Official 8th Baseball ATD Discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
I had Mattingly all lined up......but Tulo's a decent Plan B for this round, and worthy of the jump, IMO.

Also, just to reiterate, I will not be making any deals in this draft.

So please stop asking. :laugh:

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
I had Mattingly all lined up......but Tulo's a decent Plan B for this round, and worthy of the jump, IMO.

Also, just to reiterate, I will not be making any deals in this draft.

So please stop asking. :laugh:

Well I was about to offer you Mize and Biggio for your 16th and 17th round picks, but I guess that's that.

Also, I was trying to trade up to grab Lou Brock since I knew he was going to be taken with the next pick. Good selection. His playoff stats are ridiculous.

JaysCyYoung

Jan 1, 2009
York Region
montreal-expos-mascot-youppi.jpg

Best Mascot Ever!

Haha my girlfriend is a Québécoise, so she just had to get her photo with Youppi! at the NHL All-Star Game in Columbus last year.

He was mean to me because I was wearing my Leafs jersey though. :laugh:

Say Hey Kid

MI retired Nick Saban
Dec 10, 2007
Bathory, GA
Haha my girlfriend is a Québécoise, so she just had to get her photo with Youppi! at the NHL All-Star Game in Columbus last year. He was mean to me because I was wearing my Leafs jersey though. :laugh:
My wife is from a French speaking country. I love the accent. There are so many Toronto Jays and Leafs fans here at HF. I was in school in 67, but my childhood memories of NHL dynasty/history are of the Habs so they're my Canadian team. The Caps and Stars are great, but a healthy Price is tough. I think he used to get slightly overlooked, because of guys such as Luongo and Lundqvist, but not anymore.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Youppi! must be crying in his beard now, though, given how poorly the Habs are playing.

Since December 1st, I think they're statistically the worst team in hockey.

UL Washington

Jun 5, 2008
I think Bill James said that no pitcher made less mistakes than Quisenberry. The fact that he had a 2.76 ERA while only striking out 3.3 per 9 innings kind of proves that.

Tecumseh

Scorched Earth
Oct 20, 2012
Southbridge, MA
I feel like I've been waiting 3 weeks for my next pick. It's actually only been 3 days. That's why I traded up for Beltre. It's not that I didn't think he'd fall to my pick (although that was certainly a possibility), it's more that I was tired of waiting.

Winger for Hire

Praise Beebo
Dec 9, 2013
Quarantine Zone 5
I was playing a beer league game and doing law school applications. I don't feel bad. :p:

I just know who I want my next two picks to be and I have to wait so long to see if they're there.

Law school... nice. Good luck on that.

I really need to learn to skate so I can play something in the winter time. It's getting harder to lose the winter weight just playing softball in the spring/summer.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Law school... nice. Good luck on that.

I really need to learn to skate so I can play something in the winter time. It's getting harder to lose the winter weight just playing softball in the spring/summer.

Thanks.

Yeah, this is my first year playing and it's been a ton of fun

Winger for Hire

Praise Beebo
Dec 9, 2013
Quarantine Zone 5
Thanks.

Yeah, this is my first year playing and it's been a ton of fun

I tried one year, but it was in a kind of advanced league, so I was waaaaay out of my depth. I can skate in a straight line, but stopping was definitely not even close to below par. I've looked in the Pittsburgh area for some kind of beginning league or pickup that's not at noon or 11PM (I gotta work and get sleep for work), but I've been short on luck there. So I just stick to dek hockey in the warm months, and now the team I've been playing with since high school is dropping out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad