Official 2015 tank thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
It's amazing to me how Ted Nolan gets credit for anything good that happens in Buffalo.

From Enroth's hot streak to the simple good luck of players not getting injured.

Ever since he rode the best goaltender of all time, in the prime of his career, to a division title in a year when the rest of the division was really bad - and somehow won the undying adulation of the city.

I swear if some people around here found a $20 on the street, they'd probably credit Nolan.

I have it on good authority that Nolan is directly responsible for the falling gas prices.

ADoubleD

Jul 19, 2009
Buffalo, NY
Although I know elite or very good forwards don't become available via trade very often, I don't think we can completely count out that option. We have so many prospects and picks that we could make a trade for one without hurting the team. Now if only a guy like Seguin was available now. :laugh:

I think this is a viable option whether the tank succeeds or fails.

Irving Zisman

Really Bad Grandpa
Nov 5, 2007
'Merica
Although I know elite or very good forwards don't become available via trade very often, I don't think we can completely count out that option. We have so many prospects and picks that we could make a trade for one without hurting the team. Now if only a guy like Seguin was available now. :laugh:

I think this is a viable option whether the tank succeeds or fails.

It absolutely is a viable option. One of the great advantages of having as many picks and prospects as we have

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
If we win tonight and the Islanders beat New Jersey, we'd be sitting in the 9th draft spot tomorrow morning. :laugh:

:cry:

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
You could have stopped right there :laugh:
Made me laugh...
Drury and Briere we're the stars in Buffalo and Darcy messed that up. The sin was on Darcy Quinn and I say that because Drury nor Briere were ever considered McDavid or Eichel and if we had properly built around them with Vanek, Miller and Pomminville we would be Stanley Cup champions without that generational talent that is apparently so needed.
Quinn.

Beginning of the year the kids were playing great (for kids) and we were still losing. I think it can be done because it has.

Gionta has woke up. Moulson has woke up. Stafford has woke up. Ennis has woke up. Enroth has overdosed on No-doze.
Funny!!

It's amazing to me how Ted Nolan gets credit for anything good that happens in Buffalo.

From Enroth's hot streak to the simple good luck of players not getting injured.

Ever since he rode the best goaltender of all time, in the prime of his career, to a division title in a year when the rest of the division was really bad - and somehow won the undying adulation of the city.

I swear if some people around here found a $20 on the street, they'd probably credit Nolan.
I'm even starting to re-grow hair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad