Office of Strategic Planning - Tank Talk 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
2-5 in last 7. Last place in the division, though we have played far fewer games. Impact players, though passing the eye test, aren’t getting in the scoreboard enough. Parise is 15-20 minutes a night of watching our team get mauled, and we’ve got 4 more years of him.

Actually though I do like the young prices we have. Hopefully Brackett can hit with what has a good chance to be two top 15 picks.

IHaveNoCreativity

May 5, 2012
Somewhere in Quebec.
2-5 in last 7. Last place in the division, though we have played far fewer games. Impact players, though passing the eye test, aren’t getting in the scoreboard enough. Parise is 15-20 minutes a night of watching our team get mauled, and we’ve got 4 more years of him.

Actually though I do like the young prices we have. Hopefully Brackett can hit with what has a good chance to be two top 15 picks.
Could be 1 top 10, maybe 2 if we’re lucky.

keppel146

Jun 4, 2010
MinneSOta

I really hope Parise waives, but he’s not exactly playing well.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I don't have faith in our team commitment to the tank, nor PIT's. Feel like we will find a way to some gritty wins, and the CA and ARI teams are stiff competition when it comes to being crap.

A couple of key injuries or Covid complications could sink (help, for the purposes of this thread) our chances, though. If either Kap, Fiala, or a couple of our top 4 go down for a period we are in trouble because the schedule is so compressed.

PIT would need Hextall to start a rebuild on the fly. He's a crazy dude, but not stupid, so i don't see it happening.

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
I don't have faith in our team commitment to the tank, nor PIT's. Feel like we will find a way to some gritty wins, and the CA and ARI teams are stiff competition when it comes to being crap.

A couple of key injuries or Covid complications could sink (help, for the purposes of this thread) our chances, though. If either Kap, Fiala, or a couple of our top 4 go down for a period we are in trouble because the schedule is so compressed.

PIT would need Hextall to start a rebuild on the fly. He's a crazy dude, but not stupid, so i don't see it happening.
We just need them to miss the playoffs. I’m not asking for a top 5 pick, but 10-15 would be nice.

Reactions: keppel146

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
Is it top 4 in each division making the playoffs, or top 8 in what used to be the East and West conference?
Top 4 in each division. Playoffs is divisional for the first two rounds. 2 of NYI, WSH, PITT, NJD are gonna make the playoffs.

123TripleDoge

Nov 24, 2014
Read some of those talks about changing the draft lottery. Whatever they decide, I'm sure it'll screw the Wild somehow.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Top 4 in each division. Playoffs is divisional for the first two rounds. 2 of NYI, WSH, PITT, NJD are gonna make the playoffs.
Seems like a tossup. Can't see NYI missing out, even though they had a slow start. It's between WAS and PIT, unless NJD shock the world. Covid, of course, could change everything.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
Read some of those talks about changing the draft lottery. Whatever they decide, I'm sure it'll screw the Wild somehow.
This is the way

Seems like a tossup. Can't see NYI missing out, even though they had a slow start. It's between WAS and PIT, unless NJD shock the world. Covid, of course, could change everything.
Depends if pit actually gets fleury and then more so is he gonna be good or bad in net? Hopefully they do a bit of selling and it really screws them

Last edited by a moderator:

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
So, both us and PIT might get screwed, but only one of said screwings will feel good?

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
I’ve been impressed by the devils this year. Blackwood is legit, as well.

IHaveNoCreativity

May 5, 2012
Somewhere in Quebec.

It’s not happening in Pittsburgh this year.

but Guerin isn’t dumb he’s going to blow it up sooner or later, the writing is on the wall we aren’t winning and don’t have the assets to get better in the short term.

physicaIgraffiti

Sponsor
Jul 31, 2012
The way the schedule looks the rest of the season may benefit the tank. 5 of the next 6 games are against the California teams and who knows how many of these we'll still look rough coming off the 2 week break, plus be missing some players still.

After that, the vast majority of our season is against the other 4 teams in the division. Only 4 of 16 games in March against Cali teams, then 4 of 17 in April, and 2 of 5 in May. Unless this team suddenly gets good, we're gonna lose a lot the rest of the way.

StateofCelly

Jan 5, 2017
Thus far, I'm not totally sure

Kind of tough to really look at his moves right now and come to a conclusion with any conviction. No way his whole vision can be completely realized when he was hired so close to the start of last season, and dealt with a pandemic to pause the first season and now this for his second. Cap implications and just general plans have had to change to adapt. I agree some of the signings don't look the best, but at the same time I don't think his vision involved what is going on in the world right now.

StateofCelly

Jan 5, 2017
It’s not happening in Pittsburgh this year.

but Guerin isn’t dumb he’s going to blow it up sooner or later, the writing is on the wall we aren’t winning and don’t have the assets to get better in the short term.

With all the quarantine rules and cap, I have a feeling this trade deadline is going to be slow and sucks for a team like ours with so many expiring contracts. Years past they would be sure bets to move but this year I don't know that there are any guarantees that teams are going to buy in the same fashion. Canadian teams would have the 14 day quarantine, just lots of hurdles.

Reactions: Victorious Secret

IHaveNoCreativity

May 5, 2012
Somewhere in Quebec.
With all the quarantine rules and cap, I have a feeling this trade deadline is going to be slow and sucks for a team like ours with so many expiring contracts. Years past they would be sure bets to move but this year I don't know that there are any guarantees that teams are going to buy in the same fashion. Canadian teams would have the 14 day quarantine, just lots of hurdles.
Yea but there’s like 4 CDN buying teams, and they don’t have tons of space or holes.

the quarantine really sucks, but not much we can do. It might be different in April though because we’re finally getting a bunch of vaccines. We shall see.

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
Big tilt tonight against Anahiem. A loss is needed to keep us towards the bottom of the standings

keppel146

Jun 4, 2010
MinneSOta
I think we have no choice but to tank next year too. I don’t see any trades happening with the cap (and FLA playing well), and there are no great FA. The top 5, maybe even the top 10 of the ‘22 draft might be too good to pass up on. So unless we trade for Eichel, let’s keep adding to our pool.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I think we have no choice but to tank next year too. I don’t see any trades happening with the cap (and FLA playing well), and there are no great FA. The top 5, maybe even the top 10 of the ‘22 draft might be too good to pass up on. So unless we trade for Eichel, let’s keep adding to our pool.
I don't get the want for the perpetual tank.

You get that much losing ingrained into a franchise, it's hell to get out of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad