GDT: *OFFICIAL* 2015 Free Agency Frenzy II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruzin

Jan 13, 2003
Berlin
Visit site
I love that Sweeney is gaining cap space, but who is going to score next year?

Out: Hamilton (42), Lucic (44), Smith (40), Soderberg (44) = 170 points
In: Beleskey (32), Hayes (35) = 67 points

That's a lot of lost offence. We better hope that Claude figures out how to coach offensive hockey, Krejci stays heathy, Pastrnak avoids a sophomore slump, and Spooner can maintain last season's pace.

Sweeney needs to use this cap space to get a legitimate scorer. Too many fringe 20-goal guys for my liking.

What a ride. :handclap:

DitClapper

May 15, 2014
The East is so wide open. Wow if we get a top 4 defenseman, we're an actual contender.

Man Rocket

88+73
Jul 12, 2011
I love that Sweeney is gaining cap space, but who is going to score next year?

Out: Hamilton (42), Lucic (44), Smith (40), Soderberg (44) = 170 points
In: Beleskey (32), Hayes (35) = 67 points

That's a lot of lost offence. We better hope that Claude figures out how to coach offensive hockey, Krejci stays heathy, Pastrnak avoids a sophomore slump, and Spooner can maintain last season's pace.

Sweeney needs to use this cap space to get a legitimate scorer. Too many fringe 20-goal guys for my liking.

What a ride. :handclap:

Spooner + PAsta

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Time to trade Kelly. Possibly Loui.

Look to Oshie perhaps. I've been saying it for a while. Hed be a perfect. PERFECT fit here.

Gotta get a d man though.

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
It would take Eriksson to get Oshie.

I would think our 2016 first could get it done, no? With St. Louis needing to free up cap (or internal salary restrictions) to have enough money to sign Tarasenko, you gotta figure the gotta move someone without bringing much, if any, salary.

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
This forwards group is going to make things either very fun, or not so much...the defense, i'm still nervous about, but who knows? Maybe Miller comes back completely healthy with his shoulder fixed and picks up right where he left off, still playing solidly. Maybe McQuaid can channel Boychuk and start burying the puck in the back of the net with an improved slap shot. Maybe Morrow impresses hard in the preseason and never looks back, getting placed with either McQuaid or Seidenberg.

Our defense isn't a strength right now, but the situation isn't as dire as it might appear. I'm not crazy about Chara's age or Seidenberg's sharp decline, but who knows? Maybe the younger guys play so well that Chara and Seids have their playing time limited.

xjoeyc23x

Apr 1, 2015
So what are we looking at for money and who we still need to sign after today. Obviously we don't know the spooner money yet so we can just say RFA for him still but how much cap is left after the trade and signing today ?

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Matt Larkin ‏@THNMattLarkin 31 min31 minuuttia sitten

Very reasonable cap hit for Beleskey. Still, Boston without an identity. Pick three times in first round & sign top UFA forward in same week

What a week we've had :laugh:

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
I would think our 2016 first could get it done, no? With St. Louis needing to free up cap (or internal salary restrictions) to have enough money to sign Tarasenko, you gotta figure the gotta move someone without bringing much, if any, salary.

we don't need Oshie now. Our forward group is pretty much set. What we need now is D, like...really badly.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
So what are we looking at for money and who we still need to sign after today. Obviously we don't know the spooner money yet so we can just say RFA for him still but how much cap is left after the trade and signing today ?

Spooner is 2 years 1.9 total. been confirmed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad