Official 2019 World Junior Championship Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
Ran out of gas, epic comeback, or epic partial collapse. USA looked good, but not good enough. What's that winning streak at now? 46?

phil162888

Jul 28, 2012
Farabee is unbelievable. Patrick, Farabee, Konecny, Provorov and Hart are huge building blocks.

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
Ersson named player of the game for Sweden despite letting up 2 PP goals and 2 with an extra attacker. The last one I would have liked to have seen stopped. It was nice of his fellow Flyer, Ginning, to horribly turn the puck over to another Flyer, Farabee, leading to the 4th goal.

Hopefully Farabee learns from OT. No reason to try and hold the blue line. Pull the puck out and regroup next time, please.

Edit: maybe Ersson shouldn't have had the 4th one. That's a pretty good shot.

Last edited:

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018
I can't imagine many ****tier feelings than that. Sitting next to guys sweating their balls off ad you're just worried about how cold your feet are.

He should play some this period considering they are trailing but if you haven't put him in the game by now, you probably never will.

So strange to me that they’d dress a guy to just not play him. What’s the point?

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Farabee is already having a good tournament as an 18 year old. Wahlstrom, Miller, & Samuelsson his teammates at the program last year not so much.

Next year should be interesting as you’ll be adding guys like Zegras, Turcotte, Caufield, Boldy, York, etc. to go with them. Of course they’ll lose the Hughes bros though.

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
So strange to me that they’d dress a guy to just not play him. What’s the point?

Any word on why St. Ivany didn't play but one shift? To make a statement? He is not good? He is hurt?

He played one shift in the middle of the 3rd when it was 4-0. Looked like he had cement boots.

It’s not uncommon for teams to do this, but it was a bit of a statement after the first Kazakhstan goal that he got benched in that game and it carried over. Usually teams will give the 7th D a shift or two early and see how things go. Not last night.

Reactions: wankstifier

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018
He played one shift in the middle of the 3rd when it was 4-0. Looked like he had cement boots.

It’s not uncommon for teams to do this, but it was a bit of a statement after the first Kazakhstan goal that he got benched in that game and it carried over. Usually teams will give the 7th D a shift or two early and see how things go. Not last night.

Ah, I’m clueless. Thought they were shortening the bench to 5 D by not giving St. Ivany shifts

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I'm so glad I fell asleep right before the 3rd period of the USA-Sweden game.

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
Frost and Farabee have been as advertised. Arguably the in the top 3 for their team with argument for frost being on the outside for CAN.

I have really liked watching Comtois. He’s been my favorite to watch so far. Tyler Madden on USA has been fun to watch too. Small and Speedy guy that gets lost in coverage and does a lot with what he has.

Brett Leason will be drafted this time around. I’m surprised he wasn’t. Same with Nando Eggenberger.

I know a lot of people are high on Czech Republic, but I’m not. I like Necas, Kaut, and Zadina, but Zadina hasn’t done anything noteworthy and Kaut has produced, but has been a little underwhelming. Necas looks really really good although his stats don’t show it.

Reactions: macleish1974

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Ahemmmm....what does a 12 year old know about pain and suffering......? ALL of LIFE is pain and suffering......wait till you hit 65 and tell me about it.......;-)). Enjoy the hockey good or bad.
I know plenty about pain and suffering outside of hockey.

If I even make it to 35 I’ll be surprised, let alone 65.

Reactions: BigToe

wasup

Mar 21, 2018

Problem with looking at this is most all of it came in a 14 -0 game for just about all of those guys . I want to see solid play in tight games with some production not padding stats in blowout games .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->