Official 2023 Coyotes OFF Season Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
You think that a rookie season flanked by Crouse and Boyd would be so damaging to Cooley that the idea shouldn't even be entertained?

In permaculture we often say that the problem is the solution. If you flip that 6 upside down your problem disappears.
Yep. Boyd on a wing is a waste of scoring opportunity. Give Cooley Macceli and you have something

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Little difference circumstance. Wedgewood is older and probably tired of being traded and has a good chance at the SC. I thought BA over paid on Veggie and I would bet that is what Ingram is using for a comparison.
Yes wedgewood is older but both goalies had a relatively small sample size playing for same coach/organization. Morgan’s article today showed case for a $2M arbitration case.

Reactions: Jakey53

GiveAFlyingPuck

Boring hockey aficionado
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2011
NW Valley of the Sun
In today's PHNX article, Craig said no one needs surgery in the off-season. I asked what was up with Kassian and he replied with this:

He told me he woke up one day and could not move his neck. He was actually ready to go for the final two games but they held him out.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
In today's PHNX article, Craig said no one needs surgery in the off-season. I asked what was up with Kassian and he replied with this:

He told me he woke up one day and could not move his neck. He was actually ready to go for the final two games but they held him out.
Got to be healthy if they want to buy him out.

Jormungandr

Aug 14, 2002
Ohio
Unlikely. He’s not a free agent next summer. They just drafted him. He’s not going to stay at Quinnipiac until he’s 23 years old.
Are you sure about that? This was his second post draft season. He’s already committed to his third post draft season. (Second at Quinnipiac) After next season all he has to do is one more season at Quinnipiac to become a free agent. I would start to seriously worry if he doesn’t sign next summer.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Are you sure about that? This was his second post draft season. He’s already committed to his third post draft season. (Second at Quinnipiac) After next season all he has to do is one more season at Quinnipiac to become a free agent. I would start to seriously worry if he doesn’t sign next summer.
Is it 4 years post draft or 4 years of NCAA?

Jormungandr

Aug 14, 2002
Ohio
Is it 4 years post draft or 4 years of NCAA?
4 years post draft. Unless they changed it and I missed it. Lipkin played one year in Chicago of the USHL post draft. He only needs 3 years at Quinnipiac to qualify. Wheeler did this. One at Green Bay, three at Minnesota.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I’m not at all concerned. I knew on draft day what was going to happen with Farinacci. There’s no chance Lipkin does two more seasons in college. Unless he misses the whole year with injury or something.

Reactions: zerekstar and hbk

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
4 years post draft. Unless they changed it and I missed it. Lipkin played one year in Chicago of the USHL post draft. He only needs 3 years at Quinnipiac to qualify. Wheeler did this. One at Green Bay, three at Minnesota.
So we still have 2 years. If he’s going back we have to sign him next summer to avoid losing him.

Edenjung

Jun 7, 2018
someone here called Mcbain “an absolute axe murderer”. I like that moniker. Perfect. If he would smoke cigs on the bench it would be bettet.
I think He would prefer cigars 😉

Wolverine Style
hugh-jackman-wolverine.gif

Reactions: Neighborhood Coyote

Jagged Ice

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2011
Central Phoenix
I’m not at all concerned. There’s no chance Lipkin does two more seasons in college.
Why would he go back this fall though to Quinnipiac? He already won a championship.
I wish I shared your optimism but I think I'm writing him off.

BAdvocate

Mediocrity is the enemy of any Dynasty
Feb 27, 2003
youtu.be
Wow. A 7th round pick from 2021 dominating the Coyotes 2023 off-season discussion.

I thought most were surprised when Josh Doan went pro...not sure why Lipkin staying another year is surprising and/or worrisome.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Yep, my guess is that Lipkin will do another 2 years and go FA, otherwise he would have signed this season.
I can’t see him playing two more years. Just no reason for it. Huge risk, zero reward.

Wow. A 7th round pick from 2021 dominating the Coyotes 2023 off-season discussion.

I thought most were surprised when Josh Doan went pro...not sure why Lipkin staying another year is surprising and/or worrisome.
Josh Doan should’ve stayed. Lipkin and Cooley should’ve transfer portaled to ASU.

Lipkin-Cooley-Doan as the Sun Devils #1 line next season. Haha.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Did we do locker clean out day already? Maybe that's tomorrow? I don't think I've seen any season wrap videos yet. Most curious to see what BA and Tourigny have to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Great Britain vs Finland
    Great Britain vs Finland
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $400.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Slovakia
    Kazakhstan vs Slovakia