OT: 'Off topic' thoughts

Squiffy

Victims, rn't we all
Oct 21, 2006
Toronto
To be fair, it’s not really that we needed help shovelling per se, it’s just that we had no where left to put it, especially downtown.

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
To be fair, it’s not really that we needed help shovelling per se, it’s just that we had no where left to put it, especially downtown.
Exactly.

I grew up in a place that averages 120 inches of snow per year. A 20 or 30 cm snowstorm is commonplace and easily handled back home; an area about 90 minutes away receives almost 300 inches per year, and the very few locals in the area commute in the winter often by snowmobile. Everything exists to handle snow in large quantities infrastructure-wise. I then moved to Florida, and in the South 3 inches of snow is SUICIDE (though one of the places I lived has never had snow stick on the ground in recorded history.) There's no infrastructure whatsoever to handle any of it at all. No plows, no snow shovels, no salt, no trained crews, no nothing. The only place that was open was Motherf***ing Waffle House because not even a hurricane can shut down the classiest establishment in the American South (make sure to get drunk and go to one at 2 am, you might see an epic fight.)

In 2010, after I moved back north from my previous HF Leafs shitposting environment in Florida, we got a 27-inch snowstorm in the Boston area (we got 27'' in the suburbs anyway, I forgot how much the city proper got) and the city was totally and completely f***ed; made worse by the fact that we got another major storm less than 2 weeks later. For the city proper, If the snow could not be transported to the Charles River or the Atlantic Ocean there was absolutely nothing you could do. A city that is already EXTREMELY difficult to commute in became 100% impossible. There's literally no space whatsoever to put the snow if you can't get it to the water. None.

The bottom line is that 80 cm of snow in Cape Breton is in no way comparable to 80 cm in Toronto. They are apples and oranges, just like traffic, cost of living and many other factors.

TheGreenTBer

Apr 30, 2021
Jeez, did I touch a nerve? 😯
Just messing with around.....😇
If you're referring to me I'm certainly not offended or annoyed, I'm just making conversation. I know you weren't being a douche, no worries.

Squiffy might be able to remember this, but in case he doesn't, I am 1) not easily offended; and 2) not at all subtle when I am indeed offended, so you would 100% know if that were the case :laugh:

Reactions: BallardEra

Squiffy

Victims, rn't we all
Oct 21, 2006
Toronto
If you're referring to me I'm certainly not offended or annoyed, I'm just making conversation. I know you weren't being a douche, no worries.

Squiffy might be able to remember this, but in case he doesn't, I am 1) not easily offended; and 2) not at all subtle when I am indeed offended, so you would 100% know if that were the case :laugh:
Confirming accuracy.

• Haha
Reactions: TheGreenTBer

nsleaf

Oct 21, 2009

Squiffy might be able to remember this, but in case he doesn't, I am 1) not easily offended; and 2) not at all subtle when I am indeed offended, so you would 100% know if that were the case :laugh: to know

Why would I be worried?

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
That Tele's beautiful!

I've spent the last month or so trying to decide on which finish/pickguard I'm going to go with when I order my Novo later this year. I'm now leaning towards going with my wife's suggestion - Ice Blue Metallic over '64 3-Tone Sunburst. She says it looks like a beautiful painting, I think she's right!

View attachment 812292
But with this pickguard, and blocks instead of dots on the neck:

View attachment 812291

I switched to a Logitech Trackball mouse almost 20 years ago, best decision I ever made. Wired, wireless, either way they're awesome!

If only I practiced more ... this was mine.

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton

now I'm curious as to who you were previously...

TheGreenTBer

Apr 30, 2021
This is a weird comment but has anyone ever felt like an idiot at work and then proceeded to develop something late at night during a bout of insomnia that turns out to be kind of almost brilliant and you don't know how you did it?

That's me right now. Too bad they don't have ketchup chips in the States because I'm also craving those at the moment for some reason.

EDIT: OH HOLY SHIT FIVE GIYS LEFTOVERS LET'S f***ING GO

Last edited:

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
Just as expected, Bell drops the hammer on 9% of its workforce today. Always happens this time of year, and it's done two weeks after #BellLetsTalk day, which is the biggest scam going. I fully understand the premise behind the day, but I won't support it as it's such bullshit. Shit like that pisses me off. Look all sympathetic towards people's mental health, then upheave thousands of peoples' lives shortly thereafter. All the while benefiting from the tax breaks that come with matching the donations. Eff them.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
This is a weird comment but has anyone ever felt like an idiot at work and then proceeded to develop something late at night during a bout of insomnia that turns out to be kind of almost brilliant and you don't know how you did it?

That's me right now. Too bad they don't have ketchup chips in the States because I'm also craving those at the moment for some reason.

Wait, you invented ketchup chips? No offence, but IMO they suck.
JK. I mean yes ketchup chips suck IMO, but I realize you didn't invent them. Unless you did. ;)

TheGreenTBer

Apr 30, 2021
Wait, you invented ketchup chips? No offence, but IMO they suck.
JK. I mean yes ketchup chips suck IMO, but I realize you didn't invent them. Unless you did. ;)
I did not invent them. Ketchup chips are the snack equivalent of a music genre that you like when you're really in the mood for it, which you're not always.

Reactions: Gary Nylund

AllHeartNoSkill

Nov 23, 2008
Exactly. I think it was a reasonable course of action to get the city back up and running.

If I’m not mistaken, St. John’s NL called in the military after the blizzard in 2020 when we got 90-something cm dumped on us.

BayStBullies

Burn the Boats!
Apr 1, 2012
@BayStBullies

I feel this way as an Artist. Sometimes I see details I added to pieces and can't relate with the mentality of how I made it. You get in the zone and go somewhere else.

Reactions: TheGreenTBer

TheGreenTBer

Apr 30, 2021
I just ate a banana split the size of my forearm in under 10 minutes

I might die and if I do i hope someone smothers my gravestone in hot sauce

Reactions: Jojalu

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad