OT: 'Off topic' thoughts

Metroid

Слава Україні!!
Sep 6, 2006
Hellmouth
Finally gave the ol' Rusty Nail (cocktail ) a go it's Fantastic ! Few deep in and took me a bunch of page clicks/back and forth to find this thread to post this.... Buuuut I keep hearing about Bolets Burrito... Meaning to give it a go. I love Burrito Boys, so far it's winning.... Will Bolets beat it?! (For those that had both)

also my wife is watching Grey's anatomy, it's on friggin season 19?! Happy Friday.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
I went to my local LCBO to pick up a bottle of Knob Creek bourbon and happened to see that this was on sale. Talisker is my 2nd favorite single malt scotch (after Lagavulin), I haven't had a bottle for quite some time for some unknown reason so ... I convinced myself that the fiscally responsible thing to do was to spend 114.95 to save 5 bucks. Yes, it promises to be a good night!

talisker.PNG

Metroid

Слава Україні!!
Sep 6, 2006
Hellmouth
I went to my local LCBO to pick up a bottle of Knob Creek bourbon and happened to see that this was on sale. Talisker is my 2nd favorite single malt scotch (after Lagavulin), I haven't had a bottle for quite some time for some unknown reason so ... I convinced myself that the fiscally responsible thing to do was to spend 114.95 to save 5 bucks. Yes, it promises to be a good night!

View attachment 824622
My buddy brought back bottle from his visit to Scotland.... He had a co-ed baby shower and the boys drank this while other stuff happened elsewhere.
Peaty but not burnt rubber boot styles... I enjoyed it
PXL_20240224_213143382.PORTRAIT.jpg

Reactions: Gary Nylund

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
has anyone else ever had a day where it feels like your life is an elevator and people are just getting in your space and showering you with farts

asking for a friend

BallardEra

Leafs&Caps Since 1982™
Dec 26, 2017
East York, Ontario
Those travelling on the Leaside Bridge from East York to Leaside and vice versa should be careful. 2 weeks ago they lowered the speed to 40 km/h on the bridge and now they're out looking to collect some money.

1000016868.png

Reactions: MSZ

Squiffy

Victims, rn't we all
Oct 21, 2006
Toronto
That bridge has always been a popular speed trap. Thanks for heads up on lowering limit. It’s such a big bridge and with wide lanes that even holding 50 feels too slow, but so be it.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Springs at least a month early here in Muskoka this year. It's wild how little snow and cold we got. A few years ago there was ice on the lakes into May here, now I'm looking at ice out maybe as early as today/tomorrow. Boat will be in by Easter for sure, and fishing comes soon after that :)

budzz

History is just that.
Jan 26, 2015
Springs at least a month early here in Muskoka this year. It's wild how little snow and cold we got. A few years ago there was ice on the lakes into May here, now I'm looking at ice out maybe as early as today/tomorrow. Boat will be in by Easter for sure, and fishing comes soon after that :)
I'm thinking with any luck the golf courses will be open early this year too.

Reactions: The Podium

The Management

Jun 8, 2009

Meanwhile, here in Atlantic Canada, we just got totally buried on the weekend and I couldn't get out of my driveway for days. They took the plows off the road!

Reactions: Leaf Rocket

BallardEra

Leafs&Caps Since 1982™
Dec 26, 2017
East York, Ontario
Some other ones I dug up:

1000016944.jpg
1000016943.jpg
1000016941.jpg

And a close up of the Yzerman RC. I remember in early 1990s my brother paid $18 in a store for a pack and he pulled the Yzerman while I was telling him not to waste his money:laugh:

1000016945.jpg

Reactions: Mr_Fun

Niagara Bill

Oct 11, 2021

View attachment 824622
Was it?

BallardEra

Leafs&Caps Since 1982™
Dec 26, 2017
East York, Ontario
Nice collection, used to love collecting those than mailing in to get the ones I was missing
You’re right. I do remember that!

I also remember one time needing one last sticker to complete the whole book. It was Michel Dion who played on the Penguins. I bought a pack from the store and he was in it and tossed the other stickers in the air screaming “SCRAMBLES!” :laugh:

Does anyone here remember Rowntree chocolates doing a promo where they had numbers inside the wrapper to see how many points Gretzky would finish the season with?

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Absolutely. Though I'm not sure Talisker is still my 2nd favorite after picking this baby up last week:

highland_park.jpg

The first cask strength whiskey I tried was Laphroaig a while back. I didn't know what to make of it at first but it grew on me after a while. This stuff too, the first night I tried I had no opinion but the next night, just wow! I add a fair bit of water which is something I hardly ever do and it's incredible. I think I'm addicted to cask strength now, thankfully this kind of thing isn't even available too often as it costs an arm and a leg. Delicious though!

• Love
Reactions: BallardEra

Mr_Fun

Find me sombaty to love.
Oct 7, 2006
BC

Niagara Bill

Oct 11, 2021
Absolutely. Though I'm not sure Talisker is still my 2nd favorite after picking this baby up last week:

View attachment 834825

The first cask strength whiskey I tried was Laphroaig a while back. I didn't know what to make of it at first but it grew on me after a while. This stuff too, the first night I tried I had no opinion but the next night, just wow! I add a fair bit of water which is something I hardly ever do and it's incredible. I think I'm addicted to cask strength now, thankfully this kind of thing isn't even available too often as it costs an arm and a leg. Delicious though!
HP is very good stuff. I have tried to keep of variety of Islay, Speyside, Highlands, around to meet the mood. So many to try.
Got some water from various areas in Scotland to use. Not sure I could tell difference, but makes for a fun time. Been working on a wonderful bottle of Longmorn.
For an everyday glass, try Bowmore.
Cheersh.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad