Official 2015 Tank Thread VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
I'll offer up my goaltending services for the rest of the season for the cause!

:D

Ha. That sounds like a great promotion for the rest of the season!

As part of our new "Fan Experience" package, you can start in goal for the Buffalo Sabres, for a real NHL game! See all your favorite players up close and personal! We'll provide pads, skates, and even a custom jersey!

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY

As part of our new "Fan Experience" package, you can start in goal for the Buffalo Sabres, for a real NHL game! See all your favorite players up close and personal! We'll provide pads, skates, and even a custom jersey!

I've got a mask, skates, and stuff.

But, I would need pads, gloves, and a C/A that meets NHL specs.

:laugh:

I don't know what would be the best part of that:

- Free gear!
- Fat paycheck even at league minimum!
- Coolest experience ever!
- The main board exploding because of the Sabres tanking!

StlSwedes

Dec 3, 2009
Edmonton has wins against TB, MTL, NYR, SJ, LA, NYI, & CHI. My point being that they do surprisingly well against some good teams so hopefully they will steal some games or go OTL against teams who are much better but disappoint.

Eram

Jul 21, 2013
San Francisco, CA
Edmonton has wins against TB, MTL, NYR, SJ, LA, NYI, & CHI. My point being that they do surprisingly well against some good teams so hopefully they will steal some games or go OTL against teams who are much better but disappoint.

Seconded. They also get to play against backup goalies relatively often. For them, it seems that if they're on, they can complete closely with any team. If anything is out of sync, game over.

Sabretooth

May 14, 2013
Ohio

Redeem for 5000 Fan Advantage points! (25 Remaining)

JTyler48

Jan 26, 2014
They should just play with 6 skaters so they can work on their power play some more.

McCauleyChirps

Gare's "Partner"
May 20, 2006
Rochester, NY
I hope this goes down to the very last game, and Edmonton is in 29th by 1 point. Ted pulls the goalie with like 3 minutes left in the game when we're up 2-1. Now that, is how you tank.

sabres4ever

Yes, have some!
Jun 5, 2006
Virginia
This is too close for comfort. I'll feel so much better when we have a lock on it. 3 wins in the remaining twenty-something games is entirely possible. Edmonton would have to lose every single remaining game though, which is unlikely.

It looks like it will go down to the wire though. Sheesh.

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Edmonton versus a slumping Boston, potentially playing a rookie goalie's first game, and on home ice? I'm hopeful tonight.

McCauleyChirps

Gare's "Partner"
May 20, 2006
Rochester, NY
This is too close for comfort. I'll feel so much better when we have a lock on it. 3 wins in the remaining twenty-something games is entirely possible. Edmonton would have to lose every single remaining game though, which is unlikely.

Relax. It's very difficult to gain ground with the 3 point system.

MayDay

Oct 21, 2005
Pleasantville, NY

According to sportsclubstats, we currently have a 92% chance of finishing in last place, and a 7% chance of finishing 29th.

If that's accurate, we're currently sitting at a 94.3% chance of getting McEichel (aggregate probability of us finishing last + us finishing 29th and either we or the 30th place team win the lottery).

Relax, we got this.

To illustrate how much we got this, if we went an extremely improbable .500 the rest of the way (10-10-5) we would still have a 59% chance of finishing dead last.

And there's no way this team is going to play anywhere near .500 for the next two months.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT

The fact that we're still up 6 points, in the middle of this month (hereinafter the "tank month from hell") is remarkable. I said in January that if we could come out of February with any lead at all I'd be extremely optimistic, and we're definitely on course to do that. Look at our home/away schedule in march. Then look at our away record. That will be our month to pull away.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
Edmonton versus a slumping Boston, potentially playing a rookie goalie's first game, and on home ice? I'm hopeful tonight.
A Boston team that has been playing badly and must win this game? Boston will destroy Edmonton. 6-1

dmband

Feb 15, 2010
Boston, Ma
I hope this goes down to the very last game, and Edmonton is in 29th by 1 point. Ted pulls the goalie with like 3 minutes left in the game when we're up 2-1. Now that, is how you tank.

Even better. - Edmonton up by 1 point in final game. Sabres go to Overtime. Ted pulls goalie, we lose, and we lose the loser point because we pulled the goalie!

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
Even better. - Edmonton up by 1 point in final game. Sabres go to Overtime. Ted pulls goalie, we lose, and we lose the loser point because we pulled the goalie!

OR...

Last game, Edmonton ahead of Buffalo by 1 point. 2 Mins Left in the 1st period. Sabres are up 2-1. Ted Pulls the goalie.

Myllz

RELEASE THE KRAKEN
Jan 16, 2006
Vegas
Last game of the year for Edmonton, who are currently in last place by 1 point. Derek Roy records six points in the game and Edmonton finishes in 29th.

N.Y. Orangeman

Mar 15, 2002
myspace.com
According to sportsclubstats, we currently have a 92% chance of finishing in last place, and a 7% chance of finishing 29th.

If that's accurate, we're currently sitting at a 94.3% chance of getting McEichel (aggregate probability of us finishing last + us finishing 29th and either we or the 30th place team win the lottery).

Relax, we got this.

To illustrate how much we got this, if we went an extremely improbable .500 the rest of the way (10-10-5) we would still have a 59% chance of finishing dead last.

And there's no way this team is going to play anywhere near .500 for the next two months.

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

This is Buffalo....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad