Confirmed Signing with Link: [TBL] F Niko Huuhtanen signs ELC with the Lightning (3 years, $867.5k AAV)

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
Not a TB fan, but for me, that's one interesting prospect, last 2021 draft pick but developed nicely into the pros, in the Liiga at least. For some reasons, I hope he makes it.

OKR

Nov 18, 2015
Will be interesting to see if he can find a way to make it work in the NHL with his skating, It’s his main weakness, but it’s a glaring weakness. He still got time to work on it, but it needs serious work.

He really shot himself in the foot by being notoriously lazy trainer in his early years, had he worked on his skating back then he could be a blue chip prospect, he has all the other tools.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Not a TB fan, but for me, that's one interesting prospect, last 2021 draft pick but developed nicely into the pros, in the Liiga at least. For some reasons, I hope he makes it.
Didn't realize he was also the last pick of the draft. Maybe this is their Palat regen.

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
Will be interesting to see if he can find a way to make it work in the NHL with his skating, It’s his main weakness, but it’s a glaring weakness. He still got time to work on it, but it needs serious work.

He really shot himself in the foot by being notoriously lazy trainer in his early years, had he worked on his skating back then he could be a blue chip prospect, he has all the other tools.
Tampa has a really good skating coach in Barb Underhill. Point was a pretty bad skater in his draft year too, so were a lot of Tampa skaters, Barb does wonders if people are willing to learn. I have been excited about Niko for a couple seasons, so I am happy to see him sign and get a shot.

Reactions: Major4Boarding

QuizGuy66

Sep 12, 2011
This is the part of the season where the transactions all seem to involve guys with crazy knows. I dunno even Huu this guy is.

LaMasquerade

Mar 11, 2018
Tampere
This is the part of the season where the transactions all seem to involve guys with crazy knows. I dunno even Huu this guy is.
After draft he had semi-good season in WHL (65 games with 37+40=77, and 5+5 in 5 playoff games).
Then couple of seasons in Liiga (with Jukurit under Olli Jokinen's coaching) where he's been pretty good. Last season 46 points in 52 games, which is not bad for 20 year old kid in low-scoring league (lead his team scoring).
BTW. In his first Liiga season he was selected rookie of the year and won rookie scoring.

Last edited:

Thechozen1

Sep 8, 2021
Tampa has a really good skating coach in Barb Underhill. Point was a pretty bad skater in his draft year too, so were a lot of Tampa skaters, Barb does wonders if people are willing to learn. I have been excited about Niko for a couple seasons, so I am happy to see him sign and get a shot.
Rutger McGroarty for the Jets also has her as his personal coach.

Reactions: DistantThunderRep

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad