OT: Off Topic Thread-It's raining...AGAIN......

Status
Not open for further replies.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Condolences, BCB. You gave her a great life and should be proud. I have been living with one or more dogs in the house for close to 30 years. I can't imagine not having at least one around. I know the eerie feeling of it being just too quiet, and my advice is to get another, when you are ready. I can't think of a greater way to honor a pet who has passed than by rescuing another and saving a new life.
Agree and that will be one fortunate dog

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Condolences, BCB. You gave her a great life and should be proud. I have been living with one or more dogs in the house for close to 30 years. I can't imagine not having at least one around. I know the eerie feeling of it being just too quiet, and my advice is to get another, when you are ready. I can't think of a greater way to honor a pet who has passed than by rescuing another and saving a new life.

I agree although all of my pets have been cats.

In my adult life I've had to put 3 of them down and it gets harder to go through each time. And each time I say that's it, no more.

But after awhile I miss hearing/seeing a little furball wandering around the place and I give in. All of my cats have been rescues- there's nothing like a good old all American alley cat for company!

Roll 4 Lines

Pastafarian!
Nov 6, 2008
In The Midnight Hour
<<<< Ruby and May send their condolences, BCB, as do I.

It may not make you feel better now, but one day you will realize that you gave her a good life and she lived every minute she could.

BergyMeister

Overpaid 4th liner
Mar 5, 2010
Tampa Via Vermont.
I agree although all of my pets have been cats.

In my adult life I've had to put 3 of them down and it gets harder to go through each time.
And each time I say that's it, no more.

But after awhile I miss hearing/seeing a little furball wandering around the place and I give in. All of my cats have been rescues- there's nothing like a good old all American alley cat for company!

2 dogs and 3 cats so far during my adult life. I agree it is getting harder and harder each time. We have 2 dogs left and the wife and I "swear" they will be the last 2 pets we have as it is becoming way to hard at the end. We shall see if we can actually commit to words when the time comes. we have other considerations too as it is hard for us to go anywhere as we are rural and finding reliable pet sitters is very hard to do.

bruinsfan1970

Global Moderator
Sorry to hear this BCB,stay strong and you will always have the memories,those no one can ever take from you.My girlfriend and I have a small pomeranian and we took her to the vets last week because she had a incident where she had a hard time breathing,she fell over and finally after ten minutes was able to stand back up and start barking.The Vet believes she has the early stages of congestive heart failure,we both have agreed that when the time comes and she is no longer happy we will put her down as hard as it is,we will and forever think of the great times we have shared together...through the years.Take care BCB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad