OT: 'Off topic' thoughts

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
If this is allowed, I thought it might help pass the time to have a safe haven where the same old Leaf thoughts aren't discussed.

I just placed my meat order for the next few weeks and as a public service I thought I'd share the link.

Woodward only ever sold to high end restaurants but over COVID, started selling by word of mouth to friends of employees.
That took off for them and now anyone can order.
They deliver anywhere in the GTA. Everything is great, really high quality and you won't get better Steaks delivered to your door.
I never freeze red meat but everything comes flashed frozen and once thawed you can't tell the difference.

Let me know if you're curious about a product and I'll let you know if I've had it. (Highly recommend the case of 20 Flat Iron steaks, stupid good)

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
I strongly support this thread existing.
I’m vegetarian so I can’t speak much to the initial post you made, so I’ll just offer this nugget instead for discussion. Laptop shopping in 2023 is hot garbage. Also anyone else playing FF16, so good.
Just bought my youngest(16) a Mac book a few weeks ago. Her Chrome Book died a few months ago and she would not accept a new one. She made her case for a Mac Book every few weeks for months until I finally gave in. She is going to do so well in life. :laugh:

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
Just bought my youngest(16) a Mac book a few weeks ago. Her Chrome Book died a few months ago and she would not accept a new one. She made her case for a Mac Book every few weeks for months until I finally gave in. She is going to do so well in life. :laugh:

Lol. I wish I could bring myself to switch a MacBook. Love the hardware, just hate the OS. I have high expectations and needs for my computers and there just doesn’t exist anything on the windows side right now that’s equivalent to say the MacBook Pro in terms of total package. You can find laptops that do several things better, but just not all those features and premium finishes together in one machine.

Last edited:

Metroid

Слава Україні!!
Sep 6, 2006
Hellmouth
I’m vegetarian so I can’t speak much to the initial post you made, so I’ll just offer this nugget instead for discussion. Laptop shopping in 2023 is hot garbage. Also anyone else playing FF16, so good.
I'm about 55% done according to what it tells me. Fantastic game.

Reactions: Sypher04

justashadowof

Aug 15, 2020
I'm surprised you were able to get her to put up with a Chrome book for that long. That's some master class parenting. Don't Chrome books use way too much data transfer anyways? There's a reason they're so cheap.

It's a good user experience on Apple devices (versus Android and Windows) in my experience UNLESS you're trying to do something it doesn't want you to do.

Reactions: OddyOh and ACC1224

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
If this is allowed, I thought it might help pass the time to have a safe haven where the same old Leaf thoughts aren't discussed.

I just placed my meat order for the next few weeks and as a public service I thought I'd share the link.

Woodward only ever sold to high end restaurants but over COVID, started selling by word of mouth to friends of employees.
They deliver anywhere in the GTA. Everything is great, really high quality and you won't get better Steaks delivered to your door.
I never freeze red meat but everything comes flashed frozen and once thawed you can't tell the difference.

Let me know if you're curious about a product and I'll let you know if I've had it. (Highly recommend

Not terrible pricing.

We just moved but if I can get a freezer set up in the basement, I would totally stock up.

Reactions: ACC1224

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
I'm surprised you were able to get her to put up with a Chrome book for that long. That's some master class parenting. Don't Chrome books use way too much data transfer anyways? There's a reason they're so cheap.

It's a good user experience on Apple devices (versus Android and Windows) in my experience UNLESS you're trying to do something it doesn't want you to do.
Her and her sister have both used Chrome books for school for years with no issues.
He older sister just completed first year of University with hers and said she's good to keep using it next year.

Reactions: justashadowof

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
Not terrible pricing.

We just moved but if I can get a freezer set up in the basement, I would totally stock up.
Prices are excellent for the quality. I was always a butcher guy but our local closed up during COVID so I started buying from Woodward.
Found it to be just as good if not better quality and definately better prices, only difference is you have to buy in bulk.
In a house full of women those 6oz Flat Irons are perfect for them. A little small for me but I top it off with Seafood.
I also use them for Steak and Shrimp Fajitas which have become legendary in our neighbourhood.

Reactions: andora and WTFMAN99

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010

How far have you gotten? Because I've heard there is a cutscene that causes the PS5 to over heat and turn itself off.

I've heard it from enough places that I believe it's real.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Prices are excellent for the quality. I was always a butcher guy but our local closed up during COVID so I started buying from Woodward.
Found it to be just as good if not better quality and definately better prices, only difference is you have to buy in bulk.
In a house full of women those 6oz Flat Irons are perfect for them. A little small for me but I top it off with Seafood.
I also use them for Steak and Shrimp Fajitas which have become legendary in our neighbourhood.

I like an 8-12 oz one because I am not a seafood guy but I love me some meat. I will bulk order likely at some point, favorited it on my internet browser.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Beer is also a good off-season topic.

I had been an occasional patron of Great Lakes Brewery for a while (particularly their "Shinny Pants" stout), but during COVID I discovered they deliver in the GTA for free (minimum order $50).

Except for some Irish and English imports, they're my go-to now.

Many of their beers sell for $60 for a 24 of tall cans, which is only $2.50 per can.

Canuck Pale Ale is good, Pompous Ass is an English style ale (and my father-in-law's favourite), and they renamed "Shinny Pants" to "GLB Stout" so it didn't seem seasonal.

Lots of hoppier choices (Octopus Wants to Fight, Burst, and Hazemama).

They also have a variety of lagers, pilsners, and others, including lighter ones (Monty Mild at 3.7% and Sunnyside Session at 3.9% are good).

Their description of their Stock Ale:

"Our brewers, while sipping on a durian and kumquat quadruple Scandinavian IPA with lactose, forastero cocoa, and goji berries, brewed with yeast harvested from the rind of a 540 year-old wheel of cheese, discovered on a diving expedition at the bottom of Uvs Lake, discussed the fact that sometimes you just want a beer that tastes like beer, and then proceeded to brew this one right here."

It really is just a good beer-type beer. Similar to Molson Stock Ale or Labatts 50.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I just finished Zelda tears of the kingdom, it took me 2 months, games don't take me 2 months but there is SO MUCH to do, almost to much, If you told me there was to much to do, I wouldn't necessarily agree, but I'd understand, there is A LOT to do.

That being said it's a fantastic game my ONLY real complaint is the breakable weapons.

Beyond that it is incredible.

Larcos_Unal

Excuses are for losers
Jul 6, 2007
Toronto

Let me know if you're curious about a product and I'll let you know if I've had it. (Highly recommend the case of 20 Flat Iron steaks, stupid good)
My brother in-law swears by this place. He brought a couple of their steaks to my place for a bbq and I was floored, melt in your mouth stuff.

BayStBullies

Burn the Boats!
Apr 1, 2012
@BayStBullies

I've heard good things about this place:

Over Covid, my friend even bought an extra freezer to store an entire butchered cow. He was eating good for a long time.

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
I like an 8-12 oz one because I am not a seafood guy but I love me some meat. I will bulk order likely at some point, favorited it on my internet browser.
You could always have 2!
I had a Rib Eye on the weekend that was fantastic.

Reactions: Ciao

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
You could always have 2!
I had a Rib Eye on the weekend that was fantastic.

I also saw they have short ribs, I found a great recipe online to replicate kalbi short ribs that I enjoyed in Oahu. Only thing I didn't have was mirin but I subbed in crown royal...tasted very similar, haven't bought short ribs for a while but I would definitely be branching out to incorporate allll the animals lol.

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
Her and her sister have both used Chrome books for school for years with no issues.
He older sister just completed first year of University with hers and said she's good to keep using it next year.
Usually in university, the Macbooks come in handy more than the Chromebook unless they are Engineering/heavy program users explicitly requiring Windows.

Also no clue about the Steak thing never had it, and can't have it due to religion/albeit not religious anymore :laugh:

Squiffy

Victims, rn't we all
Oct 21, 2006
Toronto
I don’t know if it’s off topic enough for this, but Woll's nickname needs to be Brick, am I right?
I love a good steak but being from the east coast, it's all about the seafood. Digby scallops are a particular fave. Malpeque Bay oysters from PEI and of course lobster. Best price and freshness can be had right at the wharf.
Heading out to the east coast in a few weeks with the family, down through NB, over to NS, round the Cabot Trail and then over to PEI. Sorting out the must see's right now.

Last edited:

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
How far have you gotten? Because I've heard there is a cutscene that causes the PS5 to over heat and turn itself off.

I've heard it from enough places that I believe it's real.

I think I’m almost done. I’ve heard same thing, but didn’t have any trouble myself

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
I don’t know if it’s off topic enough for this, but Will nickname needs to be Brick, am I right?

Heading out to the east coast in a few weeks with the family, down through NB, over to NS, round the Cabot Trail and then over to PEI. Sorting out the must see's right now.
Sounds fun! I'm actually going to be heading to NB myself for work related things at the end of August, not sure what to expect.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00