OT: Official 2013 ticket thread Part 7 (ALL ticket talk HERE)(RULES IN FIRST POST)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Looch

B's, C's, Sox & Pats
Jun 22, 2009
Gilford, NH
3200 tix left. 230 is the lowest right now. Bet you can get in for 140-150. Doubt much lower since anything below that will get snapped up in a second.

The market got very weak in 20011 for game 7. I sold everything and bought a single for $90 two hours before the game. I'm sure this will be no different.

SpeedyLazaro

Sponsor
Sep 30, 2008
Boston
The market got very weak in 20011 for game 7. I sold everything and bought a single for $90 two hours before the game. I'm sure this will be no different.

I got pulled into business travel for game 7 in 2011 and I think I sold for face value on stubhub. wasn't that year a back to back?

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
I got pulled into business travel for game 7 in 2011 and I think I sold for face value on stubhub. wasn't that year a back to back?

Yes.

Plus I am positive people didn't feel like paying to see another Game 7 loss on home ice. Easy to forget how beaten down fans were about the playoffs after the previous couple years (and decades).

Looch

B's, C's, Sox & Pats
Jun 22, 2009
Gilford, NH

Not to dig up the hatchet…but, I do believe you sold those game 7 tickets for a profit. We had a lengthy back and forth about that a few years ago amongst many posters ;) There were many who chimed in. I will do a quick search to see if I can find it. But I am fairly certain it was game 7 you said you sold for a profit.

edit- http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=883218&page=42

I have enjoy cordial postings with you in the years since this came up. And I don;t want that to change. I just remembered that game in particular since it was the subject of much discussion. I have to call em how I see em.

SpeedyLazaro

Sponsor
Sep 30, 2008
Boston
I'm not fond of round 1 game 7's on home ice

In most cases, they shouldn't be allowing a game 7 because we are usually the higher seed.

if they lose, I save myself the heartache

If they win, JJ whacks my Amex for another few hundred bucks and we all move on together!!

....and then there was 2013 where I sat at home for the greatest game ever. :rant:

PlayoffBeard365

Apr 11, 2014
Cape Cod, MA
Here we go again. I am somewhat ready for the torture and looking for 2-3 balcony seats $100-175 but would need to secure before 4 pm Wed. Thanks.

Last edited:

Chris7

Feb 21, 2012
Would love a pair of Loge. Have sox dugout box vs Cubs to trade as well.

Go B's! :handclap::handclap:

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
StubHub inventory was around 3100-3200 last night after the loss, around 2800 this morning, and 2400 now, with no noticeable dips in price - in fact, they seem to have gone "up" (but by "up", it's probably more that the cheapest tickets have been selling, not that folks are actually bumping prices higher.) They were around $230 for the cheapest yesterday, and now they're around $245.

PlayoffBeard365

Apr 11, 2014
Cape Cod, MA
StubHub inventory was around 3100-3200 last night after the loss, around 2800 this morning, and 2400 now, with no noticeable dips in price - in fact, they seem to have gone "up" (but by "up", it's probably more that the cheapest tickets have been selling, not that folks are actually bumping prices higher.) They were around $230 for the cheapest yesterday, and now they're around $245.

Thanks for info. What's your take on the next 20 hours?

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch

No clue. Looch knows much better than I - he said to expect $150-$170 for entry awhile ago, in which case - DON'T TAKE MY TICKET! That said, I can see why folks are wary to go. In the words of Drago, if the Habs die, they die. There's still more work to do, and a little disappointing that it took the full 7. But if they win, it'll be depressing.

I was bored and checked for the tickets sold on StubHub for game 7. (If you pretend to sell a ticket, you can get data for prices of tickets that are sold. Fun the way they hide that, huh?) There were a few tickets that sold for under $200 a few weeks ago, but not many. One mysteriously sold today for - $0?? Huuuh?

Oh, and I wish someone had told me long ago how useless Price Alert is. Tickets always gone by the time it comes, AND they always send a "Oh, here's a ticket that's CLOSE" email. Thank you StubHub, but I wanted a single $150 balcony ticket, not two $260 tickets! Grrrrr....

slim04

All Things Boston
Mar 11, 2011
Connecticut
Not to dig up the hatchet…but, I do believe you sold those game 7 tickets for a profit. We had a lengthy back and forth about that a few years ago amongst many posters ;) There were many who chimed in. I will do a quick search to see if I can find it. But I am fairly certain it was game 7 you said you sold for a profit.

edit- http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=883218&page=42

I have enjoy cordial postings with you in the years since this came up. And I don;t want that to change. I just remembered that game in particular since it was the subject of much discussion. I have to call em how I see em.

Is it sad the I remember this conversation? This was right after I had signed up for this message board and asked myself "what did I just get myself into?"

Looch

B's, C's, Sox & Pats
Jun 22, 2009
Gilford, NH
Is it sad the I remember this conversation? This was right after I had signed up for this message board and asked myself "what did I just get myself into?"

lol. I'm sure there are a few here who remember it. It just stuck out at me because he made a point to say he sold them "at face value" on stubhub. When in fact he didn't. Which is what the whole thing got blown up over.

SpeedyLazaro

Sponsor
Sep 30, 2008
Boston
lol. I'm sure there are a few here who remember it. It just stuck out at me because he made a point to say he sold them "at face value" on stubhub. When in fact he didn't. Which is what the whole thing got blown up over.

glad you guys remember it .. cuz I don't

Looch

B's, C's, Sox & Pats
Jun 22, 2009
Gilford, NH

About 1200 tickets sold yesterday. I there is s a good chance prices never really drop off off. Have to see what the market does this afternoon. If they sell at a decent pace we may even see an uptick.

I actually sold everything I had. So I'll be playing the market along with you ;) I think I'm gonna settle for trying to get in at $200 or under. $150 may end up being a little bit of a stretch

dafoomie

Jul 22, 2005
Boston
Got into game 2 for $80 so I'm a little disappointed the market seems a lot stronger for game 7. I'd spend $150 for a single but not sure if I'd spend $200.

bruinsden

PRO/BOS Bruins!!!
Jul 2, 2006
Rhode Island
After trying four times to win tickets during Toucher and Rich I have resigned to the fact that I will just be going to the Providence game and streaming the Boston game to my phone. $264 on stubhub right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad