Official 2015 NHL Draft/College & Europe FA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
I don't see what the big deal is. This doesn't affect his draft stock in the slightest.

Well I mean, who knows what his production might be like afterwards. You're probably right that it doesn't affect anything, but it's still news.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
I don't see what the big deal is. This doesn't affect his draft stock in the slightest.

Agreed. Unless Eichel goes on a unbelievably ridiculous streak while McDavid is injured, nothing is making anyone forget about McDavid.

It is interesting though. There hasn't been a prospect hyped up like this since Crosby. Have any other consensus first overall picks been seriously injured like this the year before their draft?

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
It is interesting though. There hasn't been a prospect hyped up like this since Crosby. Have any other consensus first overall picks been seriously injured like this the year before their draft?

The only prospect that I can think of recently was Galchenyuk. Only played 2 games before his injury, then came back for the Playoffs and did pretty decently. That summer he was the 3rd overall pick. Funny how that works right? ;)

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Yeah this McDavid thing is just crap from media and Hockey Canada for jeopardizing the WJC. They're pissed they'll be without highlight material for a while. Doesn't change his draft stock at all. Most teams are probably pleased to see more fire out of him.

McRanger

Sponsor
Jul 20, 2005
Agreed. Unless Eichel goes on a unbelievably ridiculous streak while McDavid is injured, nothing is making anyone forget about McDavid.

Not a consensus pick but Malkin, who was running neck and neck with Ovechkin for 1st overall, suffered a pretty serious concussion in his draft year. And that was right in the middle of the "concussion panic" days.

There were talks whether it would affect his status. Impossible to say whether a healthy Malkin edges out Ovechkin for 1st overall, but it obviously didn't stop him from going 2nd.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Does anyone watch any young Finnish players? They've been good on the international level, and I was wondering if they had any promising offensive defensemen or centers that are draft-eligible.

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
Does anyone watch any young Finnish players? They've been good on the international level, and I was wondering if they had any promising offensive defensemen or centers that are draft-eligible.

Immediately I thought of Mikko Rantanen, but there is also Sebastian Aho (the Finnish one), Julius Nattinen, and Aleksi Saarela. Aho is a LW, but he play style is stellar in the Liiga. I'm a huge fan of Mikko Rantanen! He's a center/wing that can switch on and off and is in his 2nd year of Liiga as an 18 year old! He has size and muscle and uses it very well. He's projected to go mid 1st, though. I'm hoping to grab a guy like Julius Nattinen in the 2nd who, IMO, is climbing the charts unnoticed. Another kid who has been in the Liiga for a bit at a young age as well. Saarela is dropping off a lot lately too so that could be another pick up in the 2nd.

A Fin that no one has talked about yet, either, is Vili Saarijarvi. Already moved overseas and plays in the USHL with Green Bay, he is small at 5'9"/161lbs. as per elite prospects. However, he's putting up good numbers on the back end and is also a righty shot. That could be that OD that you'd be looking for. Could very well be a great pick up later on in the draft.

Also I'm still rooting for Hannes Bjorninen after getting passed over last year. Could be a serviceable center.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=92191
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=152111
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=91186
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=85961
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=94117
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=122954

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
I know he's a goalie and I'm sure none of us really want us taking another goalie early, but I think Matej Tomek could be a steal. 6'3/181lbs. is 1.10 GAA and .957 SV% in 7 games so far with Topeka in the NAHL. This is his first year in America and is doing really solid. Daniel Vladar might be a great option, too.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=215223
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=221902

His nickname os Darth Vladar. Sign me up. Where are they projected to go? Our two seconds should be used for BPA since this is a deep draft, preferably a center or offensive defenseman

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
His nickname os Darth Vladar. Sign me up. Where are they projected to go? Our two seconds should be used for BPA since this is a deep draft, preferably a center or offensive defenseman

Yes, preferably I'd much rather get a center or some sort of lethal offensive threat, but you're absolutely correct when you say this is as deep of a draft as the 2003 class (yes the Hugh Specimen one). Vladar is projected to be the best goalie out from overseas (I'm personally not a huge fan of Felix Sandstrom), but as a whole is behind Callum Booth and MacKenzie Blackwood, who both IMO are 1st round worthy. I do think though that Vladar has the capability of being a 1st round talent, but again due to the deepness, will fall to the 2nd. Tomek has the same deal, a great contender, but will fall to the 2nd and maybe even the 3rd due to the deep nature of this 2015 class. It'll be interesting for sure!

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
I've mentioned this before and I'll reiterate again, elite prospects put up a new page separate for the 2015 draft class to give all of you a good insight on what can be looked at as potential draft targets. If you haven't already looked at it, I strongly encourage it. It gets updated every day with stats and new prospects added. It's consistent, I promise! :)

http://www.eliteprospects.com/draftcenter.php?year=2015

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
I've mentioned this before and I'll reiterate again, elite prospects put up a new page separate for the 2015 draft class to give all of you a good insight on what can be looked at as potential draft targets. If you haven't already looked at it, I strongly encourage it. It gets updated every day with stats and new prospects added. It's consistent, I promise! :)

http://www.eliteprospects.com/draftcenter.php?year=2015

A lot of Americans in the top 20 for this draft. Pretty awesome.

Raspewtin

May 30, 2013
Only 6 Dmen in that top 30. But man, those 6 look good. Kylington, Zboril and Provorov will rise in the rankings, lots of talent there and not many Dmen as talented as the potential first round forwards.

You were really high on Jordan Greenway before any of us, how is he looking this year? Big guy with lots of skill, always room on a team for those players.

Bluenote13

Believe In Henke
Feb 28, 2002
BKLYN, NYC
You were really high on Jordan Greenway before any of us, how is he looking this year? Big guy with lots of skill, always room on a team for those players.

He's a big kid who uses his size and reach in the offensive zone. He gets alot of attention from defenses but he's smart enough to dish the puck off to an open teammate rather than trying to do it all himself. That shows me he has good instincts, and at 6'5 he's gonna go first half of the first round. Less physical but more talented than Tom Wilson who the caps picked 16th overall in 2012.

If we had a first rounder I'd be looking at the Centers, lots of them in this years first round. Barzal, Merkley, Connor, and Colin White are guys who may go after #10.

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
He's a big kid who uses his size and reach in the offensive zone. He gets alot of attention from defenses but he's smart enough to dish the puck off to an open teammate rather than trying to do it all himself. That shows me he has good instincts, and at 6'5 he's gonna go first half of the first round. Less physical but more talented than Tom Wilson who the caps picked 16th overall in 2012.

If we had a first rounder I'd be looking at the Centers, lots of them in this years first round. Barzal, Merkley, Connor, and Colin White are guys who may go after #10.

I 2nd this, Greenway still could, however, make those plays himself where he gets around the defensemen and score. Likely will be a mid 1st rounder.

I'm very happy you mentioned Kyle Connor. Kid looks like a huge stud!

Bluenote13

Believe In Henke
Feb 28, 2002
BKLYN, NYC
I 2nd this, Greenway still could, however, make those plays himself where he gets around the defensemen and score. Likely will be a mid 1st rounder.

I'm very happy you mentioned Kyle Connor. Kid looks like a huge stud!

Connor is going to Michigan Wolverines, I'm a big fan of their program.

Kanneda

Aug 10, 2014
Madrid
What are your favorite candidates for those two 2nd round picks? I would like an improvement at center for our prospect pool, personally like a lot Thomas Novak and Filip Chlapik, hopefully they will remain unselected in our picks.
Would you try to trade up to get a 1st round pick? Too many years without one...

Raspewtin

May 30, 2013
Nathan Noel is one I like. I also like Dennis Yan.

If Timashov ever starts getting the hype he deserves, I'd take him in the 2nd. But he's barely being discussed as a 3rd rounder right now.

But it's a little early. There will be plenty of risers and fallers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad