OT - NO POLITICS Off Topic 2020 part XXII - RIP Kenny Rogers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ludwig Fell Down

Feb 19, 2005
South Shore, MA
fantastic movie. one of those you stop if you are going through the channels and watch every time you pass it.
I never saw Shawshank as it was always in progress back in the day. Then I was on a 10-hour flight and it was available. Awesome movie and a great time killer. I also watched Wizard of Lies on that flight, which was very well done IMO.

Ludwig Fell Down

Feb 19, 2005
South Shore, MA
fantastic movie. one of those you stop if you are going through the channels and watch every time you pass it.
I never saw Shawshank as it was always in progress back in the day. Then I was on a 10-hour flight and it was available. Awesome movie and a great time killer. I also watched Wizard of Lies on that flight, which was very well done IMO.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
I know quotes from it, but I've never watched The Princess Bride in its entirety. Don't expect I'll ever have the desire to do so.

I was in my thirties before I saw It's a Wonderful Life.

I've never seen Avatar.

I have watched Star Wars but give me the original trilogy any day.

Top Gun was the first movie my family ever rented on VHS. From Erol's video store. I'm not sure how I feel about the upcoming sequel.

Miracle is the best hockey movie.

I've not seen any of the Lord of the Rings movies.

I have never read or watched anything related to Harry Potter.

Flame away, but remember, I have the cookies!
inconcievable.jpg

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
“I hit a wrong note. I’m not Liberace you know” Goonies is a classic.

Flight of the Navigator is a good movie

Cocktail and Blown Away are also good movies.

ET still creeps me the hell out.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
my middle school operated in teams of 4 teachers/classrooms and ours had us watch princess bride one day

I don’t think there was any reason behind it other than they wanted to watch it. I’m glad it happened

Also slapshot > miracle for me. Love em both tho.

This is exactly how I saw Labyrinth (David Bowie, 80s flick) for the second time. It was one of the last movies I saw as a kid before I moved from Boston to Cleveland. Two years later, the entire 3 classrooms in my fifth grade watched it in the foyer (I think there was only one TV cart for 2 or 3 grades).

One of my favorite teachers of all time was my fifth and sixth grade math teacher in Cleveland. I remember one thing she said during the introduction of the movie, while we were still trying to settle down:

NOBODY SPEAKS WHEN DAVID BOWIE SINGS!!!

Wiser words I have never heard. I recently found a YouTube video of her - she was the head of a national math teacher's association. She actually sub-YouTubed me because she told the story of "one student" (me) who wrote in all the zeros when doing a three-by-three multiplication by a multiple of 10, like a little robot. Hey, I got the right answer!

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I've never seen a single Star Wars movie and I intend to keep it that way.
I saw just the original, which i understand is somewhere around 4 in terms of story. I think. It’s alright. That’s not really my genre, and if it’s not yours either then you’re not missing much.

we might be killed for it though

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Today my 7 year old asked me to make a math worksheet with “up to 3 digit” addition and subtraction. Naturally i snuck in a couple 4 digit problems. I tried to ramp up the difficulty by starting with problems where there was no “carry the 1” bullshit. Then as i was correcting her worksheet i discovered that i, a 35 year old man, no longer know how to properly do subtraction on paper.

Reactions: sooshii

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Today my 7 year old asked me to make a math worksheet with “up to 3 digit” addition and subtraction. Naturally i snuck in a couple 4 digit problems. I tried to ramp up the difficulty by starting with problems where there was no “carry the 1” bullshit. Then as i was correcting her worksheet i discovered that i, a 35 year old man, no longer know how to properly do subtraction on paper.
haha, what I find more frightening is asking anyone under 25 to write out a sentence with proper spelling and punctuation:help:

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
haha, what I find more frightening is asking anyone under 25 to write out a sentence with proper spelling and punctuation:help:

Reactions: Bruinaura and LSCII
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad