OT: Off-Topic Thread-With each New Year.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
Just because I want others to feel old too, my boy Connor who many here have met celebrated his 22nd birthday last night!

:D

Nice to have him home. We all went to Via for dinner. Great food. Great wine. Real BDay not until Tuesday but hes a student/working man now.

I'm right there with you Wally. On Saturday, I met my son for a couple of beers at the Yard House before he was going out with friends. He even got to use his real ID! It's nice to be able to do that, but a little surreal. One thing he's running around in diapers, the next you're sharing a beer with him.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
When isn't it lately?

They had power issues this morning and were busing between three stations but forgot to tell any of their employees who were just standing around.

Thankfully the bus I took went express and I was on time for work.

I hope to hell the afternoon commute isn't this hellacious.

Monday's are bad enough as it is so this was the icing on the cake.

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
They had power issues this morning and were busing between three stations but forgot to tell any of their employees who were just standing around.

Yeah, Mondays suck. Except when your client tells you not to come in until Tuesday, so you have most of Monday to yourself to run errands until you have to head to the airport at 4. I almost forgot today was Monday.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA

They say new trains are coming in 2019 :popcorn:

The current Orange Line trains ran on the old Washington St elevated and they have worn out. Red Line still has cars that were built in 1969. New York and Montreal still run cars older than that but they never go outside.

What cripples the T is each line needs customized cars, as the height from track to platform is different on all 3 heavy rail lines.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner

The MBTA is really a cluster-**** isn't it? I don't know how you guys put up with it every single work day. Thank God for living in a small rural village.

WickedBruinsGirl

May 1, 2003
Cambridge
They say new trains are coming in 2019 :popcorn:

The current Orange Line trains ran on the old Washington St elevated and they have worn out. Red Line still has cars that were built in 1969. New York and Montreal still run cars older than that but they never go outside.

What cripples the T is each line needs customized cars, as the height from track to platform is different on all 3 heavy rail lines.

Out of all the lines, the blue line always seems the best and cleanest. I detest the orange line with a passion, but the green line isn't any better.

The best is waiting in an overheated Park Street station 20+ minutes for a train to North Station. My new routine has been walking from/to Charles MGH to avoid both orange and green.

Just got back from Maine so I get to do the whole T thing tomorrow. Have a job interview and then later a staff meeting with the new ownership at the Grille in the afternoon. Less nervous than I was when I received the call on Friday. Will be happy to make some money again.

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
upgraded to windows 10 because of this thread. way better than 8.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Out of all the lines, the blue line always seems the best and cleanest. I detest the orange line with a passion, but the green line isn't any better.

The best is waiting in an overheated Park Street station 20+ minutes for a train to North Station. My new routine has been walking from/to Charles MGH to avoid both orange and green.

Just got back from Maine so I get to do the whole T thing tomorrow. Have a job interview and then later a staff meeting with the new ownership at the Grille in the afternoon. Less nervous than I was when I received the call on Friday. Will be happy to make some money again.

Do you have to interview for your old job?

Will be interesting to see the changes the new ownership make to the Grille.

WickedBruinsGirl

May 1, 2003
Cambridge
upgraded to windows 10 because of this thread. way better than 8.

I'm about to do the same. Thanks thread.

Do you have to interview for your old job?

Will be interesting to see the changes the new ownership make to the Grille.

No, it's for another job at one of the other restaurants the new ownership also owns. They now have 10 total in the city. They're shorthanded at others so they're recruiting us I guess. A couple coworkers went today and Saturday for interviews.

I'm looking forward to the staff meeting tomorrow with the new GM. I've heard so many rumors within the past few months, it'll be good to actually talk to the source and see what their plans are.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner

Good luck!

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
I'm about to do the same. Thanks thread.

No, it's for another job at one of the other restaurants the new ownership also owns. They now have 10 total in the city. They're shorthanded at others so they're recruiting us I guess. A couple coworkers went today and Saturday for interviews.

I'm looking forward to the staff meeting tomorrow with the new GM. I've heard so many rumors within the past few months, it'll be good to actually talk to the source and see what their plans are.

Good luck!

I hope anyone who got rocked with the storms this morning are ok. Lots of rolling thunder and rain here in the southern part of Boston towards 95/93 but thankfully little wind.

Glad I got home from my workout before the storm rolled through.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Hail was just bouncing around the roof of Sissy K's like ping pong balls.

INSANE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad