Official 2013-14 "Stay Positive/ Silver Linings" Thread

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Not many players going to the Olympics so after the break we§ll be fresh and rearin' to go while everyone else"s stars are beat up!

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Anyone wanna talk possitive any more? lol.

God damnit... the maelstrom of sewage that these boards have become is even permeating into the "Stay Positive" thread?

That's it. I can't spend the rest of the season on these boards, it's a goddamned circus.

I'll see you guys on April 13th. Hopefully it won't be our last game of the year.

83DIZ65

Sep 8, 2011
halifax
...wow I didn't actually mean to come off in a negative light there just trying to get convo in a more positive thread rolling again. sorry guys. I'm excited about DaBOSTA's play lately gotta say. And Andy was beast last night great to see him bounce back so well...especially against pitts.
Also I'm always happy when we steal a point. Thanks again Andy.

RingoCalamity

Oct 25, 2006
There's a lot to like about this team. I love the strides made by Turris. He's a #1 centre in my opinion, his 200 foot play more than makes up for any lack of offence.

MacArthur has been probably the best free agent this team has ever signed. Shudder to think where we'd be without him.

Zibanejad is right on track. He's good now and will only get better, although progress isn't always a straight line and I hope people can remember that when he has an off game.

Ceci has been a wonderful surprise. I don't think anyone expected him to be so polished and poised already.

This will be more controversial, but I think Gryba has been really good, and is still improving. Between him, Methot, Cowen, and Borowiecki, I am starting to come around to the idea of trading Phillips, even though I'd much rather see him retire a Senator.

I could go on, but those are some of the bright spots to me. This team has a lot more good than bad.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
A lot of the young kids are showing great signs. Especially Ceci. Da Costa has definitely earned a chance to get another contract, either with Ottawa or another NHL team. Cowen is getting better...not all there yet, but considering where he was in October, it's been a nice improvement.

The defense as a whole has been better at clearing rebounds and helping out the netminders.

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
How can people be upset now. We have been good for over a month and even with a mini "cold streak" we are close to a playoff spot

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Anderson had his best game since last year's playoffs.

He was excellent positionally and was so calm against the dynamic Penguins.

I don't think there has ever been a game this year where I didn't cringe at a positional mistake by Anderson which did or didn't cost us. Last night was different though, he was flawless.

Also, DaCosta finally seems to be proving his NHL worth. Could be a huge trading piece or could be a good producer for us. He was the best player last night.

Gryba and Methot have picked up their games huge. So has Cowen.

Karlsson is +1 in past 2 games where we've allowed 8 goals, lol.

Proust*

Dec 8, 2010
Sens dominated the Pens last night. Went round-for-round to the final bell with the 2014 Stanley Cup Champions.

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
www.storiesnumberstell.com
DaCosta's goal was highlight reel material.

Andy was insanely good.

We picked up a point against a very good team that has only one loss in its last 15 home games. Impressive.

We picked up a point in the standings and inched closer to the last wildcard spot.

Gryba was excellent. Cowen had a few very solid plays, and was very physical.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad