Official 2013-14 "Stay Positive/ Silver Linings" Thread

Niv

Registered Hater
Sep 22, 2009
Ottawa
again, the team wins when he is in the lineup for whatever reason. team's record is the opposite when he doesn't play.
28 games, 11 wins. He has played in 6 of those wins.

He seems like a great teammate that is well liked by everyone. Guess that makes him the official on-ice cheerleader.

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
again, the team wins when he is in the lineup for whatever reason. team's record is the opposite when he doesn't play.
28 games, 11 wins. He has played in 6 of those wins.
9 games, 14 points. The other 19 games he did not play in...12 pts

Im willing to take that chance, keep him in the pressbox, and chalk it up to coincidental stat syndrome.

83DIZ65

Sep 8, 2011
halifax
We're also 7-1-1 against our division.

thats a huge stat if we keep up that pace itll be easy to chase down toronto and detroit as they wilt.

5 Senators are in he top 57 players in points.

Bobby Ryan is tied for 7th in goals.

Quite possible Ottawa will have six twenty goal scoters this season.

been a while since weve had that many players with that much finish.

We are 1st in the atlantic division for "goals for"

offensive juggernaut if we can tidy up the back end well dominate alot of teams.

Merged the 2 "positivity" threads... that's my bad dizmal, I didn't realize you'd already made a thread like this.

Sall good just glad alot of ppl are jumpin on the band wagon.

Sens next 5 games: TB, TOR, PHI, BUF, BUF
Leafs next 5 games: DAL, OTT, BOS, LA, STL

Talk about making up ground.

we could easily win every one of those games, just sayin.

Zibby is breaking out.

Man, he does a lot of good things out there.
Quick, smart decisions with the puck to along with his high end physical skills.
he's fast, he hits, he works hard both ways.

his curve is heading straight up at this point.

guys gonna be a super star. i think hes more valuable by the end of next year then spezza.

When Kassian plays:
6-2-3

Yeah, keep him out, he's ruining our chance at a lottery pick (oops we don't have a pick)
Don't complicate things coach. When kassian plays, team wins.
Since he's been out of the lineup:
3-6-0

gotta be a coincedance that or his team mates work harder when he plays cause hes such a goon hell kick there ass if they dont.....

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
When Kassian plays:
6-2-3

Yeah, keep him out, he's ruining our chance at a lottery pick (oops we don't have a pick)
Don't complicate things coach. When kassian plays, team wins.
Since he's been out of the lineup:
3-6-0

This sounds curiously like the argument people were making when defending Brian Lee.

Just a reminder: Correlation ≠ Causation.

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
i bet my dad's life hes playing on Saturday...

And it would be a damn shame if he takes hoffman out of the line up, a damn shame..

If it's Hoffman, Conacher or Condra it's only a game. Yakupov has been a healthy this year no big deal, but you know people will make a big deal out of it.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
I'm just going to hang out in this thread for a while. It's so peaceful here...

Good times.
Good vibes.
Feeling the positivity flowing over me like a waterfall.

2zLzb.gif

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
I'm just going to hang out in this thread for a while. It's so peaceful here...

Good times.
Good vibes.
Feeling the positivity flowing over me like a waterfall.

2zLzb.gif

I reject your statement and disagree whole heartedly. Further more, i am astonished that you could write something so controversial.

For shame

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
This sounds curiously like the argument people were making when defending Brian Lee.

Just a reminder: Correlation ≠ Causation.

chris phillips scores, team wins. forget trying to understand it. just dress kassian and put phillips in front of the net. (think i just realized why maclean plays phillips on the pp so much)

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Phillips on pace for over 30 pts. His best offensive season

Gothenburg 40*

Rogers won that TV deal meaning that the Senators will hopefully get their own broadcasters (Dean and Denis) for the playoffs instead of Toronto's biased and silly broadcasters, when or if Ottawa ever makes it to the postseason again.

Niv

Registered Hater
Sep 22, 2009
Ottawa
Rogers won that TV deal meaning that the Senators will hopefully get their own broadcasters (Dean and Denis) for the playoffs instead of Toronto's biased and silly broadcasters, when or if Ottawa ever makes it to the postseason again.

Good point, never thought of that before. Unfortunately that means we get stuck with Sportsnet's annoying and silly broadcasters in between periods.

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
So Ceci and Pageau are up from Bingo and they score and Cowen is great and plays 26 minutes back from suspension. We beat a Western powerhouse team. Plus we are only 3 points back of the Leafs and 5 back of the Red Wings for a playoff spot now.

In our division only Boston seems uncatchable to me. Habs, Lightning, Wings and Leafs all have weaknesses and could be caught on the next 45-50 games.

Things are looking OK and more positive these days for the Senators.

burf

Mar 27, 2012
Good point, never thought of that before. Unfortunately that means we get stuck with Sportsnet's annoying and silly broadcasters in between periods.

I'm hoping against hope that when the Sens TV contract comes up at the end of the year, TSN wins the rights. The production values, intermission panel (TSN intermission is actually relevant and worth watching, while Sportsnet is godawful), and commentary on TSN just blow Sportsnet out of the water.

We have outshot the other team 7 games in a row

Not only that, but we've won the 5v5 possession battle the last 12 games straight, and 10 games straight if you only look at score-close possession (which is a better metric of team performance). The Sens are up to 14th in the league in Fenclose, and it's only going up up up. If this play continues, and our goaltending stabilizes (ie. Lehner gets more starts), I really have hope that we can make the playoffs this year.

e: I should also add that Spezza has gone from being a ~43% possession player earlier in the year to a 50% possession player now. And it's been reflected in his play, since you don't see him getting stuck in the D-zone for shifts at a time anymore, and his line is often driving play. While a lot of that can be attributed to playing with the 3 best possession players on the team over the past while (Mac/Zib/Condra), it also points to how he's getting back into his groove and finding his game again.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad