OT - NO POLITICS Off Topic 2020 part XXII - RIP Kenny Rogers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
I can't even imagine how hard it is right now for teachers, students and parents.

I work in educational publishing and we are getting hit hard. We've got great products but as people have mentioned in previous posts, if districts are ill equipped to roll out the products the teachers and students both suffer immensely.

I'm praying we can bounce back and really use this as a learning experience to re-evaluate what the students need in order to truly get the best education and come up with that material.

If not, we will fold sadly.

Say Hey Kid

MI retired Nick Saban
Dec 10, 2007
Bathory, GA

"Maybe I'm amazed at the way you love me all the time
Maybe I'm afraid of the way I love you
Maybe I'm amazed at the the way you pulled me out of time
And hung me on a line" McCartney

I still like these songs (and the fatherly pic of Paul above) : Band on the run, Jet, Listen to what the man said, Live and let die, Maybe I'm Amazed, My love

Reactions: sooshii and BMC

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
i think everyone ia hoping all this slows down soon. then hopefully with summer the virus weakens.
that way they can go back to school in june and go through the summer. oh boo hoo no summer off.
then continue next year right back up.

teacher contracts are gonna get in the way of it. I do hope that everyone i able to find some sort of balance thougg

Reactions: Kovi

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
vuz79Hl.jpg

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
Its not that easy. Not all staff contracts are the same length of time....and not all schools are equipped with ac. This scenario presents a huge staffing and transportation issue.
This is miserable enough for my husband and I and we don't have little kids in the house.
I cannot even image what its like with littles.

Agree with Chuck. Terrible all around. :(
It's mostly terrible for her because she has to see that much more of me. It's great for me, because I get to see that much more of her.

Agent86

Jun 20, 2010
Missed it by That Much

"Maybe I'm amazed at the way you love me all the time
Maybe I'm afraid of the way I love you
Maybe I'm amazed at the the way you pulled me out of time
And hung me on a line" McCartney

I still like these songs (and the fatherly pic of Paul above) : Band on the run, Jet, Listen to what the man said, Live and let die, Maybe I'm Amazed, My love

Fantastic Song, cool little solo and off an album that was 99.44/100% all McCartney (a little bit of backing vocals from Linda).

Another version of the song (and probably my favorite version) was recorded live just a little over a year later by the original go out and have a good time band......

Reactions: bb74

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
I'm all the way up to Tom Waits in my cataloging quest! After I get to the end of the alphabet I will do my box sets, and my cd's and cassettes. Not that many of those but might as well catalog them all.

Reactions: sooshii and Agent86

Camjams

Jul 6, 2018
Anyone else have the Boston Bruins winter hat issued by all temperatures Cheer in the early 1980s?

Last edited:

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
It just sucks that you’re gonna see a lot of kids fall behind to start next school year. What about those already struggling? My twins for example, start kindergarten next year and that alone is a big enough transition. They were JUST starting to recognize letters and be able to spell each other’s names, so there was some good progress happening. I worry they’ll be f***ed next year.

it’s just a horrible situation for literally everybody in all walks of life.

It's difficult, that's for sure. One thing I think is important to note though is that every student is going to be fairly equally affected, so everyone's going to be playing catch-up at the same time. Hopefully schools recognize this in their future learning plans, and while it'll take a bit of time, everyone can eventual get back on track with their education and none of the really important things to learn and develop will be missed.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
In honor of what was supposed to be the start of a new baseball season I watched Moneyball yesterday, which I'd never seen before. Really good film, and it makes you reflect on the somewhat ironic history of what the A's did in terms of it being a romantic, feel-good story of a small team that found a way to be successful, but in so-doing played a key part in spreading a different method of evaluating the game and its players that, while undoubtedly effective, is somewhat soulless, mechanical and easily corporatized. Although of course the drive to a more stats-dominated sport was inevitable no matter where it ultimately came from. Great watch anyway.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Daisy and I saw this on our walk around the apartment complex this morning. Nice to know there are other NHL fans here

Of course if I had any chalk I may have left a message recommending another team *ahem* :laugh:

20200328_091346.jpg

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Well, after several years, it appears my Shark Rotator vacuum has bit the dust, so to speak. I turned it on and it sounded like it dropped the muffler. :laugh::help: Also I caught a whiff of something burning, so I shut it down. I was thinking of getting a new one anyway, since my new apartment will have more laminate flooring and less carpet. And the hose on this one looks gross inside (it's a clear hose) and I have no idea how you even clean that anyway.

Any recommendations? I have Daisy's hair to contend with when she gets shaggy. I like the Shark but am open to other brands as long as they aren't super expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad