Official 2013-14 "Stay Positive/ Silver Linings" Thread

SenzZen

RIP, GOAT
Jan 31, 2011
Ottawa
bon_jovi_keep_the_faith_front.jpg

sens613

Apr 12, 2012
Karlsson is skating much better and with more confidence. Hoffman is given a chance meaning management also realizes we needed a shake up and are sticking to the best players ay mantra.

Here I Pageau Again

Jul 4, 2012
Good idea

2 positives :

MacArthur is simply amazing and Turris is breaking out nicely. They're 28 and 24, young and cheap

MacArthur is a crazy positive. Honestly, I'd say he's the Sens best player this year. And regardless of what Leafs fans think or say about him, he's better than the player he was when he played for the them (I watched lots of Leafs games when he was "good" on the team). He's defensive, he hits, he's got wicked work ethic and everything he's shown has been great. Plus he's cheap and young and works well with Turris and Ryan!

And I'd have to say Karlsson is playing better as of late, its just the rest of the D sucks... and since he's a high risk-high reward type player, he's not completely helping the team at all times. But I think his skating is improved, and he's getting confidence back.

LynxBud

Nov 27, 2013
Gloucester
Ryan's been an awesome addition to the team. Wouldn't be surprised if he hit 40 goals even with the team struggling.
Turris has had a great year and has arguably become the best center on the team. Spezza's a little up and down.
I didn't think much of the MacArthur signing, but damn what a steal. The team needs more players like him.
Karlsson is looking like his old self which is incredible to see. He's putting up incredible numbers while the team struggles.
Zibby's also having a phenomenal season after being demoted to the farm to start the season. Can't see that happening again, especially playing like he is.

So there are some bright spots so far this season, but if I'm being honest, I don't have all that much faith in this team right now. I can't honestly believe that management is committed to winning right now and that puts a serious damper on any faith I have in this team even making the playoffs this year.

With that said, I'm not throwing in the towel until at least the halfway mark of the season. It'll be a combination of where Ottawa stands as well as where Boston, Detroit, Tampa, Montreal, and Toronto stand. Barely over a quarter into the season and we're seven points out of a playoff spot. That's worrisome.

Jerk Store*

MacArthur is so awesome. My kinda player. Hustles, goes in the corners, goes to the net, responsible defensively, fast. Love the guy!

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
lots of positives actually.

-ryan looks really good and is on pace for his best yr and close to 40 goals
-macarthur looks just as good and at least on the ice has replaced what alfie was doing for us last couple years
-karlsson is skating much better (thank god). see last game against det
-zibby is scoring and looking more comfortable
-lehner is getting starts/experience and not regressing
-corvo has looked real good imo and is on pace for 40 pts
-boro looked great while he was here and showed he can help this team
-smith is looking much better than last year
-Bingo is full of exciting young players!

83DIZ65

Sep 8, 2011
halifax
im personally very excited going forward looking at whats in our system i dont think were far from a contender really a few tweaks would make a huge impact but its not likely those tweaks will happen. but either way im gonna keep hopin we turn this around. and if not that at least the management makes smart decisions going forward.

83DIZ65

Sep 8, 2011
halifax
it is time to win take a look at our scedule this month could easily get us back on track. we play buffalo twice florida twice win those games and go .500 the rest were back over .500 by the end of the month.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Thought after the week we've had, and with the win tonight against Florida, we ought to have a thread where we can be positive about the 2013/14 season... For instance:
- We're 3rd in the East in "Goals For"
- we're only 2 points out of a playoff spot, with 50+ games to go.
- we don't play in the West (thank god)

Thread Rules:
1) Be Positive
2) Don't Not Be Positive

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
Bobby Ryan and Clarke MacArthur have been amazing additions

Kyle Turris is definitely for real and better then last season.

Zibanejad has been very good since being called up.

Lehner has continued his consistently excellent his excellent NHL play this season.

We have a ton of cap room now and in future seasons to add to our roster.

Karlsson is on pace for an 80 or 90 point season and his all around game has improved from the start of the season.

Spezza has had a bad start, he will improve and be more effective and score points... Key is he has only missed 1 game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad