Official 2013 Patriots/NFL Thread-Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 18m
Source: #49ers plan to cut CB Nnamdi Asomugha today, with the expected activation of CB Eric Wright.

Wouldn't be a bad backup for Talib

bruins309

Krejci Fight Club
Sep 17, 2007
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 18m
Source: #49ers plan to cut CB Nnamdi Asomugha today, with the expected activation of CB Eric Wright.

Wouldn't be a bad backup for Talib

Nnamdi's wife (Kerry Washington) is a far better SNL host than Nnamdi is as a CB at this point. Dont know what happened to him, but at least he married quite well.

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport
Nnamdi's wife (Kerry Washington) is a far better SNL host than Nnamdi is as a CB at this point. Dont know what happened to him, but at least he married quite well.

Didn't know he married her. Good on him. I've not been sad to miss SNL for a while now but heard she was great.....someone told me to check out "What Does My Girl Say?"....heartily laughed.

As far as Asomugah.....uh, why? 2 tackles this season and he hasn't played since late September. There's a reason for that. He's not anywhere near the shutdown dude he was before signing that fat contract in Philly. The idea that he'll be an effective corner for a defense that can't rush the passer is somehow a promising idea?

Yikes. Dude is Toast with a capital ish.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Didn't know he married her. Good on him. I've not been sad to miss SNL for a while now but heard she was great.....someone told me to check out "What Does My Girl Say?"....heartily laughed.

As far as Asomugah.....uh, why? 2 tackles this season and he hasn't played since late September. There's a reason for that. He's not anywhere near the shutdown dude he was before signing that fat contract in Philly. The idea that he'll be an effective corner for a defense that can't rush the passer is somehow a promising idea?

Yikes. Dude is Toast with a capital ish.

The book on him is that he was a product of the system they used in Oakland, and once he was left out on an island, he got exposed.

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport
The book on him is that he was a product of the system they used in Oakland, and once he was left out on an island, he got exposed.

Yeah, big part of it.

I know the Raiiiiiiders find themselves the butt of a lot of jokes, but that was a solid defense for a few years 2007-2010. Asomugah could play stifling coverage because yes, he was very technically sound, but he also had the very underrated Michael Huff playing safety over the middle. When you have a guy like that being able to provide safety help.....you just avoid that side of the field altogether. Then guys like Seymour and Kelly with the pass rush? Perfect system to succeed.

Kelly23

Pedroia and Drew
Nov 4, 2010
Boston
Cinnci is such a poorly coached team, amazing how Lewis still has a job.

Cinnci giving this up is god for the Pats an almost automatic #3 seed, but I hate the Ravens so much and don't fear the Bengals.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Ed Reed is getting released from the Texans today.

:laugh:

I'd actually give serious consideration to picking him up if I were the Patriots. His playing ability isn't anywhere near what it once was, but with Gregory down for a few weeks possibly, he fills aneed, and his veteran presence can't be overlooked, plus we all know Bill loves the guy.

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
I'd actually give serious consideration to picking him up if I were the Patriots. His playing ability isn't anywhere near what it once was, but with Gregory down for a few weeks possibly, he fills aneed, and his veteran presence can't be overlooked, plus we all know Bill loves the guy.

He'd have to clear waivers first. And, having said that, i wouldn't touch him. He's useless at this point.

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
Pats might not get the chance....rumors are dallas will claim him if nobody with a higher waiver claim does.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
He'd have to clear waivers first. And, having said that, i wouldn't touch him. He's useless at this point.

Because be didn't play well for a pathetic and underachieving team in HOU? I don't see the logic? We have seen many players look useless on one team and be utilized properly by another.

Guy is smart and a winner and the Pats have lost a bunch of leadership with Vince and Mayo not dressed.

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
Because be didn't play well for a pathetic and underachieving team in HOU? I don't see the logic? .

No. Because he was done before this season. His time in houston has only cemented it further. Baltimore's secondary has improved without him too.

Ten Thousand Hours

Aug 17, 2010
Boston
One of those cases where I'd be happy if we signed Reed because it means Belichick sees something in him that I haven't this season (and I trust Belichick more than myself), but I certainly wouldn't expect it and if I were running the team, I wouldn't pick him up.

MTaylorJ1

Sep 20, 2006
No. Because he was done before this season. His time in houston has only cemented it further. Baltimore's secondary has improved without him too.

Didn't they get Webb back? Suggs is also healthy this year, that's extremely helpful to a secondary.

Bi Coastal Bawse*

Yeah just saw Ed Reed being released and people pondering if the Pats will get him.

Wouldn't mind it could mentor the younger DBs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad