Official 2015 Tank Thread VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

couture23

Jun 23, 2012
Toronto
So after being abused by all fans of other teams for months we have reached the point where half of them now openly root for their own teams to fail and the other half couldn't care less since they are playing meaningful hockey.

Looking forward to those new tanking fans turning on us again because they don't catch us.

So very true. Hypocrites.

A rebuild year isn't a a rebuild year when the prize is McDavid - it's a tanking year. Pathetic.

sjci

Feb 13, 2007
Buffalo
When I see that I just cringe, and the quote in my head openings up and says "Your arrogance will be your undoing."

I.E. Stop being a JINX!.

Yupp, let's wait till we are solidly in 30th before these statements. And I know the leafs are absolute trash right now, but I'm getting a little worried they'll get closer and closer to the bottom. I want them to have as small odds as possible to win, cause god forbid if they did, no one would ever hear the end of it. The most obnoxious fan base in the league (not all of course, but a lot of them) would just become even more unbearable

Bps21*

The leafs are third on my list of teams I want to win the lottery.

1. Us. Duh.
2. Edmonton. No one will ever care about us "tanking" to get better again
3. Toronto. Just pure ****ing fun. Sorry...not afraid of Toronto getting McDavid. Put the next Canadian phenom in Toronto and the new face of american hockey in buffalo and let's have a 15 year party.

Arizona is last on my list.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
If Toronto wins the lottery AND an expansion/relocation comes to Toronto within 3 years, I'm breaking out the the tinfoil hat.

"Ok Shanny, we need to get your ownership onboard with a 2nd Toronto team. There's gold in dem der hills, plenty of $$ for everyone"

"Hrm. Let me talk to them" ::starts texting::

"Ok, we want McDavid"

"Well, what about a territory fee"

"Sure, that too. And McDavid"

"Well I can't guarantee that"

"Well then I can't guarantee we'll allow a 2nd toronto area team"

"Fine. Finish low enough where its not too obvious we're rigging it"

"Can do"

Bps21*

We can only control what we can control. Right now that's not blowing last place with a lead. The odds are overwhelming that McDavid plays elsewhere...no use worrying about who is angling to get to where...when we are where we are.

I have a buddy who whenever a game doesn't go our way (say...Edmonton loses after giving away a lead) screams and throws a fit about how they're doing it on purpose and all that. And I always wonder what the Edmonton version of him is screaming after...well...like almost all of our games save one 10-3 run.

It's like...can you believe what Toronto is doing!!! ...we are 15 points worse lol.

Kublakhan

Lets Go Buffalo !!!
Jan 24, 2013
North Tonawanda
We can only control what we can control. Right now that's not blowing last place with a lead. The odds are overwhelming that McDavid plays elsewhere...no use worrying about who is angling to get to where...when we are where we are.

I have a buddy who whenever a game doesn't go our way (say...Edmonton loses after giving away a lead) screams and throws a fit about how they're doing it on purpose and all that. And I always wonder what the Edmonton version of him is screaming after...well...like almost all of our games save one 10-3 run.

It's like...can you believe what Toronto is doing!!! ...we are 15 points worse lol.

Edmonton, Toronto and even Carolina has had their glory, I'm getting to old to wait around forever, If we can not get ours soon enough..... I don't know :shakehead

Fearnot

Nov 13, 2013
New York
Ok time for you guys to start winning some games!

Last%20Year.gif

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington
The Sens could do us a huge favour and start tanking in their next 5 games:

- Blue Jackets
- Sabres

- Penguins
- Oilers
- Hurricanes

*Just beat the Penguins !

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013

- Blue Jackets
- Sabres

- Penguins
- Oilers
- Hurricanes

Nah, the plan is to lose every single remaining game of the season.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Can we stop with the gloating until game 82 is finished and we are in 30th? We are a whopping 2 games out of 29th. The Oilers are garbage. We don't have Eichel Locked up at all.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY

- Blue Jackets
- Sabres

- Penguins
- Oilers
- Hurricanes

Schedules like this is why I'm not scared. Every team is ahead of us and every game results in points, and most result in 3 points. I highly doubt Buffalo wins more games than another team in the league for the remaining 30.

RoofIt5hole

Ball Don't Lie
Jul 1, 2014
Chicago
The leafs are third on my list of teams I want to win the lottery.

1. Us. Duh.
2. Edmonton. No one will ever care about us "tanking" to get better again
3. Toronto. Just pure ****ing fun. Sorry...not afraid of Toronto getting McDavid. Put the next Canadian phenom in Toronto and the new face of american hockey in buffalo and let's have a 15 year party.

Arizona is last on my list.

Arizona's year is Next season with Auston Matthews. book it.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
Arizona's year is Next season with Auston Matthews. book it.

Like I've said a few times. They have zero reason to field a competitive team next year. In fact, quite the opposite. Their lease says if they lose 50 million within 5 years they can relocate. It's literally the plot of major league but in real life. They'll be the team to watch at the deadline and draft IMHO. They might make the Sabres look like world beaters next season.

RoofIt5hole

Ball Don't Lie
Jul 1, 2014
Chicago
Like I've said a few times. They have zero reason to field a competitive team next year. In fact, quite the opposite. Their lease says if they lose 50 million within 5 years they can relocate. It's literally the plot of major league but in real life. They'll be the team to watch at the deadline and draft IMHO. They might make the Sabres look like world beaters next season.

yup. they're gonna tank hard, draft Matthews, then move to Vegas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad