OT: Off-Topic Thread-With each New Year.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

bruinsfan1970

Global Moderator
You know I always wonder what each year has in store. Will I ever win the Lottery? what about our Sports teams. Will the Bruins get back to their winning ways and make the play-offs? I am antsy to see how well they do with Don Sweeney as the new GM. Don was my favorite player in his era and I feel like he will get the team back in the play-offs and maybe one day will see them Hoist the Cup.But I am not antsy enough to wish the summer go by faster not after the winter we had.

Man Rocket

88+73
Jul 12, 2011
Almost done with physical therapy, can't wait to get off light duty. Shoulder surgery in January for a torn labrum. Just want to get back to normal...

qc

Aug 23, 2011
Lonnie is quite the authority on dry rubs though. :naughty:

Roll 4 Lines

Pastafarian!
Nov 6, 2008
In The Midnight Hour
Obviously you want to talk to Roll4 about this, as he's the resident expert here...

I make my own rubs and sauces, so can't really recommend a specific commercial rub.

I do love Asian flavors. A mixture of Ah-So, Hoisin and sweet chili sauce always works. Minced garlic, ginger and scallions, soy and rice wine vinegar will take it to the next level. Or any combination of the above.

Sorry, that may not be much help. Aside from recipes I've developed myself, I don't follow recipes, and rarely measure anything.

To me, the important thing about grilling chicken thighs is to cook them indirectly to an internal temp between 170 -180.

I'll be grilling boneless thighs tonight myself, with a big basket of fresh veggies.

Just wish I was cooking for a Bruins playoff party.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I make my own rubs and sauces, so can't really recommend a specific commercial rub.

I do love Asian flavors. A mixture of Ah-So, Hoisin and sweet chili sauce always works. Minced garlic, ginger and scallions, soy and rice wine vinegar will take it to the next level. Or any combination of the above.

Sorry, that may not be much help. Aside from recipes I've developed myself, I don't follow recipes, and rarely measure anything.

To me, the important thing about grilling chicken thighs is to cook them indirectly to an internal temp between 170 -180.

I'll be grilling boneless thighs tonight myself, with a big basket of fresh veggies.

Just wish I was cooking for a Bruins playoff party.

I wasn't talking about a commercial rub. I'm a BBQ novice compared to you, yet even I still make my own rub.

In terms of chicken thighs, we do a basic rub (consisting of salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, cayenne, chili powder, paprika, cumin and a few other things). Once they've been cooking we have a honey vinegar sauce that we brush on and finish it with.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
That's basically the rub I'm making lonnie. I'll try that last part. You make the honey vinegar sauce?

Yes sir. You take the honey and add some vinegar to taste. Then it caramelizes on the grill and it's really good. The honey vinegar goes on at the very end of the cooking process otherwise it gets really charred.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
After living in a town that has a drive in movie theater for nearly 6 years, we're finally ready to actually go. This is going to be the kids first time at a drive in, so we're excited even if it will likely turn into a complete **** show. Two 6 year olds and a 3 year old can sit still for a double feature, right?

Stone Clode

Kicks him, stunner!!
Jun 1, 2010
Swansea, MA
After living in a town that has a drive in movie theater for nearly 6 years, we're finally ready to actually go. This is going to be the kids first time at a drive in, so we're excited even if it will likely turn into a complete **** show. Two 6 year olds and a 3 year old can sit still for a double feature, right?

Absolutely...not. I'm 23 and I couldn't sit through a double feature. :laugh:

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Yes sir. You take the honey and add some vinegar to taste. Then it caramelizes on the grill and it's really good. The honey vinegar goes on at the very end of the cooking process otherwise it gets really charred.

What kind of vinegar you recommend? And how long do you cook it when applied? Two minutes?

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)

Love drive-ins, but it's an adventure with kids. The best bet if you have a van is to back it in and open the rear lid. That only works if the mosquitoes aren't bad though :laugh:

Kids had a good time, but last time we went (years ago, mine are 20,17,12 now) they were passed out in a candy/snack induced coma 10 minutes into the second movie :D

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
What kind of vinegar you recommend? And how long do you cook it when applied? Two minutes?

We use apple cider vinegar and it comes out great. I usually apply it for the last 5 minutes or so. Long enough to get tacky with some char, but not bone dry, if that makes sense. We have a basting brush and I do one side, flip it and then hit the other side. Then I watch to make sure it doesn't burn, because it will flame up if you're not careful. So a couple of minutes per side does the trick.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
We use apple cider vinegar and it comes out great. I usually apply it for the last 5 minutes or so. Long enough to get tacky with some char, but not bone dry, if that makes sense. We have a basting brush and I do one side, flip it and then hit the other side. Then I watch to make sure it doesn't burn, because it will flame up if you're not careful. So a couple of minutes per side does the trick.

Much obliged.

Man Rocket

88+73
Jul 12, 2011
Not mine, I never fly out of Logan.

Besides, sounds like a convenient excuse to me for your other "problem"?

:laugh:

considering all i do at work now is sit at a computer in the tower (even as i type this) and occasionally glace at my other screens and answer the radio, i have time to browse and post here all day long. that's why my posts have been flooding this board lately :laugh:

5a-1p expect lots of my nonsense :naughty:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad