OT: Off Topic Thread-It's raining...AGAIN......

Status
Not open for further replies.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Thats what I said. Let her pass someplace that is familiar to her. I still don't get it. Friday and Saturday she was fine. Only thing different is she ate some Salmon that my mom suggesting we give her. Now all a sudden she wont eat and has no energy. IDK

This is just all so sudden and depressing a chapter in my life is ending, my best friend for 90% of my time out here is passing on.

I found her in a shelter just laying there while all the other dogs were jumping around and picked her. Now I can do one more thing for her and end her pain. If I could take years off my life and give them to her I would.

Thanks to everyone here. Two of my friends are coming over to say goodbye to her. I am holding onto a foolish hope that she will be 100% better tomorrow.
Best if luck- it sucks. What an awesome dog I know how much you loved her and certainly she you.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007

This didn't get enough love.

I remember driving to Disney with family when I was 8. We had a ghetto conversion van camper, like the one Harvey Keitel drove in From Dusk til Dawn. But it had a cb in it and my dad was in constant communication with truckers getting traffic updates. It got to a point where truckers addressed us as the Griswolds over the air

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Vet said can give her a shot to make her eat and see what happens or she can be PTS. We all feel it's the best that she get PTS. She is obviously in pain. Wouldn't even eat her doggie ice cream.

Heard my father cry a few times today. Sad day and the next week or more will be harder.

Vet will either come here or we will go there............Just doesn't make any ****ing sense to me she was fine at the beginning of the month...........

My heart goes out to you man.
Ive been through the same and it is hard. Brutal hard. Your head says one thing and heart says another.

But, for the love of the friend, your head is right.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Bi Coastal....all my best during an incredibly difficult time.

watched The Last Gladiator yesterday, both incredibly entertaining, and I found myself feeling really empathetic as well, I always knew that being the scrapper was difficult, had no idea the effects of that role could have such a profound effect once the playing days was done. A very very good movie, even for those not fans of the scraps

Bi Coastal Bawse*

Woke up half an hour ago to my mom crying, my father came into my room and said she passed.

Such a good faithful loving dog. She waited till we were all here. I think I was the last one to see her.........I told her I loved her.............

House is so empty

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
watched the first five episodes and was hooked but have been so busy over the last few months that i just haven't had time. i think i'm only 2.5 seasons off.

Yeah 3rd season is starting in a few weeks. Both season 1 & 2 are both on Netflix now. Took them over a year to put season 2 on.

Bi Coastal Bawse*

Thanks to everyone here. I'm just really at a loss right now. This just feels like a bad dream. Can't remember life without my dog here, house is so empty, I'm alone. My best friend for 90% of my california life is gone.

Think I'll be taking a break from everything for awhile I need personal reflection time.......

Thank you everyone in here again....

Stone Clode

Kicks him, stunner!!
Jun 1, 2010
Swansea, MA
Woke up half an hour ago to my mom crying, my father came into my room and said she passed.

Such a good faithful loving dog. She waited till we were all here. I think I was the last one to see her.........I told her I loved her.............

House is so empty

My condolences go out to you, BCB. I am so, so sorry for your loss. I know exactly how you feel right now, and obviously you need your alone time with your family, but we are all here for you.

CamFan81

HF Snob Agitator
Mar 22, 2009
RI
Thanks to everyone here. I'm just really at a loss right now. This just feels like a bad dream. Can't remember life without my dog here, house is so empty, I'm alone. My best friend for 90% of my california life is gone.

Think I'll be taking a break from everything for awhile I need personal reflection time.......

Thank you everyone in here again....

god bless Bawse.
Dogs are unconditional. They are your best friend even when you don't want them to be (if that makes sense). When they leave you, they take some of you with them. The pain will pass, then you can fully reflect on the awesome years you guys had together. Be strong. When I lost my boy caesar i was crushed. Didn't know what to do, it was then when i realized how much I depended on him. One day, I went to our favorite spot, took his favorite ball and threw it one last time. Never been back to that park since.

8 years later the wife+kid begged and begged for a dog and I didn't want one. " I didn't want to take care of it, the mess, the noise, the bills"- I said

Little did they know, I was petrified of ever having that feeling again. A good friend made me realize - why should my daughter not have the chance to love a dog like i did just because I was scared? Wasn't fair...

Christmas morning, a rescued yellow lab pup was placed on my daughters bed at 5am and i'll never ever forget her face. 7 months later Teddy is part of our family. He'll never be Caesar, but he'll always be Teddy and I'm fine with that.

Got something in my eye.

Last edited:

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Nothing happened per se, just some frustrating stuff going on. She came up last Friday (as in 9 days ago) and we went to the Cape Friday-Monday morning, where I got a killer Sunburn on Saturday. Improtu bought Sox tickets for Monday night, and went to that. Had fun, drank a few too many, and went to the bar after the game (stupid). I got hammered, and she was confused as to why I was so much drunker than her when we basically drank exactly the same amount, I later realized that I was so dehydrated and sick from sun poisoning, that I shouldn't have drank at all, let alone as much as I did. Regardless, we took a cab home because I clearly couldn't drive. Get home, and I realize I left my keys in the car...in Quincy. So we're both walking around outside trying to find an open window into my house to no avail, and get into an argument because I'm so far gone at this point I couldn't stay awake. Finally get inside, and go to bed.

Tuesday rolls around, and she's still agitated, but things were fine. I go to work Wednesday and tell her goodbye, etc., as she was leaving later that day to stay with a friend in JP before checking into her hotel Thursday to work for the rest of the week setting up a new store in Copley.

Talk a bit throughout the day Wednesday, I ask if everything's okay between us because something didn't feel right, she says yes. Thursday she starts working setting up the store, which I know is a long, hard process since I've done it before. She texts me around 7pm, asking when the other wedding we're going to is, and if I responded already because she couldn't remember the date, and she has a cruise planned at the end of August. Happens to be the same time the wedding is. I told her as much as I want her to come, I want her to do what she wants to do, and also that I wouldn;'t want her to cancel on her friends since she alreayd paid for it, etc. Haven't heard from her since then. That was Thursday around 8pm. I've sent her a text a day just seeing what's up, and how I'd like to talk to her if she gets a chance, etc. Nothing.

Again, I get how stressed she probably is right now with the store thing, but not being able to take 2 minutes out of your day to text someone back that you care about is kinda ridiculous. She's here till Wednesday. Probably worrying about nothing, but it just seems odd to me.

THAT is why I don't get women.

Sorry for not responding to this, I read it on the train on the way home and then forgot to reply when I got to my house.

In a nutshell? Super weird. I can't see how/why she would be so unbelievably put off by what happened that she would just cut contact, but maybe there's something else going on there that you don't know about (history of alcohol abuse in her family, etc). I'm of the opinion that even if you're super busy, you find a way to let someone know you're thinking of them....if in fact you are.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
one of the best part of dogs is all times are good times- they are always happy to see you, and there is no better companion when times call for soul searching. You may not be able to count on much but you can count on your dog.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner

House is so empty

She's at peace now and someday so will you & your folks.

*Hugs Bi Coastal Bawse*

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Sorry for not responding to this, I read it on the train on the way home and then forgot to reply when I got to my house.

In a nutshell? Super weird. I can't see how/why she would be so unbelievably put off by what happened that she would just cut contact, but maybe there's something else going on there that you don't know about (history of alcohol abuse in her family, etc). I'm of the opinion that even if you're super busy, you find a way to let someone know you're thinking of them....if in fact you are.

PMing you.

Spoked-B

Nov 3, 2005
Southern NH
Condolences, BCB. You gave her a great life and should be proud. I have been living with one or more dogs in the house for close to 30 years. I can't imagine not having at least one around. I know the eerie feeling of it being just too quiet, and my advice is to get another, when you are ready. I can't think of a greater way to honor a pet who has passed than by rescuing another and saving a new life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad