Official 2015 Tank Thread VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cirris

Nov 10, 2006
Crackport
please explain what that means again?

Sabres can get a maximum 50 from 25 games. Oilers are ahead 8 points. Sabres own tiebreaker. So the magic points number is

50 points max Sabres can get minus points behind they are to the 29th place team, the Oilers.

50 - 7 = 43

once magic point total equals 0 Sabres secure last place.

It's the reverse of Baseball pennant races where the leading teams are counting down how many games ahead versus how many games their second place opponent has.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
Also, want to start looking at the "games in hand" positively instead of flightendly/negatively?

Look at the standings from a "points lost" instead of a points gained perspective.

Sabres 78 points lost
Oilers 74 points lost

Sabres now have 2 games in hand to further cushion that lead!

Sean McG

Dec 27, 2009
Niagara on the Lake, ON
Not a huge shootout guy.. but gotta admit that I've been pretty into the 13 and 12 rounders that Edmonton's been in recently. Nice 2 points from a team I wouldn't expect them to beat.

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
Another 14 game losing streak and this is all sealed up fellas. I hope we lose the next 10 and clinch last so we can start cheering for wins at the end of the year.

Ness

New Age Retro Hippie
Dec 5, 2008
Denver
Yes!!!! Loved seeing Rask skate off the ice in disappointment after talking **** to every Oilers skater who didn't score. What a choker.

Ness

New Age Retro Hippie
Dec 5, 2008
Denver
Sabres can get a maximum 50 from 25 games. Oilers are ahead 8 points. Sabres own tiebreaker. So the magic points number is

50 points max Sabres can get minus points behind they are to the 29th place team, the Oilers.

50 - 7 = 43

once magic point total equals 0 Sabres secure last place.

It's the reverse of Baseball pennant races where the leading teams are counting down how many games ahead versus how many games their second place opponent has.

I remember it was in the 50s not too long ago. Now down to the low 40s....it's getting real! :handclap:

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012

leafs fans are the cutest things ever

I feel like its 2013 all over again

Edm probably doesnt win again for 6 games, especially if those injuries turn out badly for us, the good part is we get NYR and Nash at home which should negate our home kompete advantage and take Phi and CBJ on the road, by tuesday the magic number could be in the 30s

Last edited:

Ness

New Age Retro Hippie
Dec 5, 2008
Denver

leafs fans are the cutest things ever

I feel like its 2013 all over again

"Tank Nation" .... "Embrace the tank"...I wonder where they got these terms from? :sarcasm:

That guy is the Tank King for the Leafs? I'm not worried. He can bow down before the true Tank King..................Tim Murray.

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012
"Tank Nation" .... "Embrace the tank"...I wonder where they got these terms from? :sarcasm:

That guy is the Tank King for the Leafs? I'm not worried. He can bow down before the true Tank King..................Tim Murray.

LOL we be tanking crew... might not trade Kessel... tank hard comrades!

They arent prepared, they dont even know

Boston's gonna miss the playoffs and win the lotto :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad