Prospect Info: [Official]: 2016 Draft Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
I feel like this draft is going to be as bad as '14 was supposed to be.

I think 2012 is going to go down as one of the worst across the board. I think there will be a few top pairing guys, a few top two pairing guys and a handful of top 6 forwards. I don't think there will be any 'stars' from this draft.

On the flip side, 2014, I think that there will be some major pieces from that draft.

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
If Flames get top pick 2016 NHL draft, they have really good chance to get Laine.
Right now seems that, Laine is outscoring Puljujärvi in TOP3 pick

Laine 20 games 8 goals 5 assists =13 points PPG 0,65.
Puljujärvi 27 games 5 goals 6 assists = 11 points PPG 0,40

Puljujärvi struggles right now, with scoring issues ( not first time in this season).
And it can affect negatively, for his draft stocks and draft position. If he won't figure out those problems.

Of course situations will / could change, during the season.
World juniors in Helsinki are big indicator, for these two big Finns which one of them goes first in 2016 draft.

Last edited:

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
Who's better?

I have to say Laine.
He has killer instinct for goal scoring, meanwhile Puljujärvi is playmaker type of player who could also to score.

But Puljujärvi is better skater, and he knows his responsibility in defensive duties.
Also his corsi reading in FEL is somewhere + 70-76.

Here's game by game, stats for Puljujärvi and Laine
http://liiga.fi/pelaajat/27833056/puljujarvi-jesse/ottelu-ottelulta

http://liiga.fi/pelaajat/30001639/laine-patrik/ottelu-ottelulta
Watch and compare if you want,

BigRangy

Get well soon oliver
Mar 17, 2015
I want to see some burke shenanigans and have the flames draft Laine and Puljujarvi

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
I want to see some burke shenanigans and have the flames draft Laine and Puljujarvi

Calgary still hasn't seen Burke magic. I'm really waiting for it.
McCabe and a future first round pick, to move into the top 5, mess around a little with the top picks; using later rounds, pick both Sedins at 2-3. Magic.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Mathews is an absolute beast. Definitely a legit #1
Chychrun really impressed me in the super-series. To me he's the consensus #2 in this draft. With the play of our blueline this year, I still think we go BPA.
After that. Pulu, and Laine in that next group.

Any of those guys would be good.
Laine and Pulu both have the size/speed/skill combo we don't really have in our top six.

But after those guys, it seems like a bit of a drop off. Who else is good? Fabbro, Tkachuk Bellows?

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
Outside of Matthews I don't really see any elite potential guys so far. Don't think Chychrun is as impressive as the top D in past drafts like Jones/Ekblad. More of a Hanifin level talent.

Laine and Pulu look good but more like guys available at 5/6/7/8 most years. Not a good year to be a bottom team, in my opinion.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Puljujarvi I think is being undersold a bit. I see real potential in him to be that Marian Hossa / Mark Stone type two-way winger. Good teams can always use that. I don't see that kind of potential in Laine. Better goal scorer but doesn't seem to think the game as well.

With all the skilled size at the top of this draft, the only disappointment for me would be drafting a smaller forward. You can get those kinda guys later in the first round.

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
Puljujarvi I think is being undersold a bit. I see real potential in him to be that Marian Hossa / Mark Stone type two-way winger. Good teams can always use that. I don't see that kind of potential in Laine. Better goal scorer but doesn't seem to think the game as well.

With all the skilled size at the top of this draft, the only disappointment for me would be drafting a smaller forward. You can get those kinda guys later in the first round.

I was looking at Cox's Nov rankings at SportsNet and was surprised at the # of smaller guys in the top 40 or so. Most I can ever recall.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I was looking at Cox's Nov rankings at SportsNet and was surprised at the # of smaller guys in the top 40 or so. Most I can ever recall.
why would you look at anything by Cox? was the box of Alphabits busy?

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
why would you look at anything by Cox? was the box of Alphabits busy?

I like to check multiple sources, and his rankings are not that different from the others.
Look at any ranking and check out how many guys are small (under 6' 190) and real small (under 5'10 and 180)

FLAMES666

Jan 30, 2009
Calgary
I haven't really looked at this years draft. Looks like I should start but how is Tkachuk? I see he is outscoring Marner on the Knights this year. Is he just benefiting playing on someones line or is he legit?

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I like to check multiple sources, and his rankings are not that different from the others.
Look at any ranking and check out how many guys are small (under 6' 190) and real small (under 5'10 and 180)
Honestly I stopped reading when I saw Cox's name. I think he is the biggest fraud in the industry and I see his name and just quit reading because it is guaranteed to be something you can find easily elsewhere or an outright lie.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
I haven't really looked at this years draft. Looks like I should start but how is Tkachuk? I see he is outscoring Marner on the Knights this year. Is he just benefiting playing on someones line or is he legit?

Big bodied winger in the O; he's the real deal. People are comparing him to his father; which is a fairly nice comparison (his dad was no slouch).

I truly believe Calgary needs 2 more nice pieces up front; Matthews of course would be the best thing to happen to this franchise; but really anyone from the top 5-6 this draft would help this team out a lot. I don't know where people are seeing the size issues, the guys projected to go in those top 6 spots have an average size of over 6'2''; by the looks of it, Calgary will probably be selecting in there somewhere :laugh:

Otzelor

Nov 29, 2015
Where do you guys think the flames will end up drafting?

My prediction would be 3-5, because the lottery isn´t on our side. Sadly.

SmellOfVictory

Jun 3, 2011
Where do you guys think the flames will end up drafting?

My prediction would be 3-5, because the lottery isn´t on our side. Sadly.

Finish last, drop to 4th in the lottery. Edmonton and Vancouver get 1st and 2nd overall from bubble finishes. Salt becomes life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad