OT: Off-Topic Thread-Whats the deal with these Crows waking me up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007
Me and my landlady just both ran to take the trash out after we heard the truck. I'm sure the people driving by were thrilled at my pajamas.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
Speaking at a large conference on Substance abuse here tonight, about 500 people, many politicians, business leaders etc...not sure why I was chosen to share my story but I was and already terribly nervous, a neat aspect of this evenings conference....no alcohol served prior/during or after

Congrats! And no worries. They're not expecting Lawrence Olivier, just a talk. :)

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport
I love that people are already freaking out about the traffic, parking bans for the World Series, plus Obama being in town to speak at Faneuil Hall....

.....and there are people that think Boston's urban system can handle an Olympic Games? Holy kee-rist.

MaineHockey1

Always watching!
Nov 13, 2007
Somewhere!
Speaking at a large conference on Substance abuse here tonight, about 500 people, many politicians, business leaders etc...not sure why I was chosen to share my story but I was and already terribly nervous, a neat aspect of this evenings conference....no alcohol served prior/during or after

Hope you did great :)

MaineHockey1

Always watching!
Nov 13, 2007
Somewhere!
My indoor cat is going to become an outdoor one if she doesn't stop running over my face in the middle of the night. Time to find the cat nip toy she has been playing with and throw it away.

CamFan81

HF Snob Agitator
Mar 22, 2009
RI
I love that people are already freaking out about the traffic, parking bans for the World Series, plus Obama being in town to speak at Faneuil Hall....

.....and there are people that think Boston's urban system can handle an Olympic Games? Holy kee-rist.

awesome timing :shakehead

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
My indoor cat is going to become an outdoor one if she doesn't stop running over my face in the middle of the night. Time to find the cat nip toy she has been playing with and throw it away.

One of my Coons got out this weekend while I was in NH (he is constantly trying). He came back in a couple of hours after they put some food out. I would let him out, but we have fox, coyotes, fisher cat, and now a bobcat in the area. He's big and a great cat, but not the brightest bulb, I don't think he would last long at night.

Thanks for the comments in last thread about the hockey tournament. It turned out were the only A team entered and the others were all AA. We lost both games on Saturday, but the kids had a blast at the hotel and it was a good learning experience for them on the ice about what they need to do better (mainly moving with and without the puck). They played hard the entire time, which as a coach, is about 80% of the battle.

Bit of an ugly incident in our last game against the Minuteman Flames. Puck was loose around the net, Refs were a little slow on the whistle, and there D cleared out one of our guys (which as a former d-man, I am totally cool with). However, two more of their players jumped the guy that was in the crease and then the other D and the goalie jumped our other wing that was just standing by the side of the net. The goalie was on top of him and hit him 3 or 4 times with the blocker to the head. Another coach told me after that this is a mandatory 1 year suspension per USA Hockey, but I'm not sure about that?

The Flames had two goalies dressed (this happened late 2nd period after they had just changed goalies). The refs should have tossed the goalie, but instead gave him only a double minor with no other penalties to any players involved (ours or theirs). Our HC asked that the refs at least make the kid go the bench if he would not toss him out, but he refused saying a double minor was enough. I am no angel and I love a chippy game, but throwing multiple punches should have gotten the kid tossed and even if the refs didn't, their coach should have pulled the kid off the ice (I would have in the same situation). No accountability, which is a huge problem in our society today.

Fortunately, the kids did not let it mar the rest of the evening, and probably had forgotten about it by the following morning. One of our coaches from another team recorded the game on his iPad and got the whole thing. Our coach tried to show it to the tournament director, but he refused to watch it, saying that's what he pays the refs for :laugh: What a dou**ebag! If we go to another tournament next year instead, I will not be upset in the slightest.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Just got out of the doctors. I took your advice Kovi, as well as others on here and was assertive and staunch when I called in. The receptionist was trying to give me the run around but I remained calm, but my tone was very stern. I'll spare you the words, but I finally, FINALLY got to see my doctor.

However, I wasnt given any medicine, even though my ear is still blocked. I was given a treatment for my asthma and told to keep using my inhaler, that these allergies/colds are brutal at the moment. Keep alternating with allegra, or try sudafed. If I don't feel a change or if my ear isn't feeling better in a week to come back.

Blah. At least I was FINALLY able to see him. And that idiot nurse saw me walking into the room and said "oh you're back again?" with a very condesending tone. Sassy.

Took everything in me not to take my shoe off and throw it at her face. :laugh:

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport
awesome timing :shakehead

enhanced-buzz-28638-1360686605-16.jpg

actually, since the presidential visit was planned before the red sox game, maybe it's "thanks red sox!!!11!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad