OT - NO POLITICS Off Topic 2020 part XX - Neil Peart, drummer and primary lyricist for Rush, dead at 67

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Just finished up some housework. Still more to do. My back is killing me. Can one of y'all wave a magic wand or a magic Swiffer and make all the dust go away? Thanks

*passes out*

kthx

Bedard to Bruins 2023
Apr 24, 2019
Almost a month ago my gf had a bad blood poisoning, leukocytes dropped to basically 0 and theyre finally back up. She is back home and we get to watch Bruins vs Caps because she cant sleep. Its midnight but neither of us care. Merry christmas from Finland guys.

Walkenthewalk

Dec 10, 2008
Almost a month ago my gf had a bad blood poisoning, leukocytes dropped to basically 0 and theyre finally back up. She is back home and we get to watch Bruins vs Caps because she cant sleep. Its midnight but neither of us care. Merry christmas from Finland guys.

Merry Christmas !!

shelbysdad

Nov 21, 2006
Red Hook, NY
Just finished up some housework. Still more to do. My back is killing me. Can one of y'all wave a magic wand or a magic Swiffer and make all the dust go away? Thanks

*passes out*

Snow tubing Saturday....First run down, and the rubber mats are too close together....instead of slowing down I stop dead and flip, literally a somersault. Land flat on my back.
Tried to medicate with alcohol Saturday night.

Went to Emergency one today. Massive back spasms.

Got an injection for swelling, take 400 of ibuprofen every six hours, steroids for a week and muscle spasm pills 4 times a day.

Don't go tubing once you hit 50

Reactions: Strafer and BMC

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Snow tubing Saturday....First run down, and the rubber mats are too close together....instead of slowing down I stop dead and flip, literally a somersault. Land flat on my back.

Got an injection for swelling, take 400 of ibuprofen every six hours, steroids for a week and muscle spasm pills 4 times a day.

I literally feel your pain. I've had back spasms and they are awful. I hope you are well soon

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007
Me: I hope I get some presents
Trevor: I have one more thing to wrap for you
Me: IS IT A PUPPY!!?
Trevor: It's not a puppy
Me: WHY? Why is it not a puppy?

We don't really have an appropriate schedule to take care of a pet, but I really like puppies.

:x)::santa::rudolf:

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
Let's face it - Boeing STILL does not have a fix for the software on the Max 737 and they may well have to scrap the plane and issue refunds to all the airlines that bought it. That would be the end of Boeing.

Boeing CEO Dennis Muilenburg resigns

The reality is who would want to be a passenger on this plane going forward?

My uncle works for a company that makes airplane parts. He was telling me this summer that Boeing orders were still way up, and he was having trouble filling all of the orders because he didn't have enough guys to do the labor. It didn't make sense why Boeing was still manufacturing so many planes.

You don't realize how many companies just make one part that goes into these airplanes, but the positive for them is that most sell to both Boeing and Airbus, so while Boeing going under might hurt them a bit, airlines still need to buy airplanes.

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
Me: I hope I get some presents
Trevor: I have one more thing to wrap for you
Me: IS IT A PUPPY!!?
Trevor: It's not a puppy
Me: WHY? Why is it not a puppy?

We don't really have an appropriate schedule to take care of a pet, but I really like puppies.

:x)::santa::rudolf:

There’s still time! Men do their best shopping on Christmas Eve!
(#adoptdontshop)

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston

I'm not anywhere near 50 but I do have lower back issues and reading this makes me never want to go tubing.

Feel better!!!!

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Yup and the flavor of the area as a whole has changed dramatically. It had a funky, down-to-Earth feel about it back when. Up until the late eighties Beacon St had a new car dealership and a few used car dealerships there. Dodakins motors was on the corner of Beacon and Park St's and IMO was a historical old gas station/used car lot. The city of Somerville should have found a way to preserve that building even though it needed some serious upkeep. Of course now there's a nondescript, high priced condominium building there to take its place. There were 2 used car dealers on the corner of Beacon and Kirkland Sts that are gone. Of course it sounds like I'm mourning the loss of some great institutions and I'm not but since I went to high school in Cambridge (a half mile away) I used to work and walk by that area daily. I would stop by the used car dealerships and salivate over the chrome and shiny fenders and when I would see a cigar smokin' leisure suited used car salesman coming up to me wreaking of Bourbon, I would take off.
In the last few years Somerville put in bike lanes with raised islands that, if you aren't careful when you come out of streets like Sacramento St. you can do a lot of expensive damage to your vehicle. It's festooned with expensive coffee houses and eateries, I guess that's why places like R. F. O'Sullivans is still doing well there. Now when I'm in that area don't feel at home anymore. Besides vehicular traffic you have to deal with hostile bicyclists who ride as though the the traffic rules don't apply to them and those who are looking down at their phones as they're crossing streets. It's just another area to fight my way through on the way to whatever destination. I don't remember the last time for instance that I parked or did any business in Inman Sq.

I was talking about this very issue with Lenny Clarke who I have known forever.

O'Sullivan's has been around since 1980 or so as it took over along forgotten dive called the Ivy. The first sports bar in the area was at Beacon/Washington/Kirkland (Studley's) which was the first to get cable and a projection TV and Lenny was the cook/janitor. O'Malley's became 'The Thirsty Scholar' and the last dive bar was the Abby.

Studley's has a regular who was an older woman with a shrill voice and quite tall but she loved the Bruins and Red Sox.

ows_156969792842193.jpg

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
puppystolen2.png

Peel Regional Police say a man who allegedly stole a dog at gunpoint in Brampton Friday evening was arrested after he shot himself in the leg while attempting to flee.

Police said officers were called to Skylar Circle, in the area of The Gore Road and Cottrelle Boulevard, around 7:30 p.m. for reports of a robbery.

Investigators said a man advertised a nine-week-old puppy for sale online and had agreed to meet with the suspect to sell the dog.

When they met, the man handed over the puppy, at which point the suspect allegedly pulled out a gun, refused to pay and ran away.

At that point, the suspect accidentally shot himself in the leg and fell to the ground, police said. He suffered non-life-threatening injuries.

Man who allegedly stole dog at gunpoint in Brampton arrested after shooting himself in leg: police

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
I was talking about this very issue with Lenny Clarke who I have known forever.

O'Sullivan's has been around since 1980 or so as it took over along forgotten dive called the Ivy. The first sports bar in the area was at Beacon/Washington/Kirkland (Studley's) which was the first to get cable and a projection TV and Lenny was the cook/janitor. O'Malley's became 'The Thirsty Scholar' and the last dive bar was the Abby.

Studley's has a regular who was an older woman with a shrill voice and quite tall but she loved the Bruins and Red Sox.

ows_156969792842193.jpg
I worked across the street from the Thirsty Scholar, and had many a lunch (good fish and chips), and drank many a beer after work there. But I didn't start there until 2002, so I don't know the history before then.

Reactions: Fenway

08SeaBass08

Maybe next year.
Jul 8, 2010
Funkytown, Boogie Wonderland
I wanted to take the opportunity to express my appreciation for all who've described finding a good place with their ex. I'm headed for a divorce and I know we both want to keep things civil and as painless for the kids as we can. All your experiences are reassuring that it's possible, and that's really valuable to me. Best wishes to all for a joyous and peaceful holiday season and beyond. There's a lot of really good folks here, and you're all helping me through more than you'd likely believe.

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
LMAO random txt from some # I dont know. Its the ex. I just say ok. FB message from her daugher saying I should talk to her mom cuz she has been sad. LMAO....................im good.............

Sucks such a shitty woman has great daughters I am already talking to someone else and have moved on

Even worse the eldest got my something for Christmas smh

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Mom brought me another bin of "family stuff" for my brother and I to sort through. Honestly I don't know that I'll keep much of it... For example, this ash tray from Harvard that my dad got when he took a class there. :laugh: She did bring a bunch of old family photos that are really cool though. It's an album I helped her put together a few years ago and identifies older generations that I'd have no clue who they were otherwise. She also brought another blanket that my great grandmother crocheted.

The ash tray is probably going to go, unless my brother wants it for some reason, but neither of us smoke, so.... :laugh:

20191224_183102.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad