OT - NO POLITICS Off Topic Thread: Work sucks, I know

Status
Not open for further replies.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
I feel bad for these child skaters. Their coaches do NOT care about them. They'll make them take anything. They are consistently abused. They have no choice. It's a very sad situation and until they can stop this obvious abuse by these coaches on these literal children, nothing will change.

The only time I felt sympathy for Valieva was after her free skate. Clearly the pressure/fallout had gotten to her & she fell a few times. Instead of comforting her when she got off the ice her coach tore her to shreds. It was so bad even the President of the IOC commented on it. I felt so bad for her.

Reactions: Alicat and Mione134

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Indeed. Use seemingly based on very flimsy evidence and holding considerable risk. Such a shame. Valieva is clearly incredibly talented, regardless of what she's been given to ingest. Talent wasted through the stupidity of others.

Yeah, that's what makes it even worse for her, a literal kid. They gave her something that a) might not have actually helped and b) she probably didn't need even of it did give her a tiny edge.

But considering the wide-spread government sanctioned cheating program by Russia it's not a surprise. Doesn't make it less gross, just not a surprise.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Nothing like a water leak in your bathroom first thing in the morning.....

Very weird. Parts of two bath mats were wet, plus a spot between the toilet and cabinet. But I couldn't find where it was coming from. Toilet not leaking, sink not leaking, ceiling not leaking, nothing in the cabinets was leaking. Finally realized water seemed to be coming up through the floor because as soon as I wiped it up, more appeared.

Called apartment maintenance. They came and looked, said it didn't appear to be coming from anything in my apartment. They said the neighbors next door are moving out today, they are going to see if there's an issue over there.

It's either that or my apartment is about to be swallowed by a sinkhole, I guess. :laugh: :help: Nothing would surprise me these days...

Edit: they are now going up to second floor, yelling "maintenance!" so apparently it's not coming from the next door neighbor.

:popcorn:

And now, the sounds of drilling LOL this one must be a doozy

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Ladyfan and BMC

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
The verdict:

A continuously running toilet with a leaking wax ring.

Not my toilet.

Not the one in the apartment next to mine.

Not the one in the apartment above mine.

The one in the apartment next to the apartment above mine.

Water leaks are crazy, man.

• Wow
Reactions: BMC and Ladyfan

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
Day one of a two day course on applied suicide intervention. Suicide first aid, if you will. Heavy, but wanted to do something in honour of losing my best friend ten years ago next month.
Heavy but definitely needed, thank you for doing what you can to help. It is a crisis and people still avoid talking about it. Hugs to you and everyone else who has been touched by suicide.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Day one of a two day course on applied suicide intervention. Suicide first aid, if you will. Heavy, but wanted to do something in honour of losing my best friend ten years ago next month.
Good on you. Suicide is very difficult to deal with.

We here on HF have lost good one(s).

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston

Very weird. Parts of two bath mats were wet, plus a spot between the toilet and cabinet. But I couldn't find where it was coming from. Toilet not leaking, sink not leaking, ceiling not leaking, nothing in the cabinets was leaking. Finally realized water seemed to be coming up through the floor because as soon as I wiped it up, more appeared.

Called apartment maintenance. They came and looked, said it didn't appear to be coming from anything in my apartment. They said the neighbors next door are moving out today, they are going to see if there's an issue over there.

It's either that or my apartment is about to be swallowed by a sinkhole, I guess. :laugh: :help: Nothing would surprise me these days...

Edit: they are now going up to second floor, yelling "maintenance!" so apparently it's not coming from the next door neighbor.

Take pictures of everything! I hope it doesn't get into the rest of your apartment!

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
The verdict:

A continuously running toilet with a leaking wax ring.

Not my toilet.

Not the one in the apartment next to mine.

Not the one in the apartment above mine.

The one in the apartment next to the apartment above mine.

Water leaks are crazy, man.
They are indeed. The damage water causes is costly and often you can't see it untill it is too late

Reactions: BMC

shelbysdad

Nov 21, 2006
Red Hook, NY

Better than my Saturday night....the main drain to the septic plugged. There is a weird junction of pipes where stuff can catch...I will spare the details of what kind of water was coming out in the basement, and what I found in the pipe....in a nutshell, all the water has to be drained out of the pipe....set up a garbage can in the basement with a sump pump and a hose to pump it outside ....at least I saved an emergency plumbing fee which I'm sure would have been at least $500

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Better than my Saturday night....the main drain to the septic plugged. There is a weird junction of pipes where stuff can catch...I will spare the details of what kind of water was coming out in the basement, and what I found in the pipe....in a nutshell, all the water has to be drained out of the pipe....set up a garbage can in the basement with a sump pump and a hose to pump it outside ....at least I saved an emergency plumbing fee which I'm sure would have been at least $500
Yuck!!!

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Long babysitting day today.

Miss Rachel has been on for about 3 hours now. I know it's educational, and it's this generations Mr Rogers Neighborhood, after 3 hours I'm losing it :laugh:

She already took of her bow and now is eating a Starbucks cake pop because I love to spoil.
20240130_131004.jpg

I'm going to try to put on Frozen or Encanto. Her two favorites but when Miss Rachel is on, it's MISS RACHEL TIME!

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
What creeps me out are the stories of sinkholes just opening up under a house with no warning. That happened to a guy in Florida, while he was sleeping one opened up and half the house dropped into it. They couldn't reach him and he basically died alone in a sinkhole.

Incredibly heartbreaking. And his poor brother :cry:

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
I'd like to change my answer to the Monday 1

It's water lol. Water terrifies me. Once it leaks one time it's gonna happen again and again, and get worse
I lost almost everything when a 75 gallon hot water tank went in the apartment above me in the middle of the day when no one was home. It was brutal. Insurance was a lifesaver but I know my complex cheaped out on the repairs. One look at the ceiling and you know they didn't mud the seams in the drywall. There's mold too especially in the bathroom.

This is a large part of why everything I own is mostly in clear plastic bins and why packing won't take me nearly as long to do.

They will have to gut this entire apartment to the studs before renting it again and if they don't, then the problems will persist.

• Wow
Reactions: BMC and TD Charlie

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
I'd like to change my answer to the Monday 1

It's water lol. Water terrifies me. Once it leaks one time it's gonna happen again and again, and get worse
i remember last year i came home to a flooded basement of hot water.
The washer moved during a cycle which made the connection come off. Hot water everywhere,
Ever since then I try to be home when the washer is going.

Reactions: BMC and Alicat

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
i remember last year i came home to a flooded basement of hot water.
The washer moved during a cycle which made the connection come off. Hot water everywhere,
Ever since then I try to be home when the washer is going.
Woof. Of course it had to be hot water too. That sounds miserable.

Last year my dishwasher flooded my kitchen, and my father's kitchen downstairs. Mice chewed through the discharge hose so it pissed everywhere.

My basement has flooded a few times but there's nothing down there but rocks. The furnace and water heaters are on concrete blocks.

Reactions: BMC

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
What creeps me out are the stories of sinkholes just opening up under a house with no warning. That happened to a guy in Florida, while he was sleeping one opened up and half the house dropped into it. They couldn't reach him and he basically died alone in a sinkhole.

Incredibly heartbreaking. And his poor brother :cry:

Ya thats terrifying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad