OT - NO POLITICS Off Topic 2020 part XXIV - Can we get a refund for 2020?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
People don't follow the arrows in the parking lot (a big pet peeve of mine). I don't have a lot of hope for them doing it in the store aisles either :skeptic:

SAME!! It bothers me way more than it should when people treat busy, tight parking lots like their own personal racetrack. Don’t get me started on folks that use the “create your own spot” strategy. Intense snow storm, sure. Otherwise, you know damn well where the parking lines are.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I had great luck with Walmart on line for TP. As those on FB saw lol!
Its sporadic and controlled availability but they do come through in a week to 10 days. Same with masks, gloves and nylon face covers. Our dining room is now like an annex. Ready for zombie apocalypse. Especially since I’m high risk and will not be allowed back to worksite for a long long time. Perhaps never.

they just had a bunch of availability on Clorox wipes too.

One thing i thought was odd was how you are limited to 1 of certain items that came in single or bulk. You can buy only a single roll of Generic paper towels for 40 cents, or a single pack of the name brand 24 rolls for $20. There’s no in between. I don’t use a ton of it so i typically buy a few cheapies and move on. Nope. Not allowed now.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Lady friend is teaching class today and told me there was a ups delivery today for the tenant upstairs that needs to be brought in (this is like the capital of package stealing). Tenant is a Statey and never home, and gets deliveries 100x a day from Amazon so i thought nothing of it.

Bell rings. I get the package. It’s addressed to me. I don’t live here. This is odd. So i open it

surprise. Resident Evil 0/1 for the Switch, and a little love note.

women. I tell ya

That's a keeper right there....

Reactions: TD Charlie

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
People don't follow the arrows in the parking lot (a big pet peeve of mine). I don't have a lot of hope for them doing it in the store aisles either :skeptic:

Being honest here. I went in the market a couple weeks ago during my lunch break. And totally went down the wrong way in the aisle. I never even thought to look down. Im 6' 2. and would never think to look on the floor. They should be eye level.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Being honest here. I went in the market a couple weeks ago during my lunch break. And totally went down the wrong way in the aisle. I never even thought to look down. Im 6' 2. and would never think to look on the floor. They should be eye level.
Good point. Although they could probably be neon signs with sirens and some people still wouldn't get it. lol

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
they just had a bunch of availability on Clorox wipes too.

One thing i thought was odd was how you are limited to 1 of certain items that came in single or bulk. You can buy only a single roll of Generic paper towels for 40 cents, or a single pack of the name brand 24 rolls for $20. There’s no in between. I don’t use a ton of it so i typically buy a few cheapies and move on. Nope. Not allowed now.

Yup. I was allowed 2 cases of Angel Soft TP . 60 rolls in each.
I figured why not? Between us, my mother and my sister. Easy decision.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Took Monday and Tuesday off. Needed a mental health break badly.

very excited to do nothing and try (likely fail but try) to disconnect from all of the insanity at work for a few days.

kicking it off with a Truly and some chips and salsa on the deck before the weather rolls in

32A8F087-23C3-4A12-87C3-361B12A4A861.jpeg

Bocephus86

Mar 2, 2011
Boston
Friend of mine is a personal chef and he sent me a recipe for asian lettuce wraps using ground turkey since I've been complaining about getting bored of my usual rotation. Been eating it as a bowl instead of doing the wraps because they kept falling apart on me. Super healthy, easy, and delicious (especially in the warmer weather since its refreshing/cool).

Slaw dressing is rice wine, honey, and a small amount of sesame oil (no mayo). Ground turkey cooked in a bit of sesame oil with ginger, onion & water chesnuts, then mixed in with soy sauce, hoison sauce, and black pepper. I warm up the turkey for 20 seconds in the microwave then mix in the slaw in a bowl as I eat it for a few days in a row.

Light, tasty, easy.

Edit: Wrong thread... will post in the right one but leave it here as well I guess.

Reactions: sooshii

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Well @Fenway, AFL football is back on June 11. With the Bundesliga in Germany starting up again this weekend and our own rugby league getting under way in a couple of weeks too, there are finally some signs of life in the sporting world. Something to look forward to at least.

Reactions: Mr Irish

Bocephus86

Mar 2, 2011
Boston
This is so weird. I'm about 15 miles south of the city and we haven't had any rain. Is this located more north of the city? Or is it headed my way?

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Getting wind and rain with some low rumbles of thunder and some lightning.

Seems like the line died out just before coming through the southern part of the city.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
alteady passed through here.
just rain and a bit of wind.
opened all the windows and its nice and cool in here now.

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
Tornado watch here until 10PM
Must be a big storm. I'm 1,700 miles away and under the same conditions. ;)

Kidding aside, we've had severe thunderstorms, power outages, downed internet, etc. and it's supposed to last through the weekend.

Reactions: BMC

WestCoastBruinsFan

Oct 30, 2008
Victoria, BC
I am making a comparison tonight.

Attachments

• 9B7803F8-4E1D-4F7B-BDDD-613BAF7512F5.jpeg
    9B7803F8-4E1D-4F7B-BDDD-613BAF7512F5.jpeg
    187.5 KB · Views: 6
  • ADA06CF3-258C-46A0-B4CA-4CF2836D07BC.jpeg
    ADA06CF3-258C-46A0-B4CA-4CF2836D07BC.jpeg
    190.3 KB · Views: 6
Reactions: CDJ

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Just started sprinkling a bit here

gotta say, i don’t mind living on the cape. We did have our first real tornadoes this past year but for the most part we avoid the extreme heat/cold/snow storms....at least relative to most of the state.

Doesn’t hurt that I’m off the same street as the police station so when I lose power it ain’t out very long. I’d wager that has something to do with that ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad