OT - NO POLITICS Off Topic 2020 part XXIV - Can we get a refund for 2020?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
This all started because a clerk thought George Floyd was passing a counterfeit $20 - but it turns out the bill in question was simply an older note BUT STILL VALID ( source WCCO )

1996 bill

US_%2420_Series_1996_Obverse.jpg

Current

1920px-US_%2420_Series_2006_Obverse.jpg

The clerk most likely has never seen an older bill before - and the same applies to the responding officers.

Where did the older bill come from? :dunno:
I’m sure if it was me or you (well, you clean shaven) there would have been a quizzical look a manager coming over, a few yucks and smiles and a funny story to tell at home.

2020 America

Reactions: Alicat and Hali33

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
This all started because a clerk thought George Floyd was passing a counterfeit $20 - but it turns out the bill in question was simply an older note BUT STILL VALID ( source WCCO )

1996 bill

US_%2420_Series_1996_Obverse.jpg

Current

1920px-US_%2420_Series_2006_Obverse.jpg

The clerk most likely has never seen an older bill before - and the same applies to the responding officers.

Where did the older bill come from? :dunno:
upload_2020-5-31_7-28-15.jpeg

Some of THESE are still in circulation as well. When they changed the design in the 1990s, I saved a crisp one for my very meager coin collection. You’ll notice that when the bill was changed, the opposite side of the White House was used.

upload_2020-5-31_7-35-17.jpeg

Every year or so, an ATM will spit one out for me and I always wonder if the person I give it to will even take it. I can’t believe an old $20 started all this. This is un-bleeping-believable.

Yes, I still use cash.

Maybe I shouldn’t.

Last edited:

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I just watched a bunch of police light up somebody Who was doing nothing on their own porch. Absolutely disgusted. They knew they were being filmed. Imagine what they’re like when they know they aren’t?

We live in a police state run by billionaires and controlled by the police. This stopped being “America“ a long time ago

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

haha, thankfully I`ve never lived in an apartment above a meth lab personally but this is just terrible, heartbreaking to watch

I totally understand protesting the disgusting actions of the police who took the life of Mr.Floyd. I`ll never understand the mob mentality behind moving from a protest where you want your voices to be heard to a looting scenario where businesses that had zero impact on the police action are being damaged and looted

It`s honestly too much for me to watch any longer especially when you have a president who does nothing to ease /address the suffering

Therick67

Apr 6, 2009
South of Boston
i remember it like it was yesterday and I was 12

just awful

here’s the video I was talking about

f***ing cowards think this is a video game and that they don’t have rules to follow. Every last one of those police officers is a bad police officer.

I would have gone inside and let the cops move on down the road, but I guess that would have been too easy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad