Official 2015 NHL Draft/College & Europe FA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
So who are the top UDFAs next summer. Kristo, Crabb, Chris, Mueller, Malone, Kostka are all going to be free agents we aren't going to resign or get replacements for. Stemp will get resigned or we'll get a replacement. Same for MZA and Staal.

This is what we are likely looking at:

Kreider-Brass-MZA
Nash-Stepan-St. Louis
Hags-Miller-Duke
Glass-Moore-Fast
Extra: Stempniak
Callups: Lindberg, Hayes, Hags 2.0, Hrivik

So we will have the space to add 6 contracts. Butcher is one, Skjei another. Unless Nieves has a huge year, he'll stay in college.

So we should have 4 spots for UDFAs. Who are some guys we should target?

Players they will keep or replace, most likely:
Staal
MSL
MZA
Stempniak (although he may be replaced by someone like Fast or Lindberg)
Talbot

Hunwick
Kostka
Crabb
C. Bourque
Malone
Kristo

There's too many options as far as what could happen. Does Fast replace Stempniak? That's another contract open. Does Desjardins prove he can be a NHL back-up for a season behind Hank as Talbot wants too much money? That could be another contract.

I think they will have ~6-7 open contracts
Skjei
Buch
Graves?
Donnay?
Tambellini?
Most likely will sign a 7th d-man or spare forward in UFA

I don't see many open slots unless they move some people.

NewLife

Apr 29, 2011
Oslo
I want a first rounder so badly in this class. I think I'm better off staying away or even better ignoring this thread. :cry:

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
I want a first rounder so badly in this class. I think I'm better off staying away or even better ignoring this thread. :cry:

If it makes you feel better, we have two 2nd rounders that we could potentially use to move up in the draft. Also a few guys that we could possibly trade could target a 1st. Who knows what could happen?

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
First surprise candidate to push to be a 1st/2nd rounder is center/left wing Roope Hintz. Kid is 6'2"/182lbs so could use a little more added strength, but he is bulldozing the competition out there in the SM-Lliga. Keep an eye on Hintz.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=92117

Also, NHL Central Scouting has upped a few players to an "A" ranking meaning that they could potentially be a 1st round talent (doesn't mean that they will be though).

http://www.nhl.com/ice/blogpost.htm?id=33240

Charlie Conway

Oxford Comma
Nov 2, 2013
It would be nice to have a first in this draft, but a like Timashov could be a nice pick to take a gamble on. Two 2nds isn't too shabby, though.

I suppose if we wanted to get further up, we could package a guy and a 2nd to move up a bit, but it'd have to be a pretty significant piece.

Always fun to see the sheer amount of talent in the draft.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Here's to hoping they can find two gems in the second with those picks. It seems like this is an incredibly deep draft.

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
It would be nice to have a first in this draft, but a like Timashov could be a nice pick to take a gamble on. Two 2nds isn't too shabby, though.

I suppose if we wanted to get further up, we could package a guy and a 2nd to move up a bit, but it'd have to be a pretty significant piece.

Always fun to see the sheer amount of talent in the draft.

What everyone seems to forget is that we have some good chances to get back in the 1st round in an extremely deep draft. Two 2nds isn't shabby at all. I saw a mock draft on these boards that had us selecting Jansen Harkins and Dante Salituro. Two centers that already are above a point per game in the WHL and OHL respectively. That's huge for 2nd rounders. Imagine who we could snag in the 1st by moving up with these assets? ;)

This is very early, but one guy I'm watching closely:

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=248381

Absolutely! He's projected late 1st/early 2nd, but deserves it. Absolutely wrecking the USHL right now. Has he decided a college yet?

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Saw this on the Sabres board. Time to start stock piling some picks in 2021

OP:

If we somehow miss out on McEichel, we should immediately start stockpiling lottery tickets for the 2021 draft and grab Iguchi Aito. That should also give us enough time to come up with a catchfrase. Right now I can't think of any synonym for losing that works with Iguchi Aito.

Raspewtin

May 30, 2013
Saw this on the Sabres board. Time to start stock piling some picks in 2021

OP:

Now that was a treat to watch. He was flat out embarrassing those kids.

Hopefully more players from unconventional hockey countries start getting recognition. Can never grow a sport too much.

Raspewtin

May 30, 2013
Nicolas Roy has had a really rough start to the season with only 8 points in 18 games. Was being talked about as a top 15 pick before the season started. Should keep an eye on him, he's huge and very talented on both ends of the puck. Would absolutely be worth the risk if he dropped to the 2nd round.

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
Nicolas Roy has had a really rough start to the season with only 8 points in 18 games. Was being talked about as a top 15 pick before the season started. Should keep an eye on him, he's huge and very talented on both ends of the puck. Would absolutely be worth the risk if he dropped to the 2nd round.

Completely agree. He's in a slump it seems right now. Could very well be that Duclair type steal!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad