OT - NO POLITICS Off Topic 2020 part XXIV - Can we get a refund for 2020?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
I'm completely with you on this.

I know we are in the minority but it depresses me the thread is perpetually at the top of the page. I was happy a couple of days ago thinking it was finally nuked.

This site has always been an escape for me, but now I can't visit without Covid 19 being the first thing I see.

I clicked on it when it first appeared and was shocked that it's basically everything this site typically forbids.

Thankfully the main boards and other team boards haven't followed suit.

I wish I could say the divisiveness this pandemic has brought surprises me, but I fully expected it.

I guess look at it this way - having a Covid thread at least keeps all pandemic-related discussion in the one place. Yes some of the usual restrictions have been relaxed in there but the issue and those rule changes have been quarantined to one location.

It's obviously a seismic problem so I think it's reasonable to have a place where it can be talked about. This way it doesn't infect other areas of the board, well not much!

Last edited:

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
YES! i remember your posts now. I knew i had heard of somebody getting it, i just totally forgot when and where i heard about it. 2 weeks though. Balls. Your survivor story gives me some hope though. Girlfriend just got prednisone
yeah. it was bad on my wrist for about a week solid before all the bubbles leaked and peeled off. i only used stuff like calamine tho. i shouldve gotten a steroid. it dries up in a day or 2 with the roids. i wouldve gotten them if it was in at my eye and nose.
i had to gauze my wrist at nite and hang it off the bed. then a couple small other areas popped up. one near my armpit one at the thumb and at my hip. those were itchy but nowhere near as disgusting looking for the second week.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
This is NOT a COVID-19 thread - This is just the usual things in life

Obviously we are all living much differently than 3 months ago so how you are coping is fine to discuss - the virus itself no

I am having computer issues the past 2 days so my on line access is sporadic

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
yeah. it was bad on my wrist for about a week solid before all the bubbles leaked and peeled off. i only used stuff like calamine tho. i shouldve gotten a steroid. it dries up in a day or 2 with the roids. i wouldve gotten them if it was in at my eye and nose.
i had to gauze my wrist at nite and hang it off the bed. then a couple small other areas popped up. one near my armpit one at the thumb and at my hip. those were itchy but nowhere near as disgusting looking for the second week.

liberal use of the clear calamine last night, and two Benadryl. I slept almost 7 hours and only woke up once for about 20 minutes! The lady friend fared even better than i did cuz she’s not really a medicine person, so the two Bennies wrecked her.

i can live with this for now. There is hope!

Reactions: BMC

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Bit the bullet and did an early morning grocery run at Market Basket in Oxford. While they had a lot of things we needed, was really surprised how empty they were for fresh veggies and literally no chicken. I can't really complain though as I stocked up on quite a few things we'd been having issues getting shipped to the house, and I did the decontamination of it all before I brought it in, and then myself and my clothes. It wasn't as bad as I expected, but a lot of people sucked at the distancing thing in most of the aisles.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Bit the bullet and did an early morning grocery run at Market Basket in Oxford. While they had a lot of things we needed, was really surprised how empty they were for fresh veggies and literally no chicken. I can't really complain though as I stocked up on quite a few things we'd been having issues getting shipped to the house, and I did the decontamination of it all before I brought it in, and then myself and my clothes. It wasn't as bad as I expected, but a lot of people sucked at the distancing thing in most of the aisles.

I’ve been mostly impressed with Market Basket down in Fairhaven. It’s always slammed but their shelves are typically in great shape. I usually try to get in about an hour before closing, and I’m finding its people with small orders so lines move quick. Veggies and chicken, like you said, have been hard to come by. if anything, the crowds now seem less than they were a few months ago. Might be the whole building capacity thing, but i like it. I kinda hope that never changes.

Reactions: LSCII

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
If anyone has any tips on how to clean dirt and pollen out of window sills please share. Every time landscaping is done I get dirt all in my windows since I'm on the ground floor.

I've vacuumed out the sills and then went in with Lysol spray but there is still some left in the corners.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
I've found Market Basket to be hit or miss.

Trader Joes has been fully stocked every time I've gone. Very impressive what they've been doing.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I’ve been mostly impressed with Market Basket down in Fairhaven. It’s always slammed but their shelves are typically in great shape. I usually try to get in about an hour before closing, and I’m finding its people with small orders so lines move quick. Veggies and chicken, like you said, have been hard to come by. if anything, the crowds now seem less than they were a few months ago. Might be the whole building capacity thing, but i like it. I kinda hope that never changes.

I hadn't been in a supermarket since it all started. We've done a lot of Amazon Pantry and Walmart order pickup. Was really concerned about how it was going to go since I've heard some stories from friends. In general, it was pretty well done. Like you said, most things were in stock, aside from a handful of stuff, and they did a good job at the check out with distancing and protective shields. The big issue was other customers standing on top of you and not being respectful about distancing and following the arrows, but that's human nature.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Man, we can't find lettuce around here at all. May have to hit up a TJs for that alone...

Thanks for the heads up!!

i can only find bags of shredded lettuce. Half the time that’s gone too. Been that way for two months.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Several weeks ago there was no chicken so I bought some pre cooked Perdue chicken and threw it in the freezer. I used it to make a stir fry last night and it wasn't bad !

Reactions: Alicat and LSCII

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Reactions: sooshii

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
I hope everyone keeps an eye to the sky this afternoon. Bad storms expected and it looks like they just extended the tornado threat to include Boston.

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Lady friend is teaching class today and told me there was a ups delivery today for the tenant upstairs that needs to be brought in (this is like the capital of package stealing). Tenant is a Statey and never home, and gets deliveries 100x a day from Amazon so i thought nothing of it.

Bell rings. I get the package. It’s addressed to me. I don’t live here. This is odd. So i open it

surprise. Resident Evil 0/1 for the Switch, and a little love note.

women. I tell ya

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005

market basket in athol.
stocked every time ive gone in there. even toilet paper. lol

Reactions: TD Charlie

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
I hadn't been in a supermarket since it all started. We've done a lot of Amazon Pantry and Walmart order pickup. Was really concerned about how it was going to go since I've heard some stories from friends. In general, it was pretty well done. Like you said, most things were in stock, aside from a handful of stuff, and they did a good job at the check out with distancing and protective shields. The big issue was other customers standing on top of you and not being respectful about distancing and following the arrows, but that's human nature.
People don't follow the arrows in the parking lot (a big pet peeve of mine). I don't have a lot of hope for them doing it in the store aisles either :skeptic:

Reactions: BMC and TD Charlie

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
This is NOT a COVID-19 thread - This is just the usual things in life

Obviously we are all living much differently than 3 months ago so how you are coping is fine to discuss - the virus itself no

I am having computer issues the past 2 days so my on line access is sporadic
*Waves at Fenway*

Have some cookies :)

I hear it's national chocolate chip day

Triple-Chocolate-Cookies-SpendWithPennies-21-500x500.jpg

Reactions: BMC and CHRDANHUTCH

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
market basket in athol.
stocked every time ive gone in there. even toilet paper. lol

I had great luck with Walmart on line for TP. As those on FB saw lol!
Its sporadic and controlled availability but they do come through in a week to 10 days. Same with masks, gloves and nylon face covers. Our dining room is now like an annex. Ready for zombie apocalypse. Especially since I’m high risk and will not be allowed back to worksite for a long long time. Perhaps never.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad