GDT: *OFFICIAL* 2015 Free Agency Frenzy II

Status
Not open for further replies.

reffree

Apr 24, 2003
ste-justine québec
Visit site
So we have Krejci-Bergeron-Eriksson-Marchand as sure value in the offense.

Pastrnak and Spooner as question mark with high upside (50+pts) but still potential for sophomore slump.

Beleskey-Hayes-Connoly as question mark withtout much upside(35-40pts).

We'll have alot of things to go in our favor to be average offensively next season.

BallroomBitz

Once a Bruin...
Jul 7, 2006
So we have Krejci-Bergeron-Eriksson-Marchand as sure value in the offense.

Pastrnak and Spooner as question mark with high upside (50+pts) but still potential for sophomore slump.

Beleskey-Hayes-Connoly as question mark withtout much upside(35-40pts).

We'll have alot of things to go in our favor to be average offensively next season.

So I'm not alone.

YNWABoston

Aug 3, 2005
Boston, MA
The Dougie Hamilton trade sucked we can all agree. And we all hated the reach in the 1st round. But..

If I told you last week that Don Sweeney would be able to add 3 extra 1st Round Picks, 2 extra 2nd Round picks, Sign Matt Beleskey, Dump Reilly Smith, get us a few quality prospects on the verge of the NHL, AND get us out of cap jail...

No one would have belived me.

BostonPC

Bleed Black & Gold
Dec 3, 2005
Woburn, MA
The Dougie Hamilton trade sucked we can all agree. And we all hated the reach in the 1st round. But..

If I told you last week that Don Sweeney would be able to add 3 extra 1st Round Picks, 2 extra 2nd Round picks, Sign Matt Beleskey, Dump Reilly Smith, get us a few quality prospects on the verge of the NHL, AND get us out of cap jail...

No one would have belived me.

Exactly.... and the season has not started yet. Still time to make deals.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Apparently we are interested in Franson. Haven't really watched him play enough...what can he bring?

Weight not speed, D group with Chara-Seids-Franson-McQ would not be the prettiest :laugh:

But if he signs Franson then please leave us atleast 2-3M cap space because I want to have 10M+ cap available next offseason and go crazy :handclap:

OrreyKroog

May 10, 2014
Franson, like everything else is fine if he comes in at the right price. I don't care about reaches in the draft because lets be honest no of us are experts and to a degree its a crapshoot but I can't stand overreaching in free agency. Luckily to this point it doesn't look like we are doing that.

At this point Sweeney has gone from an all time villain to someone they should celebrate with an ESPN 30 for 30. If he gets rid of Kelly that might actually happen.

Baddkarma

El Guapo to most...
Feb 27, 2002
Midland TX
Franson, like everything else is fine if he comes in at the right price. I don't care about reaches in the draft because lets be honest no of us are experts and to a degree its a crapshoot but I can't stand overreaching in free agency. Luckily to this point it doesn't look like we are doing that.

At this point Sweeney has gone from an all time villain to someone they should celebrate with an ESPN 30 for 30. If he gets rid of Kelly that might actually happen.

:laugh: Great line right there...

Bridges31

Sweep the leg!
Oct 7, 2007
NH
Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger 6m6 minutes ago
The NYR have no plans of trading Keith Yandle. He is key to a very strong blueline and the Rangers believe he will be a key element next yr.

toasterjam

Sep 23, 2014
Mass
1 year $3 at Ehrhoff I can be ok with...not even sure he could stay healthy but still.
just don't go crazy on franson deal...unless we unload Kelly $3 million.

Imagine if we got both? Chara-Franson Seids-Ehrhoff Krug-Mcquaid.

Dump Kelly's 3 million to make it all work.

Hell..I'm not even sure if that D is all that good anyway.
I am still pulling for Morrow to get his shot, but still think we need 1 top 4 d.

bolt thrower

No war!
Aug 26, 2006
1 year $3 at Ehrhoff I can be ok with...not even sure he could stay healthy but still.
just don't go crazy on franson deal...unless we unload Kelly $3 million.

Imagine if we got both? Chara-Franson Seids-Ehrhoff Krug-Mcquaid.

Dump Kelly's 3 million to make it all work.

Hell..I'm not even sure if that D is all that good anyway.
I am still pulling for Morrow to get his shot, but still think we need 1 top 4 d.

I absolutely want to see Morrow in the line up. The kid is good and showed some nice things last season.

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
No to Franson. Maybe to Ehrhoff. We need a top 3 D who can log minutes against top competition. Franson could work out great here (I don't think he would), but still not our most pressing need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad