OFFICIAL: Alex Meruelo Becomes Coyotes Majority Owner - Press Conference Thurs. 8/1, 1pm, @GRA

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Damn, they did him dirty with that shot. It's crazy how he looks like an average leaguer but he rips up the best league in the world.
The Kessel incongruence in appearance versus ability is multiple levels of crazy. It's not just the doesn't look like an athlete. It's that he doesn't even look healthy. He looks like he could have gout. And it's not just that he's an athlete, it's that he's an elite athlete. And not just that he has elite skill, but the he's also on an iron-man streak and never misses a game. He's also not some Mike Hoffman type who just slides into quiet areas and waits. He's a puck carrier. He plays with speed and pace. He blows by guys and scores highlight reel goals. He's an electric offensive star player. He's an iron-man. And he loos like he lives in his grandmother's basement, plays roughly 19 hours of video games each day, has never once kissed a girl, eats exclusively from the QuickTrip, and is one of those "I don't like the taste of water so I don't drink water" guys.

I love Phil Kessel. He's one of my favorite NHL players.

RABBIT

wasn’t gonna be a fan but Utalked me into it
The Kessel incongruence in appearance versus ability is multiple levels of crazy. It's not just the doesn't look like an athlete. It's that he doesn't even look healthy. He looks like he could have gout. And it's not just that he's an athlete, it's that he's an elite athlete. And not just that he has elite skill, but the he's also on an iron-man streak and never misses a game. He's also not some Mike Hoffman type who just slides into quiet areas and waits. He's a puck carrier. He plays with speed and pace. He blows by guys and scores highlight reel goals. He's an electric offensive star player. He's an iron-man. And he loos like he lives in his grandmother's basement, plays roughly 19 hours of video games each day, has never once kissed a girl, eats exclusively from the QuickTrip, and is one of those "I don't like the taste of water so I don't drink water" guys.

Bro :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Canis Latrans

Jan 19, 2015
Australia
The best part about this is that gout is a form of arthritis.

Oh, and as aside, part of his appearance, I believe, is resulting from whatever meds he takes from the aftermath of testicular cancer. It's water retention which makes him less svelte and more puffy. He won the Masterton Trophy in 2009 after his return.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011

:laugh:That pretty much describes Kessel.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011

Oh, and as aside, part of his appearance, I believe, is resulting from whatever meds he takes from the aftermath of testicular cancer. It's water retention which makes him less svelte and more puffy. He won the Masterton Trophy in 2009 after his return.
I didn't know, or maybe I forgot he had cancer. We all know he is a special player, this also makes him a special person. As much as this deal was good for Arizona, I think it was also good for Kessel. Kessel is not perfect, but neither is every other player, and much of the criticism he has received over the years is rather foolish. The leadership role will be something new for Kessel in Phoenix and I think he will embrace it and be successful with it.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville

Gout is a disease of excess and lack of proper nutrition. That was the joke.

I am aware of the cancer meds having the plumping effect. But I’m pretty sure that was at the time, no? As it be hasn’t taken them in 5+ years? Also, he looked like this on draft day. Haha.

Kessel.1.jpg

gettyimages-71345135.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad