Official 2019 World Junior Championship Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Problem with looking at this is most all of it came in a 14 -0 game for just about all of those guys . I want to see solid play in tight games with some production not padding stats in blowout games .

Frost was also great vs the Czechs as well though. Amongst best couple of players. And was great in pre-tourney.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Been impressed by Frost and Farabee play away from the puck. Very hard on the puck and forecheck. Offense is awesome, but overall play has been very impressive

Reactions: Rebels57 and Jtown

wasup

Mar 21, 2018
Frost was also great vs the Czechs as well though. Amongst best couple of players. And was great in pre-tourney.
I'm not just talking Frost i'm saying most all those Canadian points came off a 14 -0 game and it don't care if they are the first points or last points . Frost has been good even in the other games and so has some other Canadian players but using just points without context is senseless . Entwistle does not have as many points but scored in every game and all at even strength .
Remember i'm not taking a shot at Frost he has looked good as well as Farabee but stats don,t tell the whole story most of the time .

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Not impressed by Q Hughes at all.

Am I wrong to view this as a good thing? :laugh:

quinn hughes is the dman you want down a goal with 2 minutes left. As far as the other 58 minutes of the game, its going to be hard to say the same about him.

Okay, Hak.

No one thinks he's great defensively (besides NZ and exits), but it's about two key words: "net impact." Game changers need to play as much as possible.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I swear the defensemen stereotypes on here makes it seem like I’m reading a forum from a few decades ago.

Skill = unreliable
No skill = safe

Reactions: Rebels57

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto
Ahemmmm....what does a 12 year old know about pain and suffering......? ALL of LIFE is pain and suffering......wait till you hit 65 and tell me about it.......;-)). Enjoy the hockey good or bad.

200.gif

wasup

Mar 21, 2018
I swear the defensemen stereotypes on here makes it seem like I’m reading a forum from a few decades ago.

Skill = unreliable
No skill = safe
You need a mix of both on a team . You can't have all Quinn Hughes but two out of the 6 is a good thing . 2 good shut down guys and two physical guys would be nice as well .

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
I remember seeing Hughes and Hughes play last year and thinking they were the only good players and that the rest of the American team was pretty terrible. None of them looked like NHLers, including Wahlstrom.

Huh? Where did both Hughes brothers play together last year?

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
You need a mix of both on a team . You can't have all Quinn Hughes but two out of the 6 is a good thing . 2 good shut down guys and two physical guys would be nice as well .
This is exactly my point. Players don’t have to be categorized as either “shut down” or “Quinn Hughes”. It isn’t either you’re skilled OR good defensively.

And even if we pretend they’re mutually exclusive, skilled and dynamic prevents goals too, by keeping the opponent on the defensive.

Dumpster Flyers

Jun 21, 2006
Farabee screams third liner, but at least he's showing some NHL upside (unlike O'Brien). I bet Hextall and Pryor really liked O'Brien's "work ethic."

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
This is exactly my point. Players don’t have to be categorized as either “shut down” or “Quinn Hughes”. It isn’t either you’re skilled OR good defensively.

And even if we pretend they’re mutually exclusive, skilled and dynamic prevents goals too, by keeping the opponent on the defensive.
Yep. We had plenty of shut down types in 14-15, but Streit was still best when preventing other teams from scoring.
This is how we started the year lol:

Amac Schultz
Streit Gnome
Mdz Fat Schenn

with Kimmo, Coburn on IR, Ghost in Ahl and Colaiacovo scratched.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad