OT: Official 2013 Patriots/NFL Thread **mod warning post 200***

Status
Not open for further replies.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
BB is all about eliminating distractions. He knows in this case this isn't going away, and if he never says anything in any capacity it will be a constant distraction. That is why I believe he says something short and to the point, so that "He needs to say something won't linger." The "he didn't say enough" story will go away much faster.

Look at the whole handshake story with Mangini. That got stupid, so what did Bill do? He ****ing hugged that fat ****ing traitor and that was the end of it.

You think he liked doing that? YOU THINK HE LIKED HUGGING FATADICT ARNOLD? Of course not, but it was best for the team.

Pie O My

May 26, 2010
Shawmut Center
"I am saddened by the death of Mr. Odin, and I am shocked and disappointed by the arrest and alleged involvement in his death by Aaron Hernandez. I have no other comments and will only talk about players that are under contract and in camp."

you cool with that?

"coach given this tragic situation and Bob Kraft's recent public reaction to it, has this in any way changed the way you and your scouting staff will be vetting draft picks and free agents moving forward? If not, why not?"

EverettMike

Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
you cool with that?

"coach given this tragic situation and Bob Kraft's recent public reaction to it, has this in any way changed the way you and your scouting staff will be vetting draft picks and free agents moving forward? If not, why not?"

"We are always evaluating how we do things around here to try and improve."

And yeah, I am cool with that. I am cool with him saying nothing.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
BB is all about eliminating distractions. He knows in this case this isn't going away, and if he never says anything in any capacity it will be a constant distraction. That is why I believe he says something short and to the point, so that "He needs to say something won't linger." The "he didn't say enough" story will go away much faster.

Look at the whole handshake story with Mangini. That got stupid, so what did Bill do? He ****ing hugged that fat ****ing traitor and that was the end of it.

You think he liked doing that? YOU THINK HE LIKED HUGGING FATADICT ARNOLD? Of course not, but it was best for the team.

I prefer Mangina personally.

And you nailed it on the head.

Pie O My

May 26, 2010
Shawmut Center

And yeah, I am cool with that. I am cool with him saying nothing.

"does part of that improvement include changes to the vetting of future players? What went wrong in this case and what policies and procedures are being contemplated to minimize extreme cases like this and to ensure that it remains an outlier?"

i'm cool with him saying nothing, but i'm not cool with them keeping the status quo and changing nothing.

EverettMike

Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
"does part of that improvement include changes to the vetting of future players? What went wrong in this case and what policies and procedures are being contemplated to minimize extreme cases like this and to ensure that it remains an outlier?"

i'm cool with him saying nothing, but i'm not cool with them keeping the status quo and changing nothing.

He'll give that answer again.

Pie O My

May 26, 2010
Shawmut Center

He'll give that answer again.

if what they're saying is true (national network guys present...crime reporters hectoring him, etc.) then i don't think it's gonna fly this time.

"can you give us more specifics of the evaluation process? How much responsibility does Urban Meyer deserve in all this? were you and your scouting staff duped by him?"

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
if what they're saying is true (national network guys present...crime reporters hectoring him, etc.) then i don't think it's gonna fly this time.

"can you give us more specifics of the evaluation process? How much responsibility does Urban Meyer deserve in all this? were you and your scouting staff duped by him?"

He'll make a specific statement about Hernandez and then say he's only going to talk about players that are currently on the roster going forward. I would guess that he's not going to entertain many questions on the subject either. Maybe a couple of softball plants from some local reporters, but most questions by non sports reporters will be ignored. And rightly so. He's a football coach. He drafted and paid a guy to play football for his team. That the guy turned out to be a homicidal sociopath is not something the Patriots are responsible for.

Bruwinz37

Feb 27, 2002
*clears throat*

BB: We're ready and prepared for a new season and we'll compete with the players on our roster.
Reporter: Coach, what are your thoughts on Aaron Hernandez?
BB: That player is not on our roster.
*silence*
BB: thank you.

Exits stage left

Fin.

I hope he does this. Just for laughs sake.

EverettMike

Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com

Not going to fly?

In what way? Like he won't just do what he wants?

He'll say what he wants and that is that. He has stonewalled before, and he will do it again.

Pie O My

May 26, 2010
Shawmut Center
Not going to fly?

He'll say what he wants and that is that. He has stonewalled before, and he will do it again.

i, like B's37 in an earlier post, love it when he makes the local sports media look like idiots. But here's the rub - he may not care what anyone thinks of him, but R. Kraft does care very much what people think of the Patriots brand. Brady may be the face of the franchise, but BB is it's brains and to a lesser extent it's heart and soul. As a rep of that franchise he knows he has to walk a tight rope on this one.

Spygate was too inside footbally to leave any real stain on the brand, but this is completely different. That's what i mean by this may not fly this time.

Bruwinz37

Feb 27, 2002
i, like B's37 in an earlier post, love it when he makes the local sports media look like idiots. But here's the rub - he may not care what anyone thinks of him, but R. Kraft does care very much what people think of the Patriots brand. Brady may be the face of the franchise, but BB is it's brains and to a lesser extent it's heart and soul. As a rep of that franchise he knows he has to walk a tight rope on this one.

Spygate was too inside footbally to leave any real stain on the brand, but this is completely different. That's what i mean by this may not fly this time.

Here is what I think happens:

The Patriots are saddened by what has happened, but this is not a football matter. Furthermore the Patriots were not aware of any gang affiliation. While Aaron was a talented player, we would have never tolerated any such issue. As soon as we were made aware of the issues at hand we immediately released Aaron to make it clear we are not standing in his corner.

Something like that.....then Belichick will ask to answer football related questions. I think it would be funny if someone in the crowd in the midst of all the Hernandez stuff asks him to break down the pros and cons of the cover 2 defensive scheme or to go over the fundamentals of a 3-4 vs a 4-3.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Not going to fly?

What aren't people getting about this? The guy has done it his way and been successful for more than a decade. Kraft isn't going to all of a sudden make him change. They will address the situation briefly, then move on to football, and if the questions are not football-related, presser over.

Pie O My

May 26, 2010
Shawmut Center
Here is what I think happens:

The Patriots are saddened by what has happened, but this is not a football matter. Furthermore the Patriots were not aware of any gang affiliation. While Aaron was a talented player, we would have never tolerated any such issue. As soon as we were made aware of the issues at hand we immediately released Aaron to make it clear we are not standing in his corner.

Something like that.....then Belichick will ask to answer football related questions. I think it would be funny if someone in the crowd in the midst of all the Hernandez stuff asks him to break down the pros and cons of the cover 2 defensive scheme or to go over the fundamentals of a 3-4 vs a 4-3.

Tom E. Curran would be just the guy to do it. Love that guy and the interaction he has with Mary P. on their show. They don't take themselves too seriously and we're all the more entertained for it.

Your imaginary question actually reminds me of a time about 10 years ago when BB had a special session for the media when he broke down step by step how he and his staff beak down game film. I wonder who in the media actually attended that. As we all know they can be quite full of themselves when it comes to stuff like that. Appropos of nothing - why is Ron Borges still around writing when what he did was the journalistic equivalent of what Ryan Braun was just penalized for?

mich25

Jan 23, 2013
I have some friends coming up for Training camp. One of their brothers best friends is a rookie on the Patriots. They asked me for advice on hotels. The Renaissance is booked. Anybody got ideas on hotels and things to do in or around Foxborough. I'm a city girl...I don't know where to even begin with suggestions for them. Any suggestions help would be great.

EverettMike

Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
I have some friends coming up for Training camp. One of their brothers best friends is a rookie on the Patriots. They asked me for advice on hotels. The Renaissance is booked. Anybody got ideas on hotels and things to do in or around Foxborough. I'm a city girl...I don't know where to even begin with suggestions for them. Any suggestions help would be great.

There is nothing to do in Foxboro.

Go to Foxwoods or Mohegan.

Kelly23

Pedroia and Drew
Nov 4, 2010
Boston

On route 140 there is a Holiday inn right next to foxboro (In Mansfield), and it is easy to get to the Stadium afterwards all you have to do is follow 140 through the common and take a left onto route 1, the stadium just past the exit, .25 miles starts the stretch.

The Holiday inn is a pretty good Hotel stayed there for a while, probably booked too but its worth a shot if you have not called them.

qc

Aug 23, 2011
Welp, 45 seconds in and I'm already stunned by how much Bill has said. I'm impressed with his sincerity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad