffs so he gets cheers when he gives us the cup in June.
I would be happy winning the lottery, and then the cup. That way he gets twice the love.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Ive been saying for years that the NHL isn't leaving the 5th largest metro market that is also growing quickly. They were playing the long game, and sure enough a solid owner has shown up. This franchise like many of the major sports franchises will increase in value, likely worth 1 billion or more in the next 3 years. There are only so many, and that scarcity creates value. It also seems like we are close to turning the corner as a team on the ice, instead of being a bottom 10 team, we might be a middle 10 team this year, maybe next year top 10 and many years after. It should be exciting times!

Last note: Just like the ownership situation, the new arena situation will get sorted out as well.
I don't think the Coyotes will be worth anywhere near 1 billion or more in three years. Having said that, Meruelo bought the Yotes for a rock bottom price, and he will probably double his ROI in the next ten years. It is a really smart investment for him. He just has to buy a radio station to promote the Yotes.

Foggy1097

Jan 14, 2014
Arizona
I don't think the Coyotes will be worth anywhere near 1 billion or more in three years. Having said that, Meruelo bought the Yotes for a rock bottom price, and he will probably double his ROI in the next ten years. It is a really smart investment for him. He just has to buy a radio station to promote the Yotes.

Yeah, god knows they don’t do it on 98.7...those guys are a joke with their hockey coverage. Hopefully we make a deep run this year and they have no choice but to talk about it because all the other valley teams are such trash. Cardinals will be good but not for a few more years....

Vip

Coyotes/Cardinals/Jazz/RSL
Jul 25, 2010
Without Phoenix there is no Auston Matthews. I doubt there are many leafs fans complaining about where our team is located.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad