Official 8th Baseball ATD Discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
Picking 9th. Have a few ideas in mind already and like being essentially in the middle of each round. Less wait times ;)

Also the Porters will listen to trade offers at any time, so keep that in mind if you other GM's have any ideas.

Excited to be a part of this and good luck to all!

Pwnasaurus

Feb 21, 2003
Robot City
Also, feel free to make trades at any point, you needn't wait for the draft start. Just hash them out via PM with the other person and then the both of you post the details here and I shall update the big board.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
My info is good, just remember GarbageGoal as ONE word, there is another poster who has that handle as two words.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Wow 20th pick. Both awful and intriguing. Best of luck to everyone!

Pwnasaurus

Feb 21, 2003
Robot City
and....we are officially underway. Again, I won't be starting clocks for folks until Monday but if you like (as FotS did), feel free to go ahead with your selection if you are ready.

Also, a reminder to please PM the next person in line. tytyty

Winger for Hire

Praise Beebo
Dec 9, 2013
Quarantine Zone 5
OK... I'm officially excited

Good luck everyone, especially the newbies like myself.

I'm also still fielding offers for the 18th overall pick (not looking to stay in the 1st round, grab a second 1st round pick before it's too late!). I have some offers already, so act fast!

Last edited:

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
Ruth, to me is just such an easy choice in an all time setting. Not only was he the most dominant offensive player of all time, he was a really, really good pitcher in Boston. Guy just flat out owned the game of baseball in a way nobody ever has. One other hitter was close, but had almost 5 full years lost to multiple wars.

Pwnasaurus

Feb 21, 2003
Robot City
Ruth, to me is just such an easy choice in an all time setting. Not only was he the most dominant offensive player of all time, he was a really, really good pitcher in Boston. Guy just flat out owned the game of baseball in a way nobody ever has. One other hitter was close, but had almost 5 full years lost to multiple wars.

Just a heads up about this since it's come up before. Guys who did double duty (there are many in the NEL for example) are drafted as either a hitter or pitcher. Obviously this doesn't mean to say that full time pitchers who were great hitters don't get a boost in an ATD w/o a DH but Ruth is a full time outfielder or pitcher. There is no freed roster spot by saying he'll throw an inning or 2 on days he doesn't play the OF.

Consequently, managers who played as well, can be drafted 2x in this format. I will forego naming specific players/managers but there are plenty of them who were worthy of being drafted as a player or as a manager. It is custom to declare whether you are drafting him as a manager or player.

UL Washington

Jun 5, 2008
While his abilities and prowess at the plate are unquestioned, Ruth was also a prolific pitcher. Despite this he will spend his time in Cleveland manning one of the two corner infield spots which he played almost equally throughout his career.

Don't worry. Looks like Indians may be playing Ruth at third base. :amazed:

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Probably in minority but i don't think there should be a clock in round 1. Just until people get into swing of things. JMO anyways.

Pwnasaurus

Feb 21, 2003
Robot City
Probably in minority but i don't think there should be a clock in round 1. Just until people get into swing of things. JMO anyways.

Yeah I'm really never going to skip someone in Round 1 that would be catastrophic. The time is just a guideline at this point.

Vegeta

God Dammit Nappa
May 2, 2009
Capsule Corp.
FotS stated that he was playing Babe at one of the corner infield spots. Was that a typo, or is he playing him there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad