OT - NO POLITICS Off Topic Thread: Work sucks, I know

Status
Not open for further replies.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
heavy snow this morning. damn.
Had to shower again after shovelling before heading into work. Didnt realize there was that much. 8" of cement.
I cleared a path to the street with a shovel so the kids could get out but I'm doing the rest with the snow blower. That shit is heavy.

Reactions: Alicat

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Glad they disqualified her. It is a shame that they didn't do this prior to the US Figure Skating Championships this past weekend.

The team medals now go to USA (gold), Japan (silver) and Canada (bronze)

Last edited:
Reactions: TD Charlie

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
With no hockey for us in the next week, I think we need:

@NeelyDan 's Monday One, Tuesday Two, Wednesday Three, Thursday Four, Friday Five and maybe he can have the weekend off.

You make me happy lil caz

Maybe folks could message @NeelyDan with possible questions for him to use?

great idea.

couple of requests from Mod staff.

please keep it to this general thread.
please keep it away from political things.
we’ve been bumping the guard rail.

thanks.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Fortunately we got a smidge more than a dusting here.

Extra fortunately my husband has the day off so can clear the walkway, driveway, and my car.

Reactions: TD Charlie

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
Much needed snow day today to let the work situation breathe.

I’ve requested a meeting with my boss and his boss to put my cards in the table in “an open, honest conversation”.

I’ll go about it the right way and let the chips fall where they may.

When I look at my little boy, it puts it all in perspective.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Much needed snow day today to let the work situation breathe.

I’ve requested a meeting with my boss and his boss to put my cards in the table in “an open, honest conversation”.

I’ll go about it the right way and let the chips fall where they may.

When I look at my little boy, it puts it all in perspective.
I just let out a nice fat breath for ya. So happy that you’re advocating for yourself, in a very healthy and respectful manner. You’ve played the internal struggle game long enough, and i hope the powers that be are able to really listen and hear you out!

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
It’s looking like we may have found a house. 1800 sq ft. 3 big bedrooms. Big living room. Big dining room that we would slap French doors on and make an office/peloton room. Walk up attic. Basement is roughed for a full bathroom. Just one bathroom in the house.

It needs a kitchen, bathroom, heating system, 200 amp service, lots of dry wall and ceilings, new lighting everywhere, a few windows, refinished floors, some landscaping work, a bathroom in the basement, and 550 sq ft of added finished space down there as well

Even without all of the work, just as is, it’s already more expensive than any other home I’ve purchased. Not to mention taxes are thousands more now, and rates are more than double what I’m locked in at now

I’m excited. Scared. All of the things
Good luck Chuck!

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
Glad they disqualified her. It is a shame that they didn't do this prior to the US Figure Skating Championships this past weekend.

The team medals now go to USA (gold), Japan (silver) and Canada (bronze)

Sorry its a big yawn from me.

To keep it simple, I dont believe for one second there is a single clean athlete at the "good enough to medal" level in the Olympics.

Reactions: Gordoff

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
NeelyDan's Monday One:

What type of Natural "Disaster" are you most fascinated (or scared of etc) with - i.e. hurricanes, tornadoes, asteroid collisions, volcanoes, earthquakes, floods, avalanches, sun going nova, a new Ice Age, tsunami, you get the idea

Just moving this over since the thread is locked now.

My biggest fear is the wind so it has to be tornadoes, we don't get hurricanes up here so they aren't a factor.

When I worked at Cashway Building Centre's head office, I took care of buying the lift trucks for all locations. We had a store in Orangeville and a tornado hit it, I wish I had the photo but the lift truck ended up in a tree, our store employees hid under the big, heavy lumber desk and no one was hurt. Needless to say, I bought them a new lift truck.

As @Alicat mentioned in her answer, the beauty of these storms is incredible. Such a fascinating subject.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
NeelyDan's Monday One:

What type of Natural "Disaster" are you most fascinated (or scared of etc) with - i.e. hurricanes, tornadoes, asteroid collisions, volcanoes, earthquakes, floods, avalanches, sun going nova, a new Ice Age, tsunami, you get the idea

My biggest fear is the wind so it has to be tornadoes, we don't get hurricanes up here so they aren't a factor.

When I worked at Cashway Building Centre's head office, I took care of buying the lift trucks for all locations. We had a store in Orangeville and a tornado hit it, I wish I had the photo but the lift truck ended up in a tree, our store employees hid under the big, heavy lumber desk and no one was hurt. Needless to say, I bought them a new lift truck.

As @Alicat mentioned in her answer, the beauty of these storms is incredible. Such a fascinating subject.

Fascination is volcanoes. One of the most fascinating things I've done out here is go to Mt St Helens. The amount of ash that is still there is amazing, but the observatory at the base of the mountain is truly awe inspiring. It's an uninterrupted panorama of a mountain that literally blew itself apart. It's even creepier up there because you can see Rainier and Hood and know they are identical to St Helens and its just a matter of time.

20220821_113105.jpg

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Woah the Monday one actually happened

NeelyDan's Monday One:

Something like a sun supernova, or the Earth getting devoured by a black hole or smashed by an asteroid. I think it's because I don't totally understand it, and don't really know the likelihood of these events. What I do know is that it would be bad. Often I wonder what would happen in any such event, and then my brain goes down very dark paths of death and dying and oh look it's 4am already!

Reactions: BMC and NeelyDan

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I hate it. I feel like an 80 year old the way my joints hurt.
Magnesium Glycinate! My wife swears by it. I take a less expensive form of it and it stopped my leg cramps. I've been using Theraworx for them and it works in seconds but I recently found "Theraworx, Joint Relief." I haven't tried it yet but if it's from Theraworx, I like it.

Reactions: NeelyDan

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Magnesium Glycinate! My wife swears by it. I take a less expensive form of it and it stopped my leg cramps. I've been using Theraworx for them and it works in seconds but I recently found "Theraworx, Joint Relief." I haven't tried it yet but if it's from Theraworx, I like it.
I take a collegen pill (veggie based) every morning and it 100% helps. I have SI joint dysfunction from a number of injuries to my left leg so when it rains, they all let me know it lol.

I have been looking into magnesium suppliments so I will look into this :)

I just started the Omo app that mixes food and exercise tracking and intermittent fasting. I just have to scan the label of my food and for the most part it recognizes it and you can set your fasting times to whatever fits you. I'm doing 13:11 so I eat from 8am-7pm and then fast until 8am the next day.

Reactions: Gordoff and caz16

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
NeelyDan's Monday One:

I really enjoy the chocolate molten lava cake that comes as a dessert at some restaurants. So chocolaty with just enough vanilla ice cream. Yummy!

Last edited:

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
NeelyDan's Monday One:

I'm scared of all of them!

Fascinated? I guess intrigued would be the word I would use to describe a hurricane. The eye is intriguing to me.

But everything else? Terrifying. No thank you. Especially a tornado and earthquake. No f***ing thank you! Lol

Reactions: BMC and caz16

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
NeelyDan's Monday One:

Major wildfires, for the simple reason that they're the most likely thing to happen in my state, the most destructive and dangerous to life - I know people who have been killed in fires - and part of my job involves emergency response so if one does happen I'll be in an operational control center helping to coordinate evacuations, road closures, mapping, personnel deployments, logistics etc.

They can spread so fast and reach incredible sizes and intensities. Fortunately in my side of the state we've only had one semi-serious wildfire in the last 14 years, but it is only a matter of time 'til the next one. So far this summer has again been fairly mild and wet, so we're looking ok on that front so far.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad