OT - NO POLITICS Off Topic 2020 part XX - Neil Peart, drummer and primary lyricist for Rush, dead at 67

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
Just watched Die Hard and 0.0 this is a Christmas movie

great great movie but laughable this is debated as a Christmas movie

what’s the message ?

um don’t **** with Bruce Willis ?

Christmas Story
Elf
Trading Places
Bad Santa
It’s A Wonderful Life
The Muppets Christmas

all Christmas movies on a significant level

THANK YOU! Not a Christmas movie.

Here is one of my favorites, free on YouTube

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Tip: if you plan to do Star Wars at Disney you need to line up by 5:30am to get into the park at 6am and then request a queue when Star Wars opens.

As of 7:30am, all of the que spots had been distributed for the day.

Insanity

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
@Aussie Bruin I meant to say as well a few weeks ago that I hope you're not being affected by the awful bush fires you guys are having?

Thanks for asking! Thankfully not. The majority of the recent fires have been up in NSW and a few in Queensland, and I live in Victoria. We've had a couple here, but fortunately nothing really serious as yet, and nothing close to where I live.

Victoria often has some of the worst fires, like Black Saturday 10 years ago, as we have a lot of forest areas, but so far we've dodged most of it this season, although of course its still only the first month of summer. But it's been bad in NSW - drought, dry grass and bush, hot weather and high winds are a dangerous combination and they've had a rough time of it.

I work in a sector that will have a part in coordinating emergency response if we do get any major fires in my half of the state, so we're certainly very wary of it and hopefully ready to act if necessary. But fingers crossed we'll get through ok - to date it's not been quite as dry or warm here as it's been further north.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Tip: if you plan to do Star Wars at Disney you need to line up by 5:30am to get into the park at 6am and then request a queue when Star Wars opens.

Insanity

thats absurd. I just missed the grand opening when i went, same with the Hagrid coaster at Universal, but all the lines were short for us. I still got to do the updated 3d star tours simulator at least.

Reactions: Alicat

Deleted

Nov 11, 2017
Thanks for asking! Thankfully not. The majority of the recent fires have been up in NSW and a few in Queensland, and I live in Victoria. We've had a couple here, but fortunately nothing really serious as yet, and nothing close to where I live.

Victoria often has some of the worst fires, like Black Saturday 10 years ago, as we have a lot of forest areas, but so far we've dodged most of it this season, although of course its still only the first month of summer. But it's been bad in NSW - drought, dry grass and bush, hot weather and high winds are a dangerous combination and they've had a rough time of it.

I work in a sector that will have a part in coordinating emergency response if we do get any major fires in my half of the state, so we're certainly very wary of it and hopefully ready to act if necessary. But fingers crossed we'll get through ok - to date it's not been quite as dry or warm here as it's been further north.

Glad to hear it. My wife's sister is in Sydney but is thankfully well away from it all. She said you would still be able to smell the smoke in the city depending on wind direction etc..
I remember being in WA over 10 years ago and there being pretty serious fires outside of Perth.
Will be keeping my fingers crossed that some unseasonable and albeit unlikely rain will hit.

Reactions: Aussie Bruin

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
people derive their own joy where they see fit.

This forum is so filled with judgement.

I mean, I don't think I'm being judgy. I just think it's not a Christmas movie. And I'm not mad at those who think it is! Just idle chatter in an OT thread.

Reactions: sooshii

Scotto74

taking a break
Oct 7, 2005
Kingston, MA

Insanity
I was there December 7-10 right after the ride opened. It was nuts getting up at 4:00 in the morning while on vacation but we did it two days and it was sooo worth it. That new ride is amazing.

Reactions: Alicat

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
I was there December 7-10 right after the ride opened. It was nuts getting up at 4:00 in the morning while on vacation but we did it two days and it was sooo worth it. That new ride is amazing.
Some people who got there early ended up not getting a slot because the system crashed and left guest services scrambling to get them slots which was funny to me because we saw a ton of empty cars.

I'm not a Star Wars fan but the experience was fantastic. I found the rides to be 7 out of 10.

It is clear that they are updating a ton of stuff so if anyone is thinking of going I would honestly wait another 1-3 years until everything is completed.

I'm ready to go put my feet in the hotel pool to relax them.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
thats absurd. I just missed the grand opening when i went, same with the Hagrid coaster at Universal, but all the lines were short for us. I still got to do the updated 3d star tours simulator at least.
Yea nothing is short here right now lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad