Office of Strategic Planning - Tank Talk 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
We're a bubble team that still has a real chance at making the playoffs as a wild card in a weak west.

You can't count out the tank barring some major injuries etc.

Which those injuries are going to be exponential if it is on the blue line. I don't think we've had a season yet where Dumba, Spurgeon, Brodin (one of them at least) wasn't out for a significant chunk of a season yet. That already hurt, even with Suter still here. Now...what does it look like if one (or more) go down for 15-20 games?

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
Which those injuries are going to be exponential if it is on the blue line. I don't think we've had a season yet where Dumba, Spurgeon, Brodin (one of them at least) wasn't out for a significant chunk of a season yet. That already hurt, even with Suter still here. Now...what does it look like if one (or more) go down for 15-20 games?
Not as bad as some will make it out to be

keppel146

Jun 4, 2010
MinneSOta
Biggest question mark is the schedule. Last year has a big asterisk next to it as you only played a fraction of the league imo. We could be a bottom 10 team easily.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
Input 1 = positive prior season - check
Input 2 = replace key departures - check
Input 3 = influx of high-end young talent - check
Input 4 = cap situation materially unchanged from status quo - check
Input 5 - Victor Rask is still on the roster - check

Run = function (hfboards_minnesota_wild, Input 1, Input 2, Input 3, Input 4, Input 5)

Output = Minnesota Wild are about to fall of the cliff

guitarhunterdude

Jan 2, 2017
'Sota
Last summer was also a summer of negativity and then the Wild turned out to be better than expected.
We got to play a slew of really bad teams, and one very good team who we just match up well against for some reason, and did okay at it. I think this year will really expose a lot of issues we didn't see against the west last year. They did not look like a good team against Colorado or St Louis and I'm not seeing improvement unless Boldy/Rossi step in and are instant stars.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
So if Kaprizov is gone, and a moaning Fiala who didn't get his 8 million a year...next season looks great :D

GuerinUp

Aug 1, 2009
Columbia Heights, MN
If Kirill is in Russia next year how we feelin?

upload_2021-8-10_15-45-7.jpeg

Reactions: TheSauceBoss

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
If Kirill is in Russia next year how we feelin?
Will definitely sting but at least it might push us toward a full rebuild. With the cap buyouts and our already deep prospect pool, I think we come out of it with a ton of young talent. PDO, goaltending and weak schedule last year suggest a rude awakening is coming this fall.

Drewcifer

Oct 10, 2006
Minneapolis
If the Wild could get multiple good prospects and picks for Kaprizov, plus be really bad for the next couple of years it may be a short rebuild. One of the knock on effects of trading Kaprizov for prospects and picks would be that the Wild would also probably be bad enough to draft high for a few seasons.

HobeyBroten

Jul 12, 2012
We got to play a slew of really bad teams, and one very good team who we just match up well against for some reason, and did okay at it. I think this year will really expose a lot of issues we didn't see against the west last year. They did not look like a good team against Colorado or St Louis and I'm not seeing improvement unless Boldy/Rossi step in and are instant stars.
How do we know that playing this year against the other divisions we don't pair well with other teams? I wouldn't say the west is a weak division, more or less there are two teams playing for 1st two playing for 3rd and the rest are just fighting to not be last. I'm not sure where we are, but I know we're not fighting for 1st.

I don't think last year was necessarily a fluke, but maybe a sign of what may come if the kids get more playing time. That, along with a full year under new coaching and now with a new culture in the locker room? I think regardless of what happens between now and opening day, there is a hell of a lot of opportunity for the youngsters to step up, not just on the ice, but also in the locker room.

I'm excited for that.

guitarhunterdude

Jan 2, 2017
'Sota
How do we know that playing this year against the other divisions we don't pair well with other teams? I wouldn't say the west is a weak division, more or less there are two teams playing for 1st two playing for 3rd and the rest are just fighting to not be last. I'm not sure where we are, but I know we're not fighting for 1st.

I don't think last year was necessarily a fluke, but maybe a sign of what may come if the kids get more playing time. That, along with a full year under new coaching and now with a new culture in the locker room? I think regardless of what happens between now and opening day, there is a hell of a lot of opportunity for the youngsters to step up, not just on the ice, but also in the locker room.

I'm excited for that.
I'm kinda looking forward to the next few years as well, even if I don't expect the results to be great. Will be exciting to see what happens with Rossi, Boldy and whoever else we draft in that period.

Reactions: Soldier13Fox
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad