I guess you can say he was

horatio-caine-sunglasses-momen-o.gif

A Mile High

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Seriously, this dude was charged with carrying a concealed weapon. You are always bragging about your shotgun and whatnot so I know you must be one of the people who think that laws against concealed carry are infringing on your 2nd amendment rights or something. But the Patriots sign a guy who was pinched on that and you act like "ANOTHER THUG? BELICHICK LOST THE PATRIOT WAY..."

Let me tell you something right now- No,I don't believe in laws banning concealed carry weapons but I obey them because those are the laws until they are repealed or declared unconstitutional. Get it? This asshat didn't- he.broke.the.law. Jerks like him contribute to the idea that gun owners are irresponsible trash.

You'd think after all the crap that has been spattered on the Patriots after the Hernandez case they would have the basic common sense not to take on more players who have broken the law.

And what is so stupid or asinine about expecting athletes to behave like decent human beings off the field? I don't expect them to be perfect because nobody is perfect. Just don't going around beating up/killing people, threatening to kill/beat up people & things like that. You know like the vast majority of the rest of us somehow manage to avoid doing.

You get more of the behavior you encourage- if you expect athletes to **** up and are willing to overlook it [ the I-don't-care-what-he-does-off-the-field-as-long-as-he-produces-on-it attitude that seems so prevalent around here is just one example] you are going to get more of it. It is that simple.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
I fully support people who want to have a concealed weapon in public, regardless of what ridiculous, unjust law their state makes up. Keep carrying, John Drew :handclap:

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Let me tell you something right now- No,I don't believe in laws banning concealed carry weapons but I obey them because those are the laws until they are repealed or declared unconstitutional. Get it? This asshat didn't- he.broke.the.law. Jerks like him contribute to the idea that gun owners are irresponsible trash.

You'd think after all the crap that has been spattered on the Patriots after the Hernandez case they would have the basic common sense not to take on more players who have broken the law.

And what is so stupid or asinine about expecting athletes to behave like decent human beings off the field? I don't expect them to be perfect because nobody is perfect. Just don't going around beating up/killing people, threatening to kill/beat up people & things like that. You know like the vast majority of the rest of us somehow manage to avoid doing.

You get more of the behavior you encourage- if you expect athletes to **** up and are willing to overlook it [ the I-don't-care-what-he-does-off-the-field-as-long-as-he-produces-on-it attitude that seems so prevalent around here is just one example] you are going to get more of it. It is that simple.

So carrying a concealed weapon is now in the same league as beating people up and/or killing them? :laugh:

So what happens if Brady is caught jay-walking? OH NOES, HE BROKES DA LAWWWWWW WHERE HAS DA PATRIOT WAY GONE??

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
So carrying a concealed weapon is now in the same league as beating people up and/or killing them? :laugh:

So what happens if Brady is caught jay-walking? OH NOES, HE BROKES DA LAWWWWWW WHERE HAS DA PATRIOT WAY GONE??

He was pulled ovah without his seat belt on!

THEYHA LOSIN THEIAH WAY!

Carrying a concealed weapon is obviously exactly the same as beating someone up.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner

No, of course not. I never said nor implied that. Forget it, you are just being willfully ignorant....

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
He was pulled ovah without his seat belt on!

THEYHA LOSIN THEIAH WAY!

Carrying a concealed weapon is obviously exactly the same as beating someone up.

Read the last part of my post again, tool. I wasn't speaking about this guy in particular but athletes in general.

Never mind, you aren't interested in anyone's opinion except your own.

Carry on....

Roll 4 Lines

Pastafarian!
Nov 6, 2008
In The Midnight Hour
Read the last part of my post again, tool. I wasn't speaking about this guy in particular but athletes in general.

Never mind, you aren't interested in anyone's opinion except your own.

Carry on....

I don't know...I seem to be on a bit of a rampage today. :rant:

But if people don't understand something you post, it might be okay to simply clarify what you meant, instead of saying "Go back and read it, tool."

Could just be me....that is all. :)

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
I don't know...I seem to be on a bit of a rampage today. :rant:

But if people don't understand something you post, it might be okay to simply clarify what you meant, instead of saying "Go back and read it, tool."

Could just be me....that is all. :)

I wrote it in plain English. I'm not sure how I could clarify it. If I thought he was truly interested in my opinion I might make the effort. He isn't so I won't.

No offense to you Roll :)

Roll 4 Lines

Pastafarian!
Nov 6, 2008
In The Midnight Hour
I wrote it in plain English. I'm not sure how I could clarify it. If I thought he was truly interested in my opinion I might make the effort. He isn't so I won't.

No offense to you Roll :)

Okay. Just seen alot of that lately, and it's getting on my nerves. :laugh:

I just asked someone to clarify a post and it took him 2 more times before I understood it, even though it was written in plain English.

I'm a little slow sometimes!

They could have told me to go back and read it, but instead he, or she, took the time to clarify.

Trust me. I've written stuff that didn't come across the way I meant it! :laugh:

EverettMike

Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Okay. Just seen alot of that lately, and it's getting on my nerves. :laugh:

I just asked someone to clarify a post and it took him 2 more times before I understood it, even though it was written in plain English.

I'm a little slow sometimes!

They could have told me to go back and read it, but instead he, or she, took the time to clarify.

Trust me. I've written stuff that didn't come across the way I meant it! :laugh:

It wasn't clear. I read it twice. She responded to the news of them signing a guy arrested for concealing a weapon illegally to someone arrested for abuse.

Intentional or not, it read like a false equivalency.

Rather than notice two totally different people read it the same way and considering maybe she wasn't clear, she called us stupid.

She doesn't need defending.

Roll 4 Lines

Pastafarian!
Nov 6, 2008
In The Midnight Hour
It wasn't clear. I read it twice. She responded to the news of them signing a guy arrested for concealing a weapon illegally to someone arrested for abuse.

Intentional or not, it read like a false equivalency.

Rather than notice two totally different people read it the same way and considering maybe she wasn't clear, she called us stupid.

She doesn't need defending.

I said what I wanted to say, and tried to do so as kindly as I could.

..That is all.

Pie O My

May 26, 2010
Shawmut Center
Patriots back away from DT Drew
July, 22, 2013
Jul 22
5:25
PM ET
By Mike Reiss | ESPNBoston.com

Rookie defensive lineman John Drew had a contract in hand from the Patriots this morning after agreeing to terms, but the team decided to go in a different direction for unknown reasons.

Thus, though the sides agreed to terms, the contract was never finalized.

Drew, who had passed a conditioning test with the club, will now pursue workouts with other clubs.

This type of a situation is a reminder that while sides can agree to terms, nothing is official until the contract is finalized and sent into the league office. One possibility is that the Patriots had second thoughts based on Drew being kicked off the football team at Duke after being arrested for firing a gun on campus.

Instead of Drew, the Patriots signed Rashad Anthony White, a nose tackle from Michigan State.

All hail BMC! Kraft's official team clairvoyant. They're back on the right path.

EverettMike

Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
so what's he gonna say today? And what should he be expected to say? What's the over/under on the # of snorts we hear from the podium?

"I am saddened by the death of Mr. Odin, and I am shocked and disappointed by the arrest and alleged involvement in his death by Aaron Hernandez. I have no other comments and will only talk about players that are under contract and in camp."

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport
so what's he gonna say today? And what should he be expected to say? What's the over/under on the # of snorts we hear from the podium?

*clears throat*

BB: We're ready and prepared for a new season and we'll compete with the players on our roster.
Reporter: Coach, what are your thoughts on Aaron Hernandez?
BB: That player is not on our roster.
*silence*
BB: thank you.

Exits stage left

Fin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad